Yeshiva University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Yeshiva University

2.3

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was called to discuss the opportunity. It was a simple conversation with a few questions. Then. I was asked to come into the office and I met with my would-be boss. Interview went well, questions were pointed but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were standard, since this was a relatively easy position. I was asked:

Tell me about yourself.
      Can you perform the functions.
      What do you want to do while you are here, other than the duties described.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

One in person interview that was quick (half hour) with three faculty members followed by an Excel computer skills test and a document formatting exercise. The interview questions were standard with no curve balls or anything unexpected. The only thing that threw me off was that is was very quick and cut short towards the end because they had another candidate scheduled to come in immediately after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and what is your long term plan and goals?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

First contacted by HR & scheduled a "phone interview" that probably lasted 10 minutes, then we scheduled a 1:1 with another person in HR and that interview was very bizarre. Lastly, I interviewed with the department I had applied for & met their Executive Assistant & the Finance person.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem understanding a different culture?   92 Answers

Negotiation

Nothing really. They told me what it paid and that's all they could offer, there was no room for negotiation but it was a step up in salary from where I was currently working.

TA Interview

Interview

You have to go in knowing the class and knowing what is important to the teacher. It it not enough to know all of the matirial. You have to be excited about it as well. The teacher wants to have someone with passion as well. it pay to do your research. look at what other classes in other schools are doing and try to to show her those ideas. that shows intiative

Interview Questions

• What would change about my teaching style   1 Answer

Negotiation

akward but open and understanding. if they want you, they will work with you.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Just one interview in the YU finance department. It probably lasted 20 minutes no longer. It was a brief and very easy interview. It was led by the Director of Accounting along with one of the senior accountant staff whom didn't really know much about interviewing. Then I heard back from the director of accounting after 2 weeks later I believe.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why you interested in this role? What do you know about the YU Finance department?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

first round met HR, second round met web service manager and interactive director. About 70% are behavior questions, and 30%are technical questions. Nice conversation. Simple but professional. Q: Why do you think this position is good fit for you? What does you supervisor say about you?

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yeshiva University.

Interview

Interviewed with my immediate boss and one level up. Fairly straight forward. Expectations were expressed and abilities were probed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with HR. Don't be timid - they do their job, so you do yours. Will not affect your relationship with the boss.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and professional. An application to HR and then set up time with the party to whom you will report. Dean is wonderful and a real mentsch! I was most impressed with his honesty and integrity as he was willing to reveal the limitations of the position and the challenges one is likely to face.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to mesh your talents with this role   1 Answer

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

You apply with a project and a couple essays, you then proceed to have a 2 on one interview with the heads of housing, if they like you they will call you back for the group interview with roughly 30-40 others and following that they will give you a week or two and then let you know if you received the position.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I received many questions regarding scenarios that would happen in the dorms and outside. A good interview should go for about 45 minutes and make sure to thank the interview for their time afterwards.