I have been working at Intelliware Systems full-time (More than 3 years)
- Corporate leadership is extremely accessible - only an email/phone call away if you don't work at the home office. The CEO and COO know everyone by name and are extremely personable.
- Excellent benefits & compensation, as well as home office staff. Any time I call or email the home office (HR, Finance) with a question, they respond immediately with detailed information. There are never any bumps in the road.
- Company growth is stable, and the company is really great at making sure that corporate functions are scalable and can accommodate the rate of growth.
- There is lots of opportunity for company growth. Most of the work is in the same government sector but the skillsets are easily translatable to other sectors -- and the company has a great reputation with the clients that they have worked with for several years.
- Outstanding culture -- you are always treated as part of the family rather than a billable position. The home office plans (and encourages accounts to plan) fun and seasonally appropriate activities outside of work that are generously inclusive of families and significant others. Also, they demonstrably place a high value charitable giving and employee wellness.
- Since the company is steadily growing, employees have to be prepared for a certain amount of change every year, i.e. in benefits plans and technology tools.
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intelliware Systems in July 2015.
Recruiter reached out via email to schedule a phone screening. It was a typical phone screen just getting basic qualifications. The next step was a face to face interview with the recruiting team. It was a very short interview, maybe 20 minutes. Leaving I felt as though they already had a candidate of choice and was just going through the motions to check the box.