Zoo Atlanta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zoo Atlanta Interview Questions

Interviews at Zoo Atlanta

2.3

Educator Interview

Interview

Easy but they were clearly overwhelmed with interviews and made it clear to me this this would not lead to a full time position in any capacity at zoo Atlanta

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoo Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

Online application was sent and then a few weeks later contacted via email for a phone interview. Interviewers were kind, enthusiastic and provided a lot of information. The phone interview set up with more than one person was a bit awkward, though.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was able to work in rain/heat/cold etc. as it is an outdoor facility.   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zoo Atlanta (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I have a similar experience to another reviewer. I worked at zoo Atlanta the pervious year and went in to interview. I knew everyone at the interview and they were so nice and mentioned me working their before. About 3 weeks later I got a mass email from HR letting me know I didn’t get the position.

The hiring process is just insulting and unprofessional. The work environment is also catty and unprofessional.

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zoo Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was very easy and comfortable. We talked a lot about prior experience working with children and ability to solve conflict between children. Also discussed other things that come along with working camp such as being a liaison for parents and measuring my comfort level with that.

Interview Questions

• we had to present a lesson that would teach kids about and animal topic of our choice   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoo Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two in person on site interviews. Everyone was very nice but they took longer to get back to me than they said and after I drove there twice to interview they sent a standard rejection email, despite the fact that I met with multiple people who could have personally emailed me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoo Atlanta in February 2017.

Interview

While I’m fully accepting of the park’s decision in selecting another candidate, I feel it is necessary that I voice my displeasure with how my candidacy for this opportunity was handled.

After a couple of internal referrals, I interviewed with Zoo Atlanta over the phone and was then invited to interview one-on-one with the hiring manager.

Toward the end of my in-person interview, the hiring manager and I had a lengthy discussion regarding the modern job landscape and how unacceptable it is that many companies today fail to communicate final decisions to candidates – especially those making the late rounds of the interview process. I was specifically told, and verbally confirmed, that I would receive a phone call by end of day two days later, “one way or another” in reference to the aforementioned position. Considering this conversation, I was extremely disappointed (and frankly shocked) that I not only failed to receive any sort of communication when promised, but nothing over a week later as well. A week and a day after I was told I'd have an answer, I received an out-of-the-blue phone call from Zoo Atlanta with NO VOICEMAIL included. A couple hours later I am sent a mass email communication stating that I did not get the position. This experience was as insulting as it was unprofessional.

Stewardship and Integrity are two of Zoo Atlanta’s core values. Neither of these ideals were presented at the conclusion of the interview process. As a longtime Zoo Atlanta member, it is incredibly disappointing to see that the same courtesy and attention extended to its members and guests is not at all relayed to job candidates.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager talked about his or herself the entire interview.   Answer Question

Volunteer Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zoo Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone interview and a 2 hour in person panel interview with 8 people. Received an email the following day stating the head of the department would be out for an unspecified number of weeks and would make a decision when she returned. A month and a half later I emailed her, only to receive a form email the next day letting me know I had not been selected, which I had already figured out having seen the job listing re-posted online. After putting that kind of time into an interview, I would expect a faster decision or at least a personal reply to my email.

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zoo Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to the job fair and had a short sit down with an employee and then was called for another interview a couple weeks after. During that interview saw what I would be doing if I worked there and then talked to the department head. Overall, the interview was as long as you hoped if you were wanting to get hired and very promising.

Interview Questions

• Give an example on how you handled an unruly guest.   1 Answer