iRobot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iRobot Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iRobot in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter requesting I complete a project and submit it back. After taking the time to complete the project, I was told I would receive feedback within 24 hours. After not hearing back, I attempted to contact the recruiter multiple times in the following weeks, with no further response. Eventually, after a month, the recruiter replied that other candidates were chosen to move further, but still offered no feedback on the project as promised. I highly recommend that potential candidates do not take time to work on a project for a recruiter at this company.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at iRobot (New York, NY).

Interview

The process started with an HR phone screen, followed by a technical phone screen with the hiring manager.

This was followed by an on-site interview where I met with various members of the team for a series of 1x1 interview. Lengthy four and half hour interview with four different managers... Forty five minutes with each manager. Interviewers were friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• typical questions regarding how you can help them improve their internal processes   Answer Question

Cloud Robotics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at iRobot (Bedford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was emailed directly by a recruiter (which was a surprised) to apply for the position on their online website if i thought i would be a great fit. I thought i did and ive had plenty of cloud experience. I was quickly presented with a lengthy questionnaire which started with proof of my bachelors and masters degree with transcripts which felt pitiful at best, nonetheless i oblige and provided copies that luckily i had around and answered numerous questions that seem poorly organized and designed. A day after i got a rejection email stating they are looking for candidates that better fit their needs.

Senior Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at iRobot (Bedford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application through iRobot's website. Five days later, I received an email with a lengthy questionnaire. It took me a few days to email my response. I did not hear back from them, and moved on to other opportunities. Five weeks after I sent them the questionnaire, I received an email effectively saying I did not adequately meet the needs of this role. I appreciate the closure but had not expected anything to materialize after 2 weeks without a response, let alone 5. They should try to improve their response time.
    Though this role did not work out, the very detailed questionnaire helped prepare me for other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever prepared program core documents for monthly and quarterly financial management decision-making, including for senior management?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever assisted program managers bring consumer hardware similar to robots, cell phones, speakers or such hardware to the market?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever developed and deployed program efficiency metrics?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer (Test) Interview

Interview

The process started with an HR phone screen, followed by a technical phone screen with the hiring manager and a second one with an engineer from the group.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse a string
      Write a function to search a binary search tree
      Answer Question

Robotics and Vision Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iRobot (Pasadena, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a questionnaire after several days. Those are large numbers of questions from background investigation to technical related questions. I received a rejection email two days after I send out the answers.

Interview Questions

• How strong is your experience with object recognition, structure from motion, 3D reconstruction, ego-motion estimation, feature extraction and matching face recognition?   Answer Question

Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iRobot (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a mail to ask lots of questions in a questionnaire.
    The HR think i matches well the position, but i do like to proceed my career as a people manager in the near future. So we agreed to keep in touch if there are any new openings.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iRobot in July 2016.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter, followed by email communication with HRs from the company. As a result a telephone interview with the HR was scheduled and went really well, then I have a very promising interview with the hiring manager which also went really well. Then a technical screening telephone interview was conducted. I was asked a lot of general questions related to OOP, embedded design and some specific questions related to the application area of robotics. I answered almost all of the questions and had an interesting discussion with the interviewer about the company and its teams.
    Next week I received a decline. I got back to the HR asking for a feed back. I received a valuable and detailed feedback on why I was rejected 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Terms and major principles of the objective oriented programming.   Answer Question
    • Synchronization approaches and major problems of concurrency programming.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iRobot (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university. First there was a brief 30 minute phone interview followed by an in-depth hour plus interview with three other managers. There is also an online application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time which you were challenged.
      General Resume Questions
      Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Robotics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iRobot in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website (long application though) and got back within few days. They sent me a huge questionnaire (24 questions to be exact) asking me to explain in detail my experience in different technical domains. The worst part is few questions were repetitive which was little unprofessional. Then they got back to me within few days asking for a clarification on one of the answers and even before I reply to that I get a rejection mail within few hours. Worst application process I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• The questionnaire included questions like, Explain in detail how you have verified and validated complex hardware, software systems ?   Answer Question