empowr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

empowr Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Terrible experience. Questions were dumb and irrelevant. Interview process was long because they take forever to get back to you. Was invited to come onsite for the final interview and before I did, I did my due diligence and did some research - Google/YouTube fanbox, sms.ac and you will find out all the info you need to know about this awful company. I'm writing this to warn other people out there that might get lured in by this company. All of the positive reviews you see on here are probably from their HR dept. I've never once found any positive information about this company. You won't find anything on empowr because they re-branded from fanbox but you will find a ton of negative information about sms.ac and fanbox. You are warned!

Interview Questions

• Skype interview was easy - basic tech interview. Take home test was an extremely poorly made test with terrible english. Questions made absolutely no sense they tried to use mathematical notation on some and it was completely incorrect! This was when the red flags started to go off. When you learn about their tech stack you will see they are still stuck in the early 2000's.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

- phone screening of 15 minutes
    - typical puzzle solving challenge
    -onsite interview where they again ask for puzzle, most of the times they do not check your technical knowledge but analytical knowledge is assessed.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Empowr. The interview process was enjoyable. I initially had an interview with a couple managers and then a final one-on-one. I learned a lot about empowr. Overall it was a great experience.Showing you have knowledge of the company and some of their competitors seemed to really go over well. I prepared myself well.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest personal achievement? Professional? What are your personality pros and cons?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 7 days after that. We arranged a face to face interview and I was there on time. I've waited for like 20 minutes to get called. The questions they asked me were kinda expected. It was a little complicated process that was nothing scary.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself? What do you know about the company? Why do you want this job? Similar standard questions and some mathematical tasks   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then they called me. We made short interview over the phone and then in person. It was a good process, nothing too different than the other companies I've been on interviews on. The people that interviewed me seemed nice. Everything was ok. I met with the head of product and was able to get to know the company.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions, career questions, mathematical/problem solving questions, experience questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Typical phone interview. Then a programming puzzle that would take a few hours. Then either an on-site or skype technical interview similar to the programming puzzle, that lasts around two hours. Then a final on-site interview.

They seemed friendly, though they do seem to be busy at times for interviews. They never got back to me after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• If you found a different and more appealing job in a few months, why wouldn't you take it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1). Applied online
    2). Received a coding challenge done in either either Java or C#
    3). Onsite

IF YOU ARE GOING ONSITE, MAKE SURE THEY AGREE TO PAY FOR YOUR PARKING UPFRONT.
    The only parking around their office is $20.

Interview Questions

• Basic node traversal question. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-paths-given-source-destination/)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at empowr (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR found me on Linkedin. I started with an online video interview with some basic background questions and technical questions to test your CS skills. Then I completed a coding puzzle challenge via email. Then I came in for onsite interview. Lastly, I met and interview with the CEO of the company

Interview Questions

• For Video Interview, just some background question, maybe some small technical questions to test your basic knowledge in Computer Science   Answer Question
    • For Coding puzzle, find the all unique occurrence of a word in a given matrix of characters   Answer Question
    • For Onsite Interview, implement a rock-paper-scissor game with specified rules and requirements (this is not a regular rock-paper-scissor game)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Phone Interview with recruiter
    2. Skype interview with one engineer and a coding problem
    3. Skype interview with one engineer and a lead engineer and a coding problem

The Skype interviews were completely unprofessional. The lead engineer was too "socially afraid" so he hid himself from the Skype camera, and while coding they went on mute and talked to themselves and laughed on mute. Don't join this company if you know the engineers are like this. Completely unprofessional interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Coding algos that are irrelevant instead of actual problems that they work on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at empowr.

Interview

1). Applied online
    2). Received a coding challenge done in either either Java or C#
    3). Onsite

So the job description said 0-5 years of C# experiences and I confirmed in the Onsite if they were hiring entry level and they said yes. Two days later I got the rejection and I saw the same job posting but now it's asking for for 3-5 years of C# experiences.

Don't waste people time and make-up your mind.

Interview Questions

• You're given flights and destinations. Give the initial flight and destination can you determine if you reach destination.   Answer Question