YogaWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YogaWorks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YogaWorks (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Filled out a form and got a call same day. Then an in studio interview and I got the job! Background check took a while but everything else was super quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarzana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YogaWorks (Tarzana, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with the manager and filled out some paper work then proceeded to a semi formal interview. She asked why I specifically chose to apply at yogaworks and then explained the job duties and asked about my experience. She also asked about my interests outside of work.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the biggest challenge about working at a yoga studio?   1 Answer

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YogaWorks.

Interview

I was interviewed during a time they were restaffing a new studio chain they had purchased so I had an expedited process. I went to an open interview and was hired on the spot and began paid training within a few weeks. They asked about my yoga experience and relation to it, most questions centered more around getting to know me as a person. The greeter position is important to them because you are the face the students begin to recognize and you are their go to contact and a source of familiar comfort if they have a problem or question. They want someone who is smiling and interested in providing excellent experiences for the students.

Yoga Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at YogaWorks (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First Round over the phone with Studio Manager, then in person with your potential Manager, last round is in person with Regional Manager. It was fairly simple and very relaxed, very opposite of how the job actually is which is very misleading. The interview process was quick and to the point, from there it took two weeks for the HR department to process me as a new employee. This is a consistent thing I have noticed in the hiring process whether it is for full time staff or part time, you get interviewed and hired work but it takes too long for HR to process you so you can start working

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you either accepted the hourly rate or you didn't accept the job

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YogaWorks (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Manager gave me a tour then we chatted for a bit about yoga and about my past work experience. There was probably only 1 real "interview question". It was very casual. I got an offer email the next day. Also I walked in and dropped off my resume, I would reccomend doing that over applying online (or in addition to)

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with angry customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YogaWorks (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Toured the yoga studio. Manager hired me on the spot. Discussed the various classes offered. Have i ever done yoga before.What are my responsibilities based on the job description

Interview Questions

• BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU EVER PROVIDED. DAYS AVAILABLE TO WORK, WHERE DO YOU LIVE. ARE YOU ABLE TO WORK EARLY MORNINGS AND LATE SHIFTS   Answer Question

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YogaWorks.

Interview

Structured interview with well-thought out questions that are directly related to the job description. Interviewer was on time and kept the interview brief but concise. Got a call back within a very reasonable amount of time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YogaWorks (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

My interviewer was kind professional and friendly. The interview was informal and informative and I felt she was being honest and straight with me about what the job would entail. She let me look around the studio first and although the pay seems kind of low the environment seems friendly and interesting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YogaWorks.

Interview

Took a few weeks which is understandable,once you apply online or however you fill out the application, you have phone interview with HR, then meet with your potential manager then finally upper management. The whole process for me took maybe 3 weeks because I was still working at my old job and had to find the right times that fit mine and the managers schedule to interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had a $1 pay drop, but negotiated in a raise over the year and was satisfied.

Yoga Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YogaWorks (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had to finish the 500hour training. Then applied for the yoga sub instructor position. There was a phone interview and then generally there is a class audition. Though I bypassed this as the interviewer had already observed my teaching from the training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach for YogaWorks? What are your strong skill sets as a teacher?   1 Answer