Advancial Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

4.8
Advancial President and CEO Brent Sheffield
Brent Sheffield
Pros
  • "Advancial has a great work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "The top leadership is very friendly and pushes to cultivate a friendly work environment while balancing it with our personal lives(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Employees within those departments would need to look into other areas of the Credit Union for growth(in 5 reviews)

• "There are no cons to working here(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place

May 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel my concern or opinion is heard and my manager is supportive to my growth and what I want to do.

Cons

Salaries could be higher to match market to other credit unions in the area.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

When you love to come to work, this is the place to be.

Mar 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Here is a place that truly tries to intertwine fun during and after work hours. I think we pride ourselves on living our Values and Service Standards both for our members and our coworkers. Innovation and training is important for this growing credit union and it is shown through the Bright Idea program, teambuilding contests, and learning opportunities. This company loves celebrating and appreciates everyone's hard work through the Celebrate Advancial, WOW program with Perk Points, and fun iCare happy hours. Let's not forget about the vacation homes (in Florida and Colorado) that employees can use and the incredible benefits like the Life Rewards and Spark an Interest. Who doesn't love being given money to try out a new hobby or a given a couple of days to go volunteer? Speaking of money, this company historically has an 8% contribution to each employee's 401K in addition to their pay. That is unheard of without a match. Hard work and productivity is rewarded here. There is a lot we want to do to keep Advancial at the top for the company and its employees. Leadership is truly walking the talk.

Cons

I think Advancial may run a little lean on the number of employees hired.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Apr 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advancial is a great company! They offer amazing benefits and employees are truly valued for their contributions. I have worked many places and Advancial is one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very inclusive and love to hear new ideas. I couldn't see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

I have no complaints and have nothing negative to report.

4. 5.0

A company that cares

Apr 12, 2021 - Full Time Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring leadership. Great culture, even during the pandemic. Hard working employees, good team work and collaboration. Competitive pay, good incentives. Fun zoom socials. Interesting projects. Ideas are valued and encouraged.

Cons

Training is highly encouraged and paid for by the company, but that doesn't always lead to a promotion. Size can be a limiting factor when it comes to higher position movement.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work!

Mar 31, 2021 - Business Relations
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is not enough space to explain how much I love Advancial! Great and unique benefits, flexibility, fair compensation, great people on my team, the list goes on and on.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to work with other departments due to proximity or covid related travel restrictions, but I look forward to resuming some of our normal activities after covid.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Credit Union!

Mar 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits & Fringe package offered to all employees Paid Volunteer opportunities offered to employees Charitable Credit Union Supportive Management Team

Cons

None that I can think of

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best place I’ve ever worked

Feb 27, 2021 - Corporate Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is both customer and employee focused which helps drive exceptional results. Team environment with fun, hard-working people. Love the family feel.

Cons

Uptown Dallas has a lot to offer around the office but the traffic is no fun.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Everyone is an innovator!

Oct 20, 2020 - Vice President Risk Management in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advancial wants everyone's ideas to make us better. No one knows the highs and lows of a process or product better than the person working it. For that reason Advancial has a Bright Idea program where ideas can be submitted to a peer group for review, feedback and often implementation. It's a great way to for us to stay ahead of the competition and show how much we value innovation from our employees. Lastly, the employee that submits the idea gets to be on the project team to implement the idea. It's an amazing growth opportunity for those looking to learn new things and interact with other departments.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent workplace. Hard to beat.

Apr 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked many places and the benefits here are incredible. They try hard to be competitive with salary as well. Several of the benefits are not common, like cash once a year to try something new (ie, learning guitar, sky diving, whatever...), also once per year, cash to help with a repair or replacing a broken appliance (like a dishwasher, or new tires on your car). They even have 2 vacation properties that you can visit for about a week each year only paying the taxes. The top leadership is very friendly and pushes to cultivate a friendly work environment while balancing it with our personal lives. I feel like they truly care about us. Goals are achievable if you are doing your job, and are rewarded with bonuses when achieved. Being a fairly small company you never feel like a number. Yet, the way they do business you know your job is secure. I've been here for almost 8 years and there have not been any layoffs. Even through this COVID nonsense nobody has been let go. All the facilities are very clean and well maintained.

Cons

This doesn't apply to me, but I know it can to many others. It's an office environment for most positions. If that's not your thing you won't like it. Some departments are super quiet, like, you could hear a pin drop on carpet, extroverts struggle in those departments.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful Place to Work

Oct 20, 2020 - Supervisor/Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is very family oriented and always willing to accommodate your needs, if needed. Many employees have shown to be very helpful and welcoming. Leadership is fair and inclusive. The pay and bonus structure is great!

Cons

Moving up within the organization. I guess this is a pro and con. Pro because a lot of members of management have been here for a long time, which says a lot about their loyalty to the company. Con, it could hinder someone from advancing to a higher position.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 Reviews