iRobot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iRobot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

PM Interview

Interview

I was contacted by someone from the company who said they were really interested in bringing me on board. We set up a phone interview, which the HR rep missed, and then set up a second one which was also missed. Incredibly rude and disrespectful. I gave up after that because I'm not wasting my time on a company who thinks it's okay to treat candidates in such a manner.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iRobot.

Interview

Very long pretty much almost a day. Went extremely well. Never ever heard back, had to ping them about 3 times to be told the job was filled. Seemed like they would not have emailed or called to let me know the job was filled. I had to be bold and continue to follow up. If a job is filled, it is common courtesy to let the other candidates know.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at iRobot (Bedford, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The company set up back to back interviews with a total of 12 people from 8:45am to 5:00pm. The day included me giving a 1-hour presentation on my work as well as completing a couple mini on-site design challenges. Most everyone was kind an enjoyable to speak with. My experience was positive until I spoke with the recruiter. He came across as a manipulative bully. Watch out.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I thought the Roomba was built like it is today. I physically dissected the robot and talked through why I thought they designed each piece the way they did.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iRobot (Bedford, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Received and email a few days later inviting me to an onsite interview. Half day interview onsite, included a tour of the facility and several in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain an algorithm for determining the shortest path through a room with the start, end, and several obstacle positions know.   Answer Question

Senior Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iRobot (Bedford, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The overall process was fairly standard. I applied online through the career site and heard back from a recruiter fairly quickly for a phone screener. There was an online questionnaire and the on-site interviews were scheduled within a few weeks of my initial application. The interviews included the program team and a few cross functional peers.

Overall the process was very quick and the recruiter was very responsive and informative. Everyone on the team was very friendly and frank about what the goals were for the role. They all had very positive things to say about the company. Of course you would expect that in an interview, but now that I have started I have also found that to be the case of majority of the people who work here. Compared to other consumer electronics tech companies I have worked for, morale is exceptionally high.

I interviewed on a Friday and had an offer the following Tuesday which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Most questions revolved around my experience in various program situations in the past. They were most interested in concrete improvements I made to those programs.   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iRobot (Bedford, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied thru the website, in a couple of days the recruiter contacted me and set up and interview the following week. The interview was actually a series of interviews with several people, it lasted most of the day, also got a brief tour of the facility and changed conference rooms a couple of times.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were general, seems they were mostly looking for personality. I got the impression that there were too many chiefs and not enough Indians, the org seems top heavy. I was offered the position the next day but declined as I felt the salary was light and they would not budge on an extra week of vaca.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at iRobot (Bedford, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The HR representative contacted me and asked me if I could come to the HQ for several interviews. Nine people interviewed me that day. Even there was a interview during lunch. It was a long day.

Software/Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iRobot (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

contacted by HR, told she will schedule an interview and later didn't heard back anything from her. Doesn't even respond to mails. It was mentioned it will be a direct onsite interview with the team members

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iRobot in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter requesting I complete a project and submit it back. After taking the time to complete the project, I was told I would receive feedback within 24 hours. After not hearing back, I attempted to contact the recruiter multiple times in the following weeks, with no further response. Eventually, after a month, the recruiter replied that other candidates were chosen to move further, but still offered no feedback on the project as promised. I highly recommend that potential candidates do not take time to work on a project for a recruiter at this company.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at iRobot (New York, NY).

Interview

The process started with an HR phone screen, followed by a technical phone screen with the hiring manager.

This was followed by an on-site interview where I met with various members of the team for a series of 1x1 interview. Lengthy four and half hour interview with four different managers... Forty five minutes with each manager. Interviewers were friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• typical questions regarding how you can help them improve their internal processes   Answer Question