3Q Digital Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.1
3Q Digital CEO David Rodnitzky (no image)
David Rodnitzky
Pros
  • "A True Meritocracy plus amazing people, love the culture, unlimited pto, work from anywhere and no BS attitude(in 31 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and ability to work from home(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is stressed, but is entirely on each employee to maintain(in 15 reviews)

• "As said before, some teams experience long hours, but that is to be expected at certain times(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to grow, develop, and work!

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

3Q is a great place to work. You can learn new skills, advance your career, and work with fun people. The company is serious about DE&I, work-life balance, and the executives care about the workforce.

Cons

No major cons right now.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for your kind review! We will continue to work hard to bring DEIB to the forefront, and create new opportunities for our team to develop new skills and grow their careers. And thank you for acknowledging the leadership team's care for 3Qers - we all #actforthegreatergood and care about each and every 3Qer.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you're reading this, you deserve better.

May 6, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn, innovative and driven coworkers

Cons

Pay is embarrassingly poor, promotions are scarce/inconsistent, favoritism runs rampant, upper level management is out of touch with employee needs and continually makes excuses for employee concerns instead of making changes to address them, culture is cult-like and cliquey at best, work/life balance is poor, employees who are bullies but make the company money are protected/prioritized, self-promotion/sucking up is rewarded over humility and hard work, recognition and opportunities are highly dependent on who your manager is and what department you work in

4 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for the time you spent at 3Q Digital. We’re proud of our track record of promotions from within (about 5% of the org received promotions last month alone, and about 50% of the company was promoted in 2020!), as well as our spot bonus and core values bonus programs that recognize 3Qers doing outstanding work and living our core values. However, we are always looking for ways to improve, and we take constructive feedback seriously. Several times per year we have an employee voice survey (EVS) to find out, directly from employees, how we can improve. The survey results have driven new programs, benefits, training, and other initiatives based on what team members are asking for. And finally, we have very clear anti-harassment policies and our management training includes an emphasis on coaching, empathy, and psychological safety. If an employee is ever uncomfortable with a manager, they should raise it in skip level meetings or come straight to my team.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to grow your career

Mar 15, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- endless learning opportunities - meritocracy, do good work, take on more responsibilities, climb the ladder - company puts in work to communicate w its employees and make sure employees are happy - good work life balance as long as you stay in touch and communicate w your manager, they make sure you have a healthy workload

Cons

- covid is making it harder to maintain culture given we are WFH - but 3Q is trying with various snack surprises and virtual events.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for leaving feedback and recognizing the continuous opportunities for growth and development at 3Q. We consistently build out new development opportunities with our internal training team, and we're currently focusing more heavily on our growth model and our commitment to DEIB. Open communication with your manager is so important, as you say, to ensure a healthy workload, including time to participate in training, virtual events (hopefully in person in the future), and community service.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

Feb 11, 2021 - Account Coordinator in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Have the opportunity to work on major clients in the technology space and given a great amount of training beforehand - Awesome collaborative culture where everyone is willing to help you and listen. I can really tell that they're trying very hard to make the WFH situation a lot smoother for new hires. - Surrounded by the brightest people - Great perks: unlimited PTO, cool reimbursement options, free lunches, fun company-paid happy hours I started a few weeks ago and I can't say enough good things about 3Q. Everyone has been so welcoming and supportive so far. I already feel comfortable within my team and I'm excited to be working on a few major clients.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, and Welcome to 3Q! As you continue to settle in, don't hesitate to reach out to me or anyone on the People team if you have questions.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Learn & Grow

Dec 14, 2020 - Digital Marketing Specialist in Charlottesville, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will have the ability to work with some of the kindest and brightest folks in the industry. Employees at 3Q are encouraged to learn from each other, ask questions, and collaborate across offices to keep their clients ahead of the curve and deliver top-notch work. Opportunities for career growth through promotions and making departmental moves are fully supported by managers, who regularly check-in to ensure order your career trajectory aligns with your goals. Pay is fair and is supplemented by generous "perks," such as unlimited PTO, a flexible work from home policy, cell phone bill and fitness reimbursements, and pet insurance, among others.

Cons

Work-life balance is stressed, but is entirely on each employee to maintain. This can be a challenging for some, as projects, ad hoc client requests, and everyday account maintenance can snowball, leading to long hours and often burnout. This is true of most agency work and not necessarily unique to 3Q, however, it would be great to see upper-level management and leadership work on some strategies to address this issue more openly and directly.

Chief People Officer

This is wonderful feedback - thank you! It makes me so happy to read your kind words on 3Qers - I 100% agree we have the kindest and brightest folks around. :) Work-life balance is definitely a challenge in this industry and something we must always be mindful of - while we provide our teams with many tools to find balance, we must always be thinking of what else we can do to support 3Qers. We are always open to feedback!

6. 4.0

Enjoy Work

May 1, 2021 - Account Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers and the team is great with really cool clients

Cons

General agency life with long hours with last minute request from clients

Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that working with awesome 3Qers and cool clients is a bonus at 3Q Digital. Agency life is very unique - we all act for the greater good and do what it takes to serve our clients as true growth partners, which can mean handling last minute requests. Please maintain open dialogue with your manager about your bandwidth; although agency life is demanding, we want everyone to have healthy work-life integration!

7. 3.0

Great for an agency

Apr 28, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people, Interesting clients, good benefits, lots of flexibility

Cons

Hard to grow in your career because the agency needs people to stay in certain spots. Pay is average, no bonuses.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback, and for calling out our great team members, benefits, and flexibility! We’re proud of our track record of promotions from within (about 5% of the org received promotions last month alone!) and our spot bonus and core values bonus programs. However, we are always looking for ways to improve, and we take constructive feedback seriously. Our next EVS survey is coming out soon, so I hope you'll share more thoughts there. I'm also happy to chat any time!

8. 4.0

Enjoy work

May 1, 2021 - Account Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun coworkers, but definitely an agency life

Cons

Long hours with clients that could have difficult tasks at the last minute

Chief People Officer

Agency life can definitely be demanding, but we #acceptnolimits at 3Q Digital and are fortunate to have amazing, collaborative peers to share the journey. Thank you for your review and delivering excellent service to our clients!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to start your career

Feb 15, 2021 - Digital Marketing Specialist in Charlottesville, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- 3Q offers an extensive training program. As long as you're interested in marketing, you will be taught all the technical details you'll need for the job. - Overall, you are going to be ramped up pretty quickly. This is great if you're eager to move along the pathway and learn quickly. It can be stressful for some. - 3Q has great company culture. I love the people I've worked with, and some of my best memories in my mid 20s have been from perk events and happy hours with the cool and kind people who work here. - You will work with some bright minds, I'm constantly surrounded by actual geniuses and it's great.

Cons

- Pay is a little lower than other agencies. If you have a ton of experience already, you might be disappointed in the pay when you receive your offer. It will be below market. Always negotiate. - It's an agency - you should know what you're getting yourself into, but if not, it's a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment. Again, that is because it's an ad agency. - Work life balance will be lost after year one. After that, you will notice some late nights, etc. But that's part of the business. If you want to avoid that, look at in-house marketing. - 3Q lacks some standardized operating procedures needed in production. You will feel like you're re-inventing the wheel for the thousandths time for the agency, and that's because it's true. You are. 3Q lacks standardized practices across the agency. - Flexible PTO is less flexible that you might think.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave such thorough feedback and for recognizing the amazing people of 3Q! The great thing about 3Q is that, despite our continued growth (not quite 500… but we’ll get there someday), we act for the greater good, which means that people are happy to help answer questions or find answers to help their fellow 3Qers. On the issue of pay equity, we perform analyses at a minimum of once per year to ensure we are aligned with what the market calls for and to ensure equity across all dimensions of diversity. And I couldn’t agree more about the need for standardization of processes; it’s a journey, and one of the reasons we have our Growth Sciences and L&D teams - we are always looking for ways to work smarter, not harder.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Company Packed w/ Kind, Passionate, and Intelligent People

Feb 19, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people here truly make 3Q great. Hands down the best part of working here. - Rapid career progression if you work for it and land in the right client teams. (This is also a con, if you land in a less desirable client team.) - Genuinely exciting work and impressive client portfolio. - Amazing training and development program. - In the past year, the company has made DE&I on the front burner.

Cons

- Your experience at 3Q will range from 1/5 to 4.75/5 depending on what client account(s) you work on. - Hours can be long, but again, depends on your client and how well senior management handles client expectations and relationships. - Not from personal experience, but I've heard *recent* horror stories of senior managers who are incapable of leading and being advocates for their team members.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback, and for recognizing how amazing the people of 3Q are - I couldn't agree more! It's true that a 3Qer's experience may vary depending on which client(s) they're on, since each client is unique. However, to your point, it's incumbent upon our senior managers to set the right expectations and advocate for their teams as we want everyone to have a positive experience, regardless of which client they are on. If that's not happening, it's something we'd like to know about, so we can work with the manager and team to find the right balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 Reviews