iCrossing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iCrossing Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iCrossing (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was THE WEIRDEST interview l have ever been to.
    A month ago, l applied online for the position and l had an onsite interview with 2 people. They took me into a very small, cold room that has LOW LIGHTING. l felt like l am in an investigation room or something. They didn't even introduce themselves to me. l ASKED what their names are. The interview took an hour with them and had another with 2 other people and a math test followed after that.

Interview Questions

• Difference between SEM-SEO
      Why iCrossing
      If McDonalds was your client how would you convince them to engage in sem?
      Tell us how your previous experience had prepared you for this role
      Talk about your past campaigns.
      How is your excel skills ? What's the most advanced thing you have done on excel?
      How is your powerpoint skills ?   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iCrossing (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a brief phone screening and then was asked to come into the office for an in-person interview. The people I met with (3) seemed very disinterested in talking with me. One person kept looking at her phone. I asked what they liked about working at the company, and they all said the PTO. I'd much rather work somewhere, where the employees like being at work (or at least have the decency to say as much at an interview). It definitley wasn't the right fit for me andI did appreciate HR calling me with the week to say I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Would your rather turn in something late but perfect, or on time with mistakes?   Answer Question

Social Media Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iCrossing.

Interview

Process was fine, but ultimately uninspiring. Phone screen, followed by phone interview, followed by in-person interviews with 2 employees. Positively: the process was fairly smooth and relatively quick. They keep you informed throughout which I appreciate. Negatively: company is in midst of a transition, which always means chaos and confusion. Additionally, employees did not seem interested in or passionate about the team/company, which was a turn-off for me. Though I did not receive offer, I was disheartened after in-person experience and would have turned down role.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at iCrossing (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy but long, almost 2 hours to meet with 3 people. I was told they needed to fill the position asap; however, it took me following up via email and phone calls to HR for almost 2 months before a poorly written (copy and pasted) email was sent to me stating the team decided to go in another direction. My advice: if you're going to take longer than expected to make a decision at least keep potential candidates informed on the hiring status and responding to emails, voicemails and answer phone calls would help too.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iCrossing (New York, NY).

Interview

long phone interview and pretty quick turnaround to meet with someone in person. Ask you questions about the company and what interests you. Ask you questions about your personal experiences and how you have handled different tasks. Like to see a lot of examples of how you have handled different people.

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at iCrossing (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager
    In-person with the team

This is the worst interview process I have ever been through. Its a panel interview with 2 people interviewing you for an hour and another 2 people for another hour, half hour assignment and lastly you sit with a media manager to see what his day looks like.

The entire team is unfriendly except for one person - Joe. Other than him, no one smiles. Each of them come with 5-6 sheets of paper with set questions. The moment you start answering the question, they start scribbling on the paper - NON-STOP! No one looks at you. Its like you are interviewing with a robot who does not show any emotions. Since it is a 2 hour interview with 4 people, they will ask every thing about SEM. It is more like a school exam. You study one subject and then you have an exam where in you are asked everything that you have studied the entire year.

Interview Questions

• Assignment:
      Basic math questions, calculation of ROI, commission etc
      How much wood can a wood chuck chuck, if the wood chuck could chuck wood? (Hint: He has 2 large front teeth!)   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at iCrossing in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. First, I had a 10-minute phone screening with someone from HR. Asked basic questions such as when can you start and compensation. Then I had a schedule phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager talked about the company, the role, and then I asked questions. The HR manager was talking extremely fast and did not seem interested in the conversation.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at iCrossing (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I cried. this is how bad it was. I never thought in my life I would cry after leaving an interview. Maybe I'm sensitive but this is because two reasons. I don't want anyone to get anyone fired (I believe in good karma) but there was 1 individual who was so rude to me and he gave off a feeling like he didn't want to be here. He asked me only 3 questions and after asking him certain questions about the company like whats your least favorite part about working here he said "are you dumb? that has nothing to do with your position and if i had something i did not enjoy i would be gone". I was so flustered by this comment i started stuttering the rest of the interview. I don't know how anyone could work with this man. Another man gave me a white board question in Java and when I could solve anything he questioned me to why i applied, when i only knew Javascript and basic website development. He ended my interview and gave me a word of advice to only apply to software engineering internships if i only know Java because he doesn't think i will ever make it in this company, or in the field. He left the room to a meeting and I walked out of the office by myself. No goodbye or even to show me where the exit was. Even If i was offered this position I would hang up the phone. Don't let me forget to write I applied January of this year and barely got an interview April 5th. Waste of my time.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iCrossing (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with 4 people, including the Media Director, Account Director, VP of Media and President of Media. Approximately 30 minutes each. It was very conversational and the team pulled no punches when it came to describing the current environment and future plans given new executive leadership

Interview Questions

• How do I adapt my communication style for various types of clients?   Answer Question

Paid Search/SEM - Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iCrossing (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. I applied about mid December and did not hear anything back from the company until almost a month later. I had my interview only a couple of days ago and was not offered a position, but the managers informed me that they would be closing out the interview process in two to three weeks. The office was very laid back and the interviewers were very friendly. I talked to the main manager and two other individuals. Still have not heard back from the company, but I look forward to for a chance to work at iCrossing.

Interview Questions

• Why iCrossing?
      What makes you the best candidate?
      Tell me about yourself?