Zinio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zinio Interview Questions

2.9

Customer Support Interview

Interview

First had a phone interview then Interviewed with 3 different people at different times, friendly people and was offered the job within a week the offer was lower than expected. They each asked around 15 questions and I had to meet with the current CEO before I was offered (this happened at the same time as the interview)

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zinio (Remote, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

- 1 interview in BCN: this interview to verify the english level and some technical question regarding the position, availability to join the company and salary expected.
    - 2 remote interviews with SF team (1 of them technical): the first one to talk with the QA manager about the position, experience and what Zinio needs. The second one technical talking about java, continuous integration strategies and testing frameworks

Interview Questions

• Describe all continuous integration process and how to fit it in Zinio structure   Answer Question

Director of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zinio (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks to complete (from 1st contact to final interview)
    1) Qualifying HR Review
    2) Second Interview with HR Manager,
    3) Another interview with the first interviewer
    4) Scheduled in person Interview which consisted of being interviewed by 5 people last about 30/45 minutes
         per Interviewer.

* After going through this Whole process I spent $10.00 in Gas, $35.00 in parking (half a day interview)
      and about 5 hours of time not to mention the trip home.

I received an email stating that everyone liked me and all they needed was to review my application with the
     Executive team.
     Three days later I get an email stating the Executive team decided NOT to fill the position and have a CSR
     handle the extra work in Spain.

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

They need to communicate with the C- Level management before they even post the job.
    Communicate with all levels of management to make sure everyone is on board and understands the process and is willing to move forward.

Interview Questions

• As a Seasoned 16 years experience, all the questions were pretty basic and not very difficult at all.   Answer Question

Director of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zinio (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone conversation with the HR recruiter (internal) basically verifying your qualifications and going over your resume.
    2nd interview was phone conversation with HR Manager, very nice and pleasant conversation.
    3rd Interview was on site for 4 hours, I was interviewed individually by different members of the management team.
    The questions asked were all questions relevant to the position and my experience, nothing was to difficult to answer.
    After a total months of time from applying to the last interview I felt like I wasted $35.00 for parking and walking in the rain getting drenched just to hear that everyone liked me and felt I was very qualified but the upper management decided to adsorb the position and use someone from our other offices.
    WHAT!!!!!
    I felt this was a simple left hand not communicating with the right hand kind of thing. this is something that I would think would be discussed before even posting the position on the job boards!!!

Interview Questions

• No questions that an experienced interviewee could not answer.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zinio.

Interview

Did a phone interview and was asked to come in at my own cost to interview at their SF office.
    $32 for all day parking, no lunch provided despite the fact that interview was scheduled over lunch. All the interviewers were late. One didn't even show up and left me sitting there for 30 min. HR was clueless and wasn't sure who was next.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers (more then one) hinted that They are leaving the company or plan on leaving the company. OK. How do you respond to that?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zinio (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

This was a few months back...I applied via a job board and was contacted by hiring manager and did a short phone interview. I was asked if i would like to come in for an in person interview with them, which I did, and felt it went extremely well.

During the interview I was told I would hear back from them in a few weeks with a decision, either way, but nothing. When I called and emailed, it was like I never existed. Was the interview just a dream? If a candidate spends a day to interview with you, have the decency to get back to them. Not even the courtesy of a rejection letter or call (which doesn't take more than a minute).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zinio (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I was told that the job was going to be more analytical than anything and work with micscrosoft suite. What i didn't know was that it was mainly excel spreadsheete that I'd be inputting data into. I was asked about my familiarity with magazines, however the work that was being done wasn't editorial at all. Nevertheless, I was then explained what the job entailed and told that it would be a temp position with opportunity to extend. I went for it.

Interview Questions

• How good I was using excel since the position was data oriented and intensive   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zinio (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call. Interviewed with three people at once. Did not receive the job. Was called back 6(ish) months later with a new job opening as I was the next candidate. Interviewed with three different additional people, including the VP of production.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Easy interview easy hiring process. Such a joke, will hire anyone who is willing to accept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, they will give anything.