gloProfessional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

gloProfessional Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.2

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at gloProfessional in October 2017.

Interview

Intital contact was via email then a scheduled call with a recruiter. Spoke with the recruiter, very nice and pleasant. She got me very excited about the position. Next steps were with the hiring manager. WHAT A NIGHTMARE of a person. Never have I interviewed with such a rude and condescending person in my life. This woman seems like she has her nose up in the air and thinks she is better than everyone. Her tone and attitude were atrocious! Glo should be embarrassed to have someone like that representing their brand. Then again, with all of the negative reviews on the company... should I expect they hire pleasant and quality people? They are always hiring (for the same positions) which is never a good sign. They obviously cannot keep people working for them. I am so outraged. STAY AWAY. The pay is extremely low and below even the average for an outside sales position, ESPECIALLY in this industry.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at gloProfessional (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Call with corp recruiter, then Dir of Sales Support, met in person. They asked the standard questions, but revealed nothing about benefits, pay range or anything about the team.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation with a past account or employer?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at gloProfessional in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter, human resources and then the regional manager. Shortly there after, I had an in person interview with the regional manager and then one last phone interview with the VP. Everyone I spoke with was absolutely pleasant and very passionate about the company.

Everyone was more than willing to discuss any concerns I expressed about the bad reviews left here on Glassdoor. There are still quite a few people that have worked for the company for many years, so not everyone leaves within a year of being hired. People most often only leave feedback when they are upset, which is why you only see mostly negative feedback on here, in my opinion.

You'll have to make your own opinion on what you read here but it looks to me like those who were not a right fit to be on the bus, quickly got off. You will notice that the company replied to most of the negative reviews left on Glassdoor. I think that speaks very highly of the company as most would simply ignore it and discredit those leaving it.

I was very pleased with the direction the company is taking and the strides they're making to continue to grow even after being in business for 20+ years.

Interview Questions

• What is something people may perceive about you that isn't true?   Answer Question

My heart wanted to take a break from sales and pursue an education role

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at gloProfessional.

Interview

Phone call, skype with recruiter which was pleasant, in-person interview with manager, I received an offer that had a very low base salary, low car allowance and was told I would have to wait 3 months for car stock. I was also put off by the manager's concern that I would give 2 week notice and fulfill my current duties. I got a negative impression of this company based on my interview.

Interview Questions

gloProfessional Response

Sep 2, 2016 – Director of HR

We appreciate your feedback. It sounds like we could have improved our communication here, as some of the info isn't accurate. Our new sales consultants get car stock their first week! We also... More

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at gloProfessional (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

6 interviews and 3 months later. Finally meet after several flights to met with regional after a long layover and several times of getting delayed. Meet was offered the job, where I was informed of salary for first time. Said I wanted to crunch numbers and sleep on it. Was told the company has been known to eliminate candidates for negotiating. I then received a kiss off email, stating they were interviewing other candidates
    Lesson I should have checked reviews on Glassdoor.com first !.

Interview Questions

gloProfessional Response

Sep 2, 2016 – Director of HR

Thanks for your comments. We certainly want to maintain a two-way conversation throughout our recruiting process and do not eliminate candidates for negotiating. Recently, we've evaluated our... More

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindenhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at gloProfessional (Lindenhurst, NY).

Interview

2 phone interviews along with face to face interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• This is not a glamorous job. What makes you qualified for this position without your outside sales experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They basically asked what was my bare minimum of a salary I could live on...

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at gloProfessional (Birmingham, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

Lengthy process. One Skype interview with Human Resources. Then I completed the application. Another phone call with Human Resources, then I had to write an essay about why I wanted to work for glo. Then I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Then I moved to an interview with the Vice President of Sales. She was very honest about the time requirements for doing this job well. And then I had a face to face interview with the Regional Manager. She did a question and answer session. Wanted to make sure that I was informed of the time that the job demanded. There was also discussion of travel. Not all of the consultants have regular over night travel. The territory I was applying for required a good amount. I then did a ride a long with her. I visited two customers with her. One of them was new, so she was doing a product knowledge demonstration to the staff. I watched and helped with little things. Talked to the clients a bit. Later, she said that she wanted to see how the customers interacted with me. Which made sense. She was basically seeing how I reacted in a business situation. It went well, and really was a great way to actually see my social skills.

Interview Questions

• What were the 3 accounts I would want in each territory and why.   Answer Question
    • Was I comfortable presenting to doctors?   1 Answer

Sep 2, 2016 – Director of HR

Thanks for your comments here! We have recently evaluated and made improvements to our recruiting process, so we hope it's less lengthy but still meaningful to candidates. We are glad you joined.... More

Outside Sales Consultlant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at gloProfessional.

Interview

The first interview was a webcam with Human Resources. She was very nice and friendly, however, didn't ask questions relating to an outside sales position. The second interview was with with a hiring manager. She was not friendly or upbeat. Seemed a bit intimated with the extreme amount of experience that I have in sales. The compensation package was very misleading. I was told something totally different during both interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions during the second interview were not related to an outside sales position. They were more related to make up application.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at gloProfessional.

Interview

Went through a series of 5 interviews. One telephone interview with recruiters, 1 via Skype with another recruiter, a face to face with regional manager, telephone interview with the VP and field ride. Through observations and questions, seems company does not support its employees with such things as training.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat a customer who denied access or said they were not interested?   Answer Question

Pay, company culture

Mar 1, 2013 – Corporate Recruiter

Practice is the only way to truly learn make up application. We teach you the basics, but when it comes to being proficient, you just have to roll up your sleeves and try.
    Our training program... More

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at gloProfessional (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was brought on by an agency. My first interview with glo was professional and courteous. I was thrilled by how the position so completely aligned with what I was looking for in my next position.
    I was interviewed by the VP of Sales and the VP of Marketing. Both were friendly, yet professional.

I had a phone interview with the agency the previous week and had to wait until Monday for the next stage. All weekend I found myself obsessed with the opportunity to create an amazing recruitment department, enjoyable interview process and work on employee retention efforts. This excited me as I believe in transparency and communication with employees and management. I wanted to be somewhere I could make a difference.

Interview Questions

• "What is your current skin care routine?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation. I had been in a temporary/ part time role as I was previously laid off and didn't have much leverage. I knew I would have to prove myself in this role.