iStrategyLabs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

A conversational interview about background and experience with the VP of Engineering. Discussed the team organization and how work is divided, clients, and making deadlines. The software team primarily uses Python and Django. Salary expectations were also discussed. Was told they would let me know about next steps within a week. Despite follow-up emails, never heard from them a month later.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent an email to one of the company's employees (that I found on the website) and then came to an interview face to face. I was interviewed by two females and they were very nice and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself... your experience... walk us through...   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. The interview was on the phone and lasted about 30 minutes. Sent a followup email and never heard back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs in March 2014.

Interview

Really not an interview/no meat - just ask them questions about themselves. Nobody even pays attention to your experience or abilities. Just ask lots of things and be prepared to tell maybe one story or explain how you know how to use google sheets.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me?   1 Answer

Creative Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online for a Creative Strategist position. Within a couple days the CEO reached out via email and asked I arrange a phone interview with Director of Strategy. From there I had a phone interview where I discussed my background, the company, the position and was able to ask plenty of questions. During the interview she asked me to consider if the position was something I would be interested in and to let her know if I would like to move onto a second interview. I emailed her later that day to say it sounded great and I would be happy to continue the process. A week later I followed up again.

I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most creative social campaign you've worked on.   Answer Question

Digital Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs (Washington, DC).

Interview

A friend (we'll call him A) sent in my resume on my behalf to someone at the company (we'll call him B). A couple weeks later A got an email asking him for a phone interview. Eventually I was able to set up my interview, but I found out when I got on the phone it was for a completely different position than the one I applied for. The interviewer seemed distracted, as well.

Junior Creative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs (Washington, DC).

Interview

The application itself was so vague and didn't ask to attach a resume. About a week later, I was contacted by the CEO to come on-site to chat. He mentioned their Director of Strategy would also be attending. When I came on-site, the Director of Strategy was not there.

The CEO asked vague questions not relating to the job or that could have been answered from looking at my resume. It was a very disjointed interview process. When talking further with him about the role, it became apparent they only look for people who are former designers or developers who have moved into the digital space. If you don't fit that exact mold, you more than likely won't get the job.

They spend no time teaching their people and the expectation is that new employees need to hit the ground running. Overall, a waste of time to interview. If given the option, take a Skype interview vs. an on-site.

Junior Creative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview started with a brief phone interview gauging what you're looking for and explaining the role further. The second interview is in-person with team members from the account you'll be working with.

Strategy Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I made a visit to their new office in D.C., north of downtown, to meet with one of their Senior Strategists and an Associate Strategist.
    The interview itself was straightforward and comprehensible. Nothing out of the ordinary, primarily behavioral assessment. The whole thing lasted 45 minutes.
    Following our conversation, the interviewer sent me off, saying that I needed to complete a "test," essentially a market and media analysis report. I returned it to them, but did not receive feedback or response until I followed up several weeks later. They responded to this email saying that they had filled the position.

Some more transparency throughout the process would have been polite, as I made the trip out there to meet them and see the office in person. iSL is a cool company--young, casual, hip. But I think some of that culture comes at the expense of structure or something as simple as a prompt response.

Analytics Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iStrategyLabs (Washington, DC).

Interview

After three rounds of interviews (which I really enjoyed) I didn't hear back from ISL. I understand not reaching out after one interview but I had met with 6 different people on the team and traveled to the office 3 times. At least reach out to your candidates, even if you decide to put hiring on hold or go a different route.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.
      Use three words to describe yourself.
      Questions regarding the analytics shared with clients.   Answer Question