3Q Digital Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2020

3.6
3Q Digital CEO David Rodnitzky (no image)
David Rodnitzky
Pros
  • "A True Meritocracy plus amazing people, love the culture, unlimited pto, work from anywhere and no BS attitude(in 29 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and ability to work from home(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is disgusting(in 14 reviews)

• "As said before, some teams experience long hours, but that is to be expected at certain times(in 11 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"A forward thinking company that cares"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Denver, CO

I have been working at 3Q Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Support comes from the top down. Leadership cares about employee career growth, mental wellbeing and creating a welcoming work environment. So you will feel the same from your managers. All employees are given a roadmap for how to progress and are allowed to do so in the ways that would be most fulfilling for them. There's a dedicated training team. Benefits pre-covid were insanely good (401k match, good insurance plans, student loan paydown) and even after covid budget cuts... are still better than what most companies offer. 3Q walks the walk-in every sense, values their employees, promotes open and honest communication meaning you will hear from leadership when things are wrong, no one is out of the loop. They provide opportunities to give back to the community by sponsoring 3Q3% where employees can take time off to volunteer individually or with their co-workers. You would be hard-pressed to find a company this consistent and this caring about their employee experience.

Cons

I have not personally experienced this but as in any agency your experience will depend heavily on the team you are placed in. Some teams handle more clients, some less, some clients will be more demanding than others, some managers will be better than others, etc. However, despite these factors, 3Q is one of the few agencies I've seen be actually effective at managing client expectations. They will put the reigns on clients that are causing teams stress. They will back you and in the agency world that is rare. Managers are trained, and if you are having a bad experience they'd want you to voice that.

Continue reading
  2. "Be careful of where your money goes!!"

I worked at 3Q Digital full-time

Pros

Perks: Unlimited PTO, flexible work from home, and kitchen goodies

Cons

Parking & Commuter benefits will NOT be given back to you if you do not use your funds before you leave the company!! IT WILL GO BACK TO 3Q!!

March 6, 2020Chief People Officer

I understand your frustration. The IRS has made it clear that pre-tax transportation benefits may only be provided to current employees, and once an employee leaves a company, any unused funds are forfeited. For this reason, we periodically remind employees to spend down high balances. In addition, when an employee provides notice that they will be leaving 3Q, we provide them with a benefits termination letter that clearly states: "If you participate in a Parking and/or Transit FSA, your debit card will be deactivated on the date your employment terminates. There is no option to continue your coverage under COBRA. You will have 90 days after date of termination to submit claims for parking expenses incurred before your date of termination. For transit, your remaining funds will be forfeited and you will not be able to submit any claims after termination. Please use all remaining transit funds before your last day at 3Q." As most employees provide 2-3 weeks notice, this gives ample time to use up remaining funds so no loss is incurred. That being said, I am very sorry that you were not able to do so and will make sure we reiterate this point to departing employees going forward.

3. "A company for grown ups!"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3Q Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

With ongoing flexibility, 3Q is an amazing place to work! It allows its employees to work from home and has an unlimited PTO policy. While you are in the office, however, you need to be conscious of the food intake, because there is more food available than a convenience store. Overall, I couldn't be happier to work for a company that trusts and takes care of its own.

Cons

Ongoing vision and leadership communication.

March 6, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for the kind (and funny) feedback! We give our employees a lot of flexibility because we hire people we trust to do what's best for themselves, their teams, and their clients. We will continue to demonstrate that trust through more frequent communication from the leadership team as well!

4. "A great company to work for in America's Finest City"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in San Diego, CA

Pros

Cons

Slower to hire means some great candidates don't arrive soon enough but also means more A players on teams over the long term

March 6, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback! Your advice is spot on and something we will always strive to do.

5. "One of the best agency environments"

Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at 3Q Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's a reason why 3Q has so many "boomerang" employees and was just ranked as the #3 agency to work for in the country by AdAge. If you put the work in and show your value, there is opportunity for you. This is an exciting time to be at 3Q, we've made some promising executive hires that will make our operations stronger in the new year, and the leadership team has made a major effort to align all departments to parallel sets of goals that will allow us to work together more smoothly, and move our pricing where it should be. I'm also excited to revisit our goals and values this year and redefine why it's great to work at 3Q.

Cons

This is not the job for someone who wants to come to work 9-5 every day or just do what's been assigned to them, but that's true of most agencies. Even so, I've found it's doable to set boundaries and use flexible hours, WFH & unlimited PTO to avoid being over-stressed and have time away from work, but this can be a challenge for a lot of people and something you need time to master.

January 30, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for the feedback and for pointing out some of the great initiatives in the works with our recent leadership team additions. As we discussed at the Leadership Summit, one of our big focuses going forward is better corporate communications and ensuring we're providing more frequent updates to the org and our senior leaders as we continue to grow. I'm glad that you've been able to use the flexible benefits (WFH, unlimited PTO, flex hours) to create the right balance because agency life is demanding - and that's exactly why we provide these benefits!

6. "Jump start to your career"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at 3Q Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Exposure to amazing big-named clients and smart partners - Great place to start your career in digital marketing -- yes, you'll work a lot, but you're also learning what you would learn 2-3 years in 1. - Steady growth and fair reward for your work and progress - Strong thought leadership - 401k - Free Lunches - Student loan repayment - Fun, smart, engaging team members with strong work ethic - Friends to last a lifetime!

Cons

- You do work a lot, but you are rewarded, and you learn a ton.

January 30, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad we were able to help you jump start your career in digital marketing and hope that you are having great success in your new role! You bring up a really important point about standardization, and it's the reason we're investing in the Growth Sciences team in 2020 - to ensure all of our teams are getting access to the great knowledge and experience of their peers and that we continue to develop best practices to drive growth for our clients. Again, thank you for the feedback.

7. "Awesome Place to Grow Your Career"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at 3Q Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working at 3Q! The team I worked with was very supportive and team-oriented. If one person on the team had extra time, they would always offer to lend a hand on other projects. There were frequent opportunities for promotions and raises. I experienced a very fast career trajectory while at 3Q. I started out as an Account Manager and was promoted to Senior Account manager within 11 months and then Team Lead in another 10 months. It was normal to be promoted every year if you were a strong performer. I really appreciated that there was clear documentation and expectations about skills needed to get to the next level. My manager frequently looked for opportunities for me too. I think most of the managers at 3Q are pretty great. I really appreciated my manager because he pushed me to the next level. He gave me my first direct report within my first 6 months at the company and built out my team to 6 people over the next year and a half. It was a great experience for me to manage. There is also great training, particularly for entry-level roles. You get a lot of 1:1 time with the training team, which is unlike anywhere I've ever worked before/ since!

Cons

It's not a huge name brand on your resume. People outside of the marketing world might not recognize 3Q.

January 30, 2020Chief People Officer

I’m thrilled you had such a positive experience at 3Q and that you benefited from such an amazing manager and team! There will always be opportunities for strong performers to grow and develop new skills here, and I'm happy that you were given the opportunity to take on so much new responsibility here. I hope you continue to thrive in your new role!

"Learning opportunity isn't worth the stress and dirt pay"

Former Employee - Account Lead in San Francisco, CA

I worked at 3Q Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Learned a ton - A lot of responsibility early on - Work from home (even though it's a trap to get you to work at all hours of the day) - Fast growth (if you work hard, you will be promoted)

Cons

- Work-life balance is disgusting - Unlimited PTO is non-existent: You will have too much work to ever take time off and if you do take time off, you will be working on your vacation - Little to no training for new managers - Horrible clients - With the new investors and leadership, the executive team doesn't care about its people anymore. You are disposable and managers have no interest in making you happy. - Hiring process: Management doesn't know how to hire intelligent and capable people

January 30, 2020Chief People Officer

We appreciate your feedback. The organization has undergone a lot of change in recent months, and we rely on thoughts like yours to help us identify opportunities to improve 3Q. We understand that agency life is demanding, and we always push for skills development to ensure that our services are the best in the industry. We also understand that work-life balance can be challenging in an agency setting, and we believe our investments in automation, hiring more production support, and breaking out smaller tracks will do a lot to alleviate the burden on our more senior teammates. This will also give managers more time to focus on team and people development, which is critical to our success! As the person who created our work from home and Unlimited PTO policies, I can assure you that they were designed with one goal in mind: to allow employees the flexibility to fit work around life, such as saving time on commuting, spending more time with their children or pets, doing laundry or yoga during the day, taking mental health days, etc. However, we understand that not everyone feels comfortable using them for these purposes, and we are continuing to look for opportunities to educate people on strategies to maintain a healthy workday approach.

9. "great culture, great benefits"

Current Employee - 3Q IS A Great Employer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3Q Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

leadership team that cares, managers provide autonomy to employees so we can learn and grow, great benefits and perks

Cons

agency life is demanding, fast-paced. but that is true of all agencies.

January 30, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, and it's great to hear (read) that you enjoy the culture, benefits, and growth opportunities here! We always welcome feedback, so if you have ideas on how we can continue to improve, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or anyone on the People or Leadership teams.

"Good company being brought down by inexperienced managers"

Current Employee - Current Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 3Q Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team members are helpful and supportive.

Cons

Completely unqualified managers in most teams. They have no relevant work experience and education resulting in significant time wastage on projects. It is a short sighted vision to keep such managers around and be at risk of losing numerous employees.

March 6, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Managers are absolutely fundamental to the growth and happiness of our team members, and we are committed to training and developing our managers to do just that. If a manager is not living up to our promises to employees, we want to know about it. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me or anyone on my team to discuss.

Found 122 reviews