albelli Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at albelli

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at albelli (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2018.

Interview

First, there was a brief interview with HR, then a technical assignment.
    After few days they checked the assignment, and then a technical interview was scheduled with a Solution Architect and a senior developer.
    The last step was a pair programming session with some team members, then we went outside together for launch.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at albelli (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2018.

Interview

After applying online to the position, I received a call from the recruiter to set up an initial conversation. The first interview with HR was to understand my experience and expectations and to present an overview of the company.

Then I received a technical assignment to build a REST API following some requirements. The test demanded around 4 to 6 hours, but there are no time constraints for it.

Next phase was a technical interview with the team members who reviewed the tech assignment, there were questions related to the test and technical questions in general, including topics like performance, application's monitoring, LINQ (.NET) and so on.

Then I had a non-technical interview with the team manager and the recruiter, they wanted to know what I value in a job and about my soft skills. They also presented more details about the company.

Finally, they invited me to visit the company in Amsterdam and I had a face to face interview including pair programming and meetings with the teams. Next day they invited me to the office and presented me an offer.

The whole process was smooth and well communicated, and I was very well welcomed by the team during the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Create a .NET REST API serving the domain of Customers and Orders   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at albelli (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application I got invitation to technical interview with Senior Web Analyst
    Guy was very friendly and the whole interview process was pretty much comfortable
    I was mainly asked about my job experience and technologies used

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at albelli (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in February 2019.

Interview

Got in touch with the recruiter and then 3 rounds of interviews with various peers and stakeholders. Very professional and respectful treatment across all stages of the process . Everyone was prepared and knowed what to ask in order to judge if it's a good fit for both sides.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at albelli in March 2018.

Interview

The whole process was smooth an relatively fast.

First, there was a brief interview with HR, followed by a technical assignment (build a RESTful web service to serve the domain of customers and orders for an online store). It took them 2-3 days to check the assignment, and then a technical Skype interview was scheduled.

The interview had some standard questions about work experience and some general .NET questions. Then there was a discussion of my assignment with some questions regarding architectural and other technical decisions. After that, they asked me to share my screen via Skype and make a console application that would calculate the amount of time it would take for an online store order system to process several orders consisting of different items.

Then there was another HR interview over Skype. I think this was the most friendly and relaxed interview that I've ever had. They told me all about their company, why they love working there and why they want me to join, asked a few personal questions ("What's your favorite movie?")

So far, everything was going great. Then we went on to discuss the exact salary, and unfortunately they couldn't offer the amount that I expected, so we had to stop the process. Which is a pity, since everyone who I talked to at Albelli seemed very professional, friendly and cheerful. I hope in the future they can raise their salary a bit to make it more competitive.

Interview Questions

• Home technical test: create a .NET REST API serving the domain of Customers and Orders. Create endpoints for the following operations:
      get all customers (without orders)
      get a customer with the specified ID (with orders)
      create a new customer
      add an order to an existing customer   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for Senior Software Developer (web) position and was given a technical task and did it completely. After that, I went through a technical review of the task with Solution Architect. During the interview, in addition to asking some software-related questions, he asked some hardware and network questions. These questions were out of scope of software development and I was rejected!
    The recruiter even didn't bother himself to inform me about the result of the interview and I asked after two days personally from the Solution Architect.
    They should be more clear on their requirements. The assigned task was completed and the technical guy confirmed that. But surprisingly, I was rejected for lack of hardware information!
    Please respect the candidates and inform them about the result of the interview.

Interview Questions

albelli Response

Jan 30, 2018 – Talent Sourcer

Thank you for your comment and we apologize for the late response regarding the interview, we are trying our best to provide quick and meaningful feedback to our candidates.

We will take into... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at albelli.

Interview

I received a technical test with the instructions, I spent a few hours working on the test which was pretty standard and after finishing it I received a feedback from the recruiter pointing that I wasn't approved and listing the reasons for that.

I got surprised when I realize that I was being evaluated for many things not specified on the test. I am not sure how does it works but I suggest to the company to be more clear about evaluation since I was being charged for optional items of the test and items that weren't listed on the spec.

It would be easier to extract the best of the candidates if you tell the candidate about evaluation criteria or even providing a better specification.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at albelli.

Interview

I was asked to realize a REST web service and upload it on an open source source control (bitbucket)

The test had to be realized within 2 hours and include database scripts, it was easy task, I could complete it in 1 and a half hour including optional cases.

Interview Questions

• Realize a restful web service with given specifications   1 Answer

Aug 25, 2016 – Sr. Corporate recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you experienced the application in that manner. At this time, BitBucket is indeed part of our application process. From now... More

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at albelli (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2018.

Interview

Short and consise as I was a interim - had a phone screening with the HR Director and then had a Skype call the next day which went into more detail around my experience.

Product Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at albelli in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the team and the recruiter, Kelly, who followed up with me promptly after the interview to provide me a case to work on over the weekend. I presented to additional team members the following week for the second interview. The entire process was very smooth, clear, friendly, and professional.

Interview Questions

albelli Response

Aug 25, 2016 – Sr. Corporate recruiter

Thank you for your review. We are glad to have you on board, good luck and have fun!