ABC Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
John Doremie

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"This isn't just a job, it's a career!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at ABC Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been apart of the ABC Energy for more than 2 years and honestly, it is one the best decision I have made in my adult years.
    -When they see leadership qualities in you they begin to help groom you to be the best leader you can be.
    -The salary is a plus!! Many sales jobs do not offer salary plus commission
    -The family atmosphere makes the time go by, many times businesses are a clock in clock out type of position & while you are at work you may get EXTREMELY bored because you don't know the person who sits across from you. Not at ABC Energy, the family vibes get you through the day.
    -Management works extremely hard to help you exceed your goals and in order to be a great salesperson or person, in general, you will need people who are invested in your growth and are WILLING to help you be the best you, you can be!
    -Paid vacations
    -Weekly and yearly spot CASH bonuses
    - The general sales manager is AWESOME, the CEO & CFO are FANTASTIC trainers who are invested in each and every employee, Other management and HR are equally as invested in each employee in making you feel as if you matter!

Cons

-More paid days off would be awesome or being able to start your workday at 9 am would be a plus :)
    Either or would be great

Advice to Management

KEEP GROWING AND BEING AWESOME

"Better Every year"

I have been working at ABC Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ABC has room for growth . It is a high energy office where the harder you work the more you make. Base salaries are provided to all employees, and a generous commissions structure is in place . There is plenty of training available from the tenured employees if you are willing to ask for it and schedule a time for it.All promotions are done from within the ranks.There is an open atmosphere that we strive to keep positive. Bonuses for doing well, contests and perks are constantly being presented by management to boost productivity and reward the staff. There are team happy hours, a summer weekend in Atlantic city and holiday celebrations as well as on the spot cash bonuses and an end of year holiday challenge that has led to several employees over the years walking out with a new TV, tablet or the big cash prize. The company pays into your health insurance and has recently partnered with AFLAC so employees can choose to add Life insurance Policies, Accident and Short Term disability policies and more. They also cover parking or travel for the employees and there are paid days off provided for salaried employees. The office is spread across two floors, each office space has their own kitchen, coffee maker, water cooler fright and toaster/ microwave. There are tvs on each floor and couches/ lounge areas for each floor.

Cons

The family atmosphere is not for everyone- everyone tends to become close knit especially on their specific teams, so anyone who is not a team player probably would not enjoy that. The hours can be long as most salaried employees are expected to work until they meet their daily goal or finish their urgent responsibilities. Its a work hard play hard atmosphere, and definitely not the kind of Job where you come in to clock in and out while you play solitaire on your phone. Some more benefits would be cool but the company seems to already be moving in the direction of rounding that out. As an employee for over 4 years, I have witnessed the "worst turner over" mentioned in other posts is largely to do with under qualified or immature candidates not willing or ready to put in the work. Sometimes I have seen management go above and beyond to try and polish a diamond in the rough candidate only to have it be tossed in their faces. management is not perfect- they have their own things going on because they do also happen to run the company and a lot goes in to the back end of this business that is unseen to the general employee. Attempts are made to make managers available for training and support, but do to recent growth in numbers has been shifted to a "by appointment only" deal. Work life balance can be hard to manage but its possible if you communicate and plan

Advice to Management

Some Perks that might help us draw in the kind of team members we need/ Keep the ones we have even happier:
    Expanding on the time off /Holiday time provided
    Summer Fridays...
    Bringing in an outside trainer quarterly for a fresh voice/ Having top performers qualify to go to a seminar on the office behalf to present to the staff whet they learned.
    Expand the benefits provided

Oct 10, 2017 – Owner

Thank you for your feedback. Summer Fridays have been brought up but unfortunately sine we are in a commodities market this is not something we can accommodate for everyone and therefore do not feel... More

"Amazing , Interesting, Not your average Work Place :)"

I have been working at ABC Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Never a Dull moment
    Energetic Staff
    Plenty of Room for growth
    Fun & exciting team building activities and challenges often
    Creative & encouraging upper management
    BEST support staff hands down
    Office is well kept, bright and welcoming.

Cons

Office opens at 8am
    Office closes at 6:30 PM

Advice to Management

Bring snacks & juices back ! :)

Sep 25, 2017 – Owner

Thank you so much for the feedback! We do have an amazing support staff! :)

"Best job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Sales in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in White Plains, NY

I have been working at ABC Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay (I'm over 100K!)
    Medical Benefits.
    Promotes from within.
    Generous spot bonus/ yearly bonuses.
    Company vacations!
    Team Nights (paid food/drinks for staff)
    Paid Parking.
    Management that cares about your growth and wants you to succeed!
    The training provided will help you to develop confidence in sales.

Cons

There is no ABC Energy softball team yet!

Advice to Management

Support staff should get customer service training so they can make some money too :)

Sep 25, 2017 – Owner

We will definitely look into a softball team!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in White Plains, NY

I have been working at ABC Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid well
    Lots of training
    Good environment
    Family atmosphere

I like working here because I am in control of my own paycheck. I know if I do well I can easily make 6 figures if not this year then next. It is hard sometimes to close but there are a lot of tool available to make it easier if you ask for the help.

Cons

Long hours 8:30-6:30 most days, sometimes we can leave at 5:00/5:30 if there is an event or we exceed daily/weekly requirements.

Sep 25, 2017 – Owner

We appreciate your feedback, and are happy you are enjoying your time with us!

"Over all good learning opportunity"

I worked at ABC Energy full-time

Pros

Getting to make new friends, getting great learning tools to help better you learning abilities, some of the managers you get to work with are very friendly and patient, free parking, Weekends off, every once in a while we get to have a team night to let loose.

Cons

Hours are pretty long 8:30-6:30
    (Monday-Friday)
    No extra pay for working holidays

Oct 10, 2017 – Owner

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to see people are learning and growing with us. Please note all hourly employees are paid overtime (time and a half) in the event that they work more than... More

7. "Be Careful With This Place"

Pros

Great Location in Whiteplains.
    I keep on trying to press submit and it wont let me unless I type more words. There are no PROS

Cons

No Growth
    Bad Management
    Condescending CFO and CEO
    Employees are heavily micromanaged
    Favoritism towards specific employees
    No Work Life Balance
    Forced Team Nights so the owners can show off

Advice to Management

Get real Management Training done.
    Stop having the same 2-3 people posting positive reviews for your ratings. If you really believe what your doing is right, you shouldnt spend so much time on Glassdoor.

Oct 10, 2017 – Owner

I am proud to announce that our CFO just won The Westchester County CFO of the year award for 2017. Team nights are mandatory for salaried sales personnel as it is a bonding opportunity for the team... More

"5 Stars"

I have been working at ABC Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you do well you can make commissions on appointments.
    They let you work more hours if you need more money.
    Alexis and Tiffany and all he people here really do take the time to help you out and they really do care about you doing well.

Cons

I can't think of one.

"Awesome"

Pros

Abc Energy is a awesome place to be.
    The family environment makes you feel at home.
    I've been here for less than a year and I can't imagine working any where else.
    Just like any work place it has its stresses but nothing that can not be maintained.
    This is a great place for growth ( Career wise and Personally)

Cons

I don't feel as if there are any cons!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work guys

Sep 18, 2017 – Owner

I am so happy to hear this! Thank you so much!

"developer"

Pros

good for growth in company

Cons

good management overall in the company