ACE Rent-to-Own Reviews | Glassdoor

Lyn Leach

1. "incentives"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Atlantic, IA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Atlantic, IA

I have been working at ACE Rent-to-Own full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with customers out side of the store.

Cons

not enough pay for what I do.

Advice to Management

driver incentives

2. "H R Business Partner"

Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Columbus, OH

I worked at ACE Rent-to-Own full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the Public. Great Customer Service Training. Commissions and incentives were great! Helpful Managers. Training was really intense for the first 3 months

Cons

A lot of office politics. Managers often played favoritism to the associates that that were bringing in more commissions. Company tends to hire more males than females

Advice to Management

Develop a buddy system where the more successful associates train the less successful ones; at least for the first 3 months

3. "Run away from burnout"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at ACE Rent-to-Own full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discounts on merchandise. Yearly parties. Raises. 'Free insurance'. Learned how to communicate with hostile folks.

Cons

Raises and base pay eventually end. Work M-S and burn out quickly. Used to take people's day off as a horrible incentive. Possibly need a dictionary to find out what this really is. Go into the depths of a crappy area and attempt to collect. Company not family oriented for women. Fired a person for picking up her children on her time during the work day. A decent career if you have no life outside of work. Very high stressed environment.

Advice to Management

Just ask employees in a climate survey for a year straight. You would have employees long term if it weren't for a few dictators.

"Lots of opportunity if you have a work ethic and want more than just a paycheck. Fast promotions for go getters."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at ACE Rent-to-Own full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a performance based company. You get promoted on your efforts not if management likes you. Every evaluation I have received is based on my personal production. They have a good training program. They teach and live customer service. I have herd many times. Take care of the customer and treat them the way you would want your grandmother treated. Great benefits 100% paid health insurance for full time employees. Lots of opportunity if you have a desire to succeed. Retirement package.

Cons

Six day work week as a level 1 account manager. Anyone who works the system they provide should be promoted and get a raise within 6-10 weeks.

Advice to Management

Continue to operate the company debt free. I want to retire from Ace Rent To Own.

"Terrible"

Pros

nothing great about this job

Cons

managment, poor work ethic from other employees, and customer service

"Rewarding Working Experience"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at ACE Rent-to-Own full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Promotions are based on Performance
    *Small company atmosphere
    *Multiple responsibilities from the Assistant Manger level up - Keeps the job interesting
    *If you like to help people this job allows you to do that

Cons

*Collections is the foundation of the company - if you can't work in collections this is not the company for you
    *Owner is on the downside of his time with the company - gaining a more corporate feel as time goes on
    *Corporate managers have too much power to negatively affect the staff in the stores.
    *Lots of evening hours - 48hr work week, no Saturdays off unless vacation is used.

Advice to Management

*Tell the decision makers at the corporate office to seek to SUPPORT the staff in the field.
         ---- This is my biggest and really only issue with the company. Everything done at a corporate level increases the hurdles to success for field staff. When I started with the company, I faxed probably around 3 forms a week to the corporate office and they were all NEEDED! Now, I fax approximately 5-10 forms a day and they're all either non-essential or actually inhibit my ability to serve the client's needs.