ZGF Architects Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2018

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at ZGF Architects

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ZGF Architects

Found 14 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (Portland, OR) in May 2018

Interview

Got a phone call from the team leader first, asking some details of the resume and introducing a bit more of the position and work. Next round of interview was a call with the team leader as well as the principals and some team members.

Interview Questions
  • How much you know about the company? Who is your favorite architect?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Personable, tour of the firm, learned a lot about the firm's portfolio and business planning. They asked me about my previous work- curious what I wanted to focus on in my career development

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2017

Interview

I got an interview through a friend whose father worked at ZGF in a different city. The interview itself was easy going with a lot of getting to know the firm and the kind of experience I had. After several follow up emails, someone finally replied that they didn't have a position for my level of experience, though during the interview they said the opposite.

Interview Questions
  • What types of projects have you worked on?
Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at ZGF Architects (Portland, OR) in Sep 2017

Interview

I applied via an employee referral, who passed along my resume and portfolio. I was invited to an onsite interview. It was a comfortable process, and everything went smoothly. The interview was warm and friendly, with standard questions—nothing that was unexpected or difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what you've been up to, and why you applied for this position.
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2017

Interview

I was referred by an employee and promptly called in for interview. There was brief discussion on past experience and works. There was office tour followed by interview process

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, WI
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (Chicago, WI)

Interview

easy very detailed description of sites and galleries. how i can contribute to the company everyone was very easy to get to know me and skills. I had several interviews with site management they're very easy going

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (Los Angeles, CA) in Dec 2016

Interview

I was contacted by an independent recruiter who was working on their behalf. I had aa phone interview and was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. Everyone was very nice, I will say. But I had to wait 20 to 30 minutes for the assistant who was interviewing me since he was tied up. He was looking for an EA with high energy, but I didn't see any energy coming from him. I chalked that up to him being busy and likely tired. (I interviewed at the end of the day.) I was fully dismayed at the follow up. I received no answer on the job. No follow up. No answer from this recruiter. I spent my time and money to drive through traffic for this. I wonder if this treatment is a sample of what it's like to work there? Glad I didn't get the job. To rate this experience I give it a "meh". Not good, not bad. Disappointing.

Interview Questions
  • What is your organizational process?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (New York, NY) in Jun 2016

Interview

The company reached out to me and I had a phone interview. After that I had a very comfortable 2:1 interview in the NYC offices. The teamed seemed very nice and transparent and I had no complaints from the interview process. I am discouraged though, because despite them telling me they would tell me either way within a week, I never heard back. I also sent a follow up email explaining I was still interested and should the position be filled I'd appreciate some feedback moving forward. They didn't respond, which I found extremely unprofessional given the fact that I gave them my time and they reached out to me. Sadly, this type of behavior is all too common with employers.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (Seattle, WA)

Interview

The woman who would be my 'boss' came up to Seattle from the home office in Bellevue to interview prospects. I had gotten my resume late in the process as I had another job & couldn't decide if it would be best to keep that job or go for the ZGF position. When I sat down, Jan (who was the CFO and Manager of Admin.) and I immediately hit it off. It was so amazing that when I got the job and spent my first week in Portland following her around we both kept saying, oh that's just what I was going to say. Obviously, it was a very comfortable interview and went well.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you would be the best candidate for this position?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ZGF Architects (New York, NY) in Jan 2015

Interview

I applied online. Then they emailed me with a interview arrangement. I had interviewed with a design principle for about half an hour. He asked me to introduce myself and asked about the projects on portfolio one by one.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14