Yokohama Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2016

3.2

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yokohama Tire (West Point, MS) in June 2016.

Interview

Was very short the day I was suppose to be there Told me to come back next day when I did barely asked any questions said had to go was running late interview was less than 5 mins I would have been awesome for that job and another I see they have now but figured Why waste my time. I wanted any job there so bad would have been awesome employee

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yokohama Tire (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to come for an on-site interview in Santa Ana to meet with the hiring manager. Although I expected this to be a straightforward interview, it took a number of strange twists along the way. My resume stated that I had advanced Japanese language ability. Although the position did not require this, the hiring manager decided to test my ability. A Japanese American sat in on the interview and acted as interpreter for a few questions I was asked in Japanese.

I was also given an on-the-spot Excel test. The hiring manager slid his laptop to me and tested my ability on some Excel functions. I have been tested on my Microsoft Office computer savvy many times before, but I was usually given the courtesy knowing this in advance and usually it is done separate from the interview.

I discovered later that the hiring manager and I had worked at the same company in the past, but at different times. Since one of his contacts/relatives still worked at that company, he had him/her contact my previous department and inquire about me before the on-site interview. This is a questionable hiring method at best.

Overall, it was a strange experience. The hiring manager was not very talkative, making the atmosphere a bit uncomfortable. I received neither an offer or the usual rejection email that most companies send out.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yokohama Tire (Starkville, MS) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview with Human Resources, an in person interview with section managers, and a panel interview with HR Manager, Section Managers, YTMM Vice President, and Director of Operations. HR was very friendly, and answered many questions. Next interview with managers was very relaxed and laid back. The final panel interview was more challenging. It was intimidating to be questioned by a Japanese executive. It was also very difficult to understand them due to the language barrier

Interview Questions

• When considering the following topics, which do you think is most important? (Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, and Cost)   1 Answer

Marketing & Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yokohama Tire.

Interview

Quick phone interview with H.R. then in-person interview with H.R. and hiring manager.
    H.R.person seemed annoyed that I hadn’t completed the application the emailed me prior to the interview. I apologized for this. However, when I later checked my email they hadn’t included the application attachment with their correspondence (oops).

Everyone seemed friendly but the culture seems very conservative.

Position I was interviewing with was later posted by a recruiter with a salary that was slightly lower than I had expected so not overly disappointed it didn’t work out.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to do a business simulation with tire sales to various customers by product line with market size and profitability. You then have to analyze this info and determine which areas you would focus on to improve the business.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yokohama Tire (Istanbul (Turkey)) in December 2014.

Interview

Invited to interview to the Country distributor's office in Istanbul, then waited for 2-3 months for a reply. By this time a few time phone calls were done... The process time was too long and it was ok'ed after weeks... Then HR made some basic tests and filled out some regular forms as they are standard at each requirement process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experince in the sector.? Do you have a possible customer list?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yokohama Tire in January 2010.

Interview

Interview started with an hour phone interview, then scheduled a trip to the office. Met with multiple people to discuss the position and previous experience. From there another interview to present the offer was scheduled and went over company benefits. Overall a good interview experience. The company is a great company to work for and would recommend.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have in the tire industry?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yokohama Tire in June 2008.

Interview

met managerment, flew to california for an HR interview then two more by senior management

Negotiation