Addison Whitney Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Joe Daley
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Collaborative, Creative, and Rewarding Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Addison Whitney full-time

Pros

I felt compelled to write a review here after seeing the negative posts. I can promise you marketing is not fabricating or coercing employees to write positive reviews. However, I can say that some of the negative reviews claim to be a recent former employee, but date themselves with their description of the company, its practices, and their experience. Those are the fabricators.

In order to be successful here you have to be proactive in your pursuit of knowledge and growth. One of the things that I admire most about Addison Whitney is upper management/VP’s willingness to give advice and share their knowledge/experience, but you have to want it. This isn’t a place where you can skate by, fulfilling the lowest of your expectations

The client list and the work is definitely one of the most rewarding things about working here. I actually see the work my colleagues have done in the real world (shelves of stores, websites, bars/restaurants, and commercials just to name a few)

Working on brands at this level means it can be/is a very demanding and taxing environment. Your ideas will be challenged so be prepared to back up your work/opinions with rationale for why you think it’s the best course of action, and be prepared to work long hours to make it happen.

The people here are extremely intelligent, experienced and fun to be around. I’m around my coworkers for 40+ hours a week, if they weren’t as fun and personable as they are I wouldn’t have lasted this long.

Like any profession, you get out what you put in; I’ve noticed throughout the years that Addison Whitney notices and rewards those who put in the extra effort.

Cons

None, honestly. But since there's a minimum word limit - bagel Fridays are delicious but unhealthy. Fruit Fridays?

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within and give incentives to those who go the extra mile

2. "Some good clients, others are boring"

I worked at Addison Whitney full-time

Pros

Some clients are interesting and allow for creativity in the branding process. Most are pharmaceutical brands

Cons

Leadership is atrocious and does nothing

Aug 7, 2017 – Communications Manager

We're sorry you had a negative experience during your time with us. Our new leadership team is engaged and excited about our future, especially the outstanding opportunity we have to work with our... More

"Project Manager"

I worked at Addison Whitney full-time

Pros

If you are passionate about branding, the work is interesting.

Cons

There is a somewhat immature work environment, very clicky, and you do not work with the brightest people. There is a ton of pharmaceutical work which is not interesting. The salaries are low and there is little to no opportunity within the company.

Sep 29, 2016 – Communications Manager

We’re sorry you had a negative experience during your time with Addison Whitney. You are correct, however, in that we pride ourselves in having employees who are passionate about branding and about... More

"I had a great experience"

I worked at Addison Whitney full-time

Pros

I had a great experience working at Addison Whitney. The people are diverse and unique, the client list is impressive, the work is challenging and interesting, and the environment is casual and supportive. I also appreciated the opportunities for volunteerism and community outreach.

Cons

It's a very specialized business model and not the right fit for everyone. There are good days and bad days, and some of that depends on the clients/projects! It's a former small company run by a bigger company, so there are some challenges with that.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the Addison Whitney brand and don't let inVentiv dilute it.

Aug 30, 2016 – Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing! Our experience volunteering and giving back to our community is something we love doing and something we’re very proud of—thanks for being a part of it.

"Addison Whitney"

I worked at Addison Whitney full-time

Pros

I really liked the people and the projects. Lots of variety of projects: drugs, consumer products, technology, medical devices. Fast-paced and busy days, rarely a dull moment. I liked the casual dress code and perks like Bagel Fridays, occasional catered lunches, and in-office holiday celebrations (Halloween, Cinco de Mayo, etc).

Cons

Nothing really. The open office plan can be noisy sometimes. But otherwise, a great experience and friendly coworkers.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in the business! The variety of clients is what makes it a fun place to work.

Aug 30, 2016 – Communications Manager

We appreciate you sharing your experience with current and future team members, and have to agree that the holiday celebrations are some of our favorite annual events as well!

"Solid work at a good company"

I have been working at Addison Whitney (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart team members, people who typically help each other when the going gets tough on a project.
    Solid work projects, good client list, interesting projects.
    Reasonable working hours, not chained to the desk at 8pm at night.

Cons

Experience occasional days where there is a undercurrent of tension and hostility from employees. Reasons go unexplained.

Advice to Management

You have happy employees and unhappy employees. The reasons why people are unhappy (legit reasons or not) needs to be addressed before the company becomes a contagious toxic working environment for all.
    Germs are looking to spread to make the happy join the unhappy.

Aug 30, 2016 – Communications Manager

We’re happy to hear you’re having a great experience at AW, we are lucky to have a team member like you on board!

Thanks for mentioning those areas for improvement – we are working hard to ensure... More

"Grateful for the Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I worked at Addison Whitney for four years and found it to be a great place to learn from and collaborate with a group of people that have very diverse creative backgrounds. For motivated self-starters, it is a great environment where you are given the opportunity to make a difference. I started in an entry-level position and was able to advance (in stages) into a management position. The experience helped me increase my skills and advance in my career, and for that I am grateful.

Cons

For unmotivated people and those who are not self-starters this is a hard place to thrive.

Advice to Management

Ensure that the hard work that managers put in to keep things moving forward is acknowledged and rewarded.

Aug 30, 2016 – Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing the positive times you had with AW, and thank you for sharing an example of how hard work and dedication can lead to growth and advancement within our company.

"Really cool company"

I worked at Addison Whitney full-time

Pros

This is a pretty cool company. You get to work with so many great brands, like Coca-Cola, GM, Kraft, Motorola, Dollar Tree, P&G, etc. It's a smaller group of great people and the atmosphere is very casual. Mostly younger people, energetic feel. Some opportunities for travel in certain departments. Flexible work schedules.

Cons

Every place has some challenges, including management issues. Different departments have their own weaknesses, but overall the employees are supportive of each other. The Inventiv parent company is rather detached, which makes it hard to feel like part of the larger organization. But mostly Addison Whitney does its own thing anyway.

Advice to Management

Don't believe all the negative stuff written by angry former employees. Continue to focus on the morale of the loyal employees.

Aug 30, 2016 – Communications Manager

We agree, our clients are great, and so are our people!

Thank you for sharing something that can sometimes go unmentioned by current and past team members – our employees are very supportive and... More

"I really wanted to like it this job."

I worked at Addison Whitney full-time

Pros

Bagels on Fridays
    Lots of drama for entertainment
    A few great friends

Cons

Nasty management with an obvious agenda
    Favoritism in terms of fringe benefits and time off
    Degrading indirect feedback from management
    Inappropriate communications from upper management

Advice to Management

Cannot believe this firm has not been sued yet. The interaction between top management *CEO* and anyone on the basic staff level is degrading and overwhelmingly inappropriate. There is no opportunity for advancement unless you are part of the exclusive management club. The worst thing is, this company has zero concern for quality. It's all about closing the business with little or no attention to the quality of product being delivered. In some cases, inexperienced newcomers are asked to handle enormous projects with high-stakes clients.
    It's chaos- there's no reason or logic for decisions that are made. Very unstable and unpredictable company. This all stems from the erratic behavior of the CEO and trickles down through the entire company. Beware. Steer clear.

Sep 12, 2016 – Communications Manager

We want everyone to enjoy their time here as well. While it may have been a negative experience for you to handle such projects early on, through employee feedback we have found that the opportunity... More

"Bogus"

I have been working at Addison Whitney full-time

Pros

Unfortunately many learn too late. I'm trying to do my part and give you a head up

Cons

This company really is a joke. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t get it. I worked here for 2 years and started looking for a job after the first 3 months.
    You cannot advance when the leader of the company is as selfish and egotistical as this one. Not to mention that I doubt he ever had any formal business training. It is essentially a cold calling frenzy and by the junior people and then the tenured sales guys manage the projects. But they don’t even do the work. They pass it off to a few talented creative people. But even that model fails because all the talent leaves this place. I don’t know how they have managed to trick most of these clients. The CEO and some of the senior folks advance themselves at the direct cost of junior people. Don’t come here.

Advice to Management

They won't listen so I wont' give any.

Oct 13, 2016 – Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear that your time at Addison Whitney has not been a positive one. Your manager, or another member of the leadership team, would be more than willing to have an open, honest... More