empowr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

empowr Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2018

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at empowr.

Interview

1. Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn
    2. Initial phone screen with HR rep
    3. Take-home coding challenge
    4. On-site interview

The overall process was pretty standard based on interview experiences with other companies. However, after the on-site interview (in which I thought I did pretty well) I received zero further communication regarding whether I had passed the interview or not. I reached out twice to the HR rep who I had been working with throughout the interview process (and who normally would respond to emails quickly), and received no response.

Interview Questions

• The on-site interview involved a graph / path-finding problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1). Applied online
    2). Received a coding challenge done in either either Java or C#
    3). Onsite

IF YOU ARE GOING ONSITE, MAKE SURE THEY AGREE TO PAY FOR YOUR PARKING UPFRONT.
    The only parking around their office is $20.

Interview Questions

• Basic node traversal question. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-paths-given-source-destination/)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at empowr.

Interview

1). Applied online
    2). Received a coding challenge done in either either Java or C#
    3). Onsite

So the job description said 0-5 years of C# experiences and I confirmed in the Onsite if they were hiring entry level and they said yes. Two days later I got the rejection and I saw the same job posting but now it's asking for for 3-5 years of C# experiences.

Don't waste people time and make-up your mind.

Interview Questions

• You're given flights and destinations. Give the initial flight and destination can you determine if you reach destination.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Phone Interview with recruiter
    2. Skype interview with one engineer and a coding problem
    3. Skype interview with one engineer and a lead engineer and a coding problem

The Skype interviews were completely unprofessional. The lead engineer was too "socially afraid" so he hid himself from the Skype camera, and while coding they went on mute and talked to themselves and laughed on mute. Don't join this company if you know the engineers are like this. Completely unprofessional interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Coding algos that are irrelevant instead of actual problems that they work on.   Answer Question

Membership Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at empowr in June 2017.

Interview

Very impersonal, no human contact at all. A one sided recorded interview, which is unusual from information I received from human resources professionals. Read the reviews about this company, went through the motions, glad they did not contact me. Previously known as Fanbox. Saw several videos on how this company is a scam, not reputable at all. Some videos were removed due to a cease and desist order.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions and some allegedly "personality" type questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR found me on Linkedin. I started with an online video interview with some basic background questions and technical questions to test your CS skills. Then I completed a coding puzzle challenge via email. Then I came in for onsite interview. Lastly, I met and interview with the CEO of the company

Interview Questions

• For Video Interview, just some background question, maybe some small technical questions to test your basic knowledge in Computer Science   Answer Question
    • For Coding puzzle, find the all unique occurrence of a word in a given matrix of characters   Answer Question
    • For Onsite Interview, implement a rock-paper-scissor game with specified rules and requirements (this is not a regular rock-paper-scissor game)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone interview then an on-site interview with some technical questions. There was a programming quiz that was necessary to complete. After the programming puzzle the on-site interview was scheduled. Everybody was very lax and made you feel comfortable.

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They called and told me to make an app. After submitting the app, never heard from them again. It's probably a good thing because based on their reviews, this seems like a crappy company anyways. Applied so I can get some interview practices, even then, not worth the time. Just talking to the recruiter and they have no idea how they're making revenue by having the app or website that's similar to facebook. As an user, you can like/comment/share something and you get money. Too good to be true. Probably some kind of scam.

Post and Promote Things From Their Market Place Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

There was not one you jline just had to sign up on line and login on their site or download the app, and them they will give you 20$ supposablily and a 1000$'s to help you with the biding on the products of the other people who are on the site and the say that the money circulate and build up and everyone gets paid, but you could not cash out for 90 days, but at my 90 days me account some how got deleted and i have been getting the run around for the last week.

Mobile Developer - Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at empowr (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

After 2 rounds of interviews that went exceedingly well, I was slated to connect to a co-founder. Upon asking about how certain components of the back-end and front-end architecture interchange as well as how the authentication processes take place, the co-founder told me to stop wasting his time. He told me to download the app that's in an alpha stage, run through it, find questions about it, and reschedule an interview quite aggressively. As a software developer, this is a huge red flag. Any higher-up in a company, especially a startup, should treat their developers with respect.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: Past Experience?
      Q: How did you get into mobile dev?
      Q: Questions about the company?   1 Answer