YuMe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YuMe Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2017

3.1

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YuMe in October 2017.

Interview

A complete waste of time. I spent time study, understanding the business and was ready for my phone screen. When you are hiring a candidate, understand that they also have busy schedules and taking time out of their day to apply and prepare.

10 Mins before the actual interview i got this message

I do apologize for the last minute cancel. The hiring manager will be going a slightly different route and feels that your background may not be a good fit. However, we will keep your resume on file and keep in touch in case something else comes up.
    Again I do apologize about the last minute cancel.

This tells me a lot about the company, and i am more thankful than ever i didn't get the interview.

Account Executive (Sales Engineer) Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YuMe.

Interview

I was very disappointed with the interview process. After investing more than two weeks of screenings, phone calls, rescheduled call - on their part - and an in person interview I was surprised to hear that my background apparently was not a match for the position. If my experience was not a match I think this should have been made clear from the very beginning. I was led to believe that there was a vested interest.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at YuMe (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very slow, but overall fair. One strange thing which I observed was they call onsite doing just a basic phone screening and they have to do phone screening after onsite interview. They should streamline the process by doing multiple phone screening before calling onsite and wasting person's half day.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YuMe (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Jobvite and was reached out to just under two months later. I was contacted by the Sr. Manager directly, rather than a recruiter or HR. Set up a phone call for a few business days later. Phone call was with another account manager and the senior manager. Again, no HR, which was a good sign. Talked to me about the specific projects on and asked me about previous experience. Everything went well. They were very friendly, and very accommodating when I stumbled over my words a few times. The phone screen took about 25 minutes, and I was able to ask as many questions as I needed.

About a day later, after I sent a follow-up email, I received a message from Recruiting to set up a time to interview in person at HQ. They were flexible and give me plenty of notice and help for parking in the area. The interview went well. First did a solo interview with the Account Manager I spoke with on the phone, they explained the projects I would be working on in more detail and wanted to learn about my experience prior to my resume. It was a very easy environment to speak in, I felt comfortable because we both talked about our experiences living in the area. Everyone was very friendly.

Next, I had a solo interview with the Sr. Account Manager, and they really nailed down the purpose and need for the projects I would be working on. Very transparent with the expectations and standards of the position. Very easy to communicate with, great at explaining the benefits and things I would be learning on the job. Even though we went over our time slot, they were very patient and accommodating, making sure I felt comfortable and important.

Left feeling good about myself and my potential. Sent a follow up the next morning, and was told a decision would be made either that day or the next. I was given the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• How are you with an environment that might be more abstract or unstructured?   1 Answer
    • Why YuMe?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YuMe (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Streamlined and straight forward. I meet with the hiring manager and members of the team. I also met with members of the client groups. These interviewers were all very nice and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the types of open positions that you have recruited for.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YuMe (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was quick and efficient. Better than most interviews I have participated in. I met with some of the key players on the team and had a good feel of who they are as a person and a colleague.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YuMe.

Interview

Extensive interview process. First interviewed with a recruiter, then went through a 1:1 with a Manager, then a panel of three different team members. Then I was brought for another interview with the initial manager and his Director, and finally to the SVP of Sales. Very thorough.

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YuMe (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

2 full days of 4-6 people interviewing me both days. Not very informative about the job and responsibilities I would have, more about what they do and information on the company in general.

Interview Questions

• How are my Excel skills (should have been a red flag!)   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YuMe (Redwood City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I just had an initial recruiter phone screen. The recruiter had a bit of an attitude and was quite rude. I wasn't sure if he was insulting me or complimenting me at times. He did not display company culture very well and was not a great representation of YuMe.

Interview Questions

He asked me to come onsite but because of my bad experience with the phone screen, I did not feel like YuMe was the right fit for me!

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YuMe in June 2014.

Interview

There were five interviewers, the position will be working in the data science team comprised of a few people. All members of this group interviewed me. The first interviewer asked mostly was about basic probability and statistics, another about monte carlo simulations. The next one was a programming question. The one after that was about developing real time bidding algorithms. There were mostly looking for someone with optimization and real time bidding experience.

Interview Questions

• I know your current employer, does he know you are interviewing here?   1 Answer