Yellow - Checker - Star Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yellow - Checker - Star Transportation

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yellow - Checker - Star Transportation (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Called in next day after submitting my application. Interview took 15 min. Hired on the spot. Took the drug test 20 mins later at a lab close by. It was on a Saturday btw. Have to call back Monday to to set up going to the T.A. for my permit. Company is paying for all processing fees upfront as long as you grantee to drive for them for at least 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Any at-fault car accidents in the last 3 years?   1 Answer

Yellow Cab Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yellow - Checker - Star Transportation in February 2015.

Interview

A lot of processing in Las Vegas. You need at least $200 up front to get proper medical paperwork and training. They hire you, then charge you. You'll want to sign up with the union so there's a one time meeting and about $25 in dues every month. All in all, a lengthy and expensive process that takes about two weeks, a lot of driving around town, and patience. Oh yeah, there's a urine test and background check at the federal level, too.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any DUI's?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever held a driving position? It's not make or break, but it's good to know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get what they give you and it's not a lot.

Taxi Driver Interview

Interview

Yellow Checker Star has the most intensive Taxi Cab Driver training in the industry. You are very well trained before you even leave the lot with a YCS Taxi Cab.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are not really any negotiations if you qualify and your DMV print out is approved you move on to training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yellow - Checker - Star Transportation (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2012.

Interview

Very short interview. They need to know your English language level. Than send you to a drag test. After that you have to go to the TaxiCab Authority office to get the test of city knowlege.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yellow - Checker - Star Transportation (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2012.

Interview

First you need to go to the DMV and show them a 3 year driver print out history of your driving history. Then go fill out an application at their office. Immediately within 3 hours you will be required to do a mandatory urine drug test. 1 business day later you will get the results from Yellow/Checker/Star Cab and you must to a DOT physical by an M.D. at your own expense ($35 dollars cost) then you bring back the results back to Yellow Checker Star Cab and they will give you a study guide packet for the Taxi Authority Test. When you go to the Taxi Authority they will give you a 50 question multiple choice test on a computer which will cost you about $62 at your own expense. You will also have to attend a mandatory 1 hour union meeting that tries to sell you the benefits of becoming a union member. After passing the test you will have to sign up for a day safety course by the taxi authority which is an all day class. After that you will be given by a yellow checker star representative and he will explain how when you start you will be working on the extra board 6 days a week for 12 hours at a time until you get a shift which is 1 to 2 weeks later. They will most likely want to start you on their day schedule where you report to work at 2:00am. But most likely have to wait an hour before a cab becomes available an actually be driving from maybe 3am till 11:45am to 2:15pm depending on the shift that is available for that day. Then after the interview you will take 2 days of class (unpaid) where Yellow Checker Star goes over the company policies and takes you on the psychical driving tour to show new drivers the procedures of staging at different casinos and at mccarren airport.

Interview Questions

• The interview only asked if I was willingly to work long hours. In hindsight I would have requested that I work the swing shift because drivers are busiest then and can potentially earn more money   Answer Question