Advantage Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Highly Recommended"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Advantage Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kind and Highly Motivated Staff , Found me a great job and Quickly. They have honored any reasonable request I have had in the last 12 months. of working with them .

Cons

I wish Sick time and Vacation kicked in a little sooner but was not a deal breaker for me and for that I am glad. Would not like to have missed a chance to work with Advantage Tech over it.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't change a thing. Your staff in your Overland Park office have shown me nothing but good things. Your business model seems to me, to be on the right track. Just don't let it change when the inevitable nationwide success comes to pass. Your competition wont have a chance.

2. "Good company"

Former Contractor - Senior Quality Analyst in Overland Park, KS
    Former Contractor - Senior Quality Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Advantage Tech as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

I do not recall any cons to report. I worked multiple contacts for this company and found the company to be a good supportive organization each time with each contract.

3. "Software Engineer"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Advantage Tech as a contractor

Pros

Really went out of their way to find the position that was right for me, not just a position they could place me in.

Cons

So far I haven't had any complaints but will update when my contract is up

"Puts on a front of success and integrity, but falls rather short."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Advantage Tech full-time

Pros

Ability to learn more about different companies and business development around town. Familiarizing yourself with tech verbiage is important as well.

Cons

The way in which the commission structure was laid out promoted backstabbing, jealousy, and was VERY poorly executed in a sudden growth phase the company decided to embark upon. Goals weren't being met, pressure was placed upon new hires who were being "trained" by more seasoned employees with locked down pools of potential candidates. As you can assume, the most qualified available candidates were stashed away for the big dogs. Once some new recruiters began to gain momentum, their leads, connections and were pilfered through by management and if they had any placements tee'd up, they were obviously collected by the house. I found this place to be a bit of a contact farm. TWO of my previous employers have told me that Advantage Tech reached out to them for potential business, this happened to be shortly after I worked there.

Account Managers here were a mixed bag, some of them are very settled in, have done this for a while and guided you through the process well. Others were routinely chasing bunk leads.. although this was a known issue in the office, upper management shielded them and some recruiters were stuck in a rut thanks to the paths they were given. One company had intended for some of the placed candidates on a 1099 tax structure and this wasn't communicated to the recruiter involved, and therefore, the candidate being placed.. bewildering.

That leads into another point, integrity.. Many times I noticed that the more seasoned recruiters at this agency were aware of glaring shortcomings in candidates they were fluffing for positions, yet they ignored them, to force through the next placement and fatten their belly. There was a situation in which a fellow recruiter was aware of theft issues at a potential candidate's previous place of work, and the previous hire that Advantage Tech has used for the position was fired for stealing. This was pushed through regardless, because this place values the dollar over providing quality services to their clients.

Advice to Management

Get more involved when going through a major transition.. Don't entrust what you've worked hard to build to someone that lacks the personal touch or intuition to sniff out brewing issues, and delegates tasks that should be handled by an experienced manager to someone that is still in the thick of RECRUITING.. this paved the way for many issues and an unfair playing field.

Treat people well and show them you value them before they get you a pocket full of placements. Advise your Account Managers to operate with integrity and to NOT reach out to the previous employers of people that have worked for you in a slimy fashion, and MAYBE this type of review wouldn't happen. You guys are good people, but please monitor the process more so that future employees don't feel like a used up contact net. Thanks.

May 24, 2017 – President/COO

We place a lot of time, money, and effort into bringing on entry-level recruiters into the industry to train them for success. As in any industry some people are unfortunately not a fit. The IT... More

"A Company of High Integrity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Advantage Tech full-time

Pros

Great management and ownership that invest in the lives of their employees. The company's recruiters and account managers are fun and easy to get along with. Everyone genuinely wants to help candidates find the perfect fit. They are open and honest.

Cons

If you like consistency and a slower environment, you may not like the fast pace or the highs and lows that happen within minutes of each other.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge and value your employees. You're doing a great job of it now!

Feb 7, 2017 – President/COO

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your experience with our company!

"Happy employees"

I have been working at Advantage Tech (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, owners and management care about their employees, good comp plan, and plenty of opportunity for bonuses.

Cons

Benefits are offered, and are fair for a small company.

Jun 25, 2015 – President/COO

We strive to maintain a positive team and company culture. It is fantastic to see our current team members helping to create that environment!

"Friendly people, good environment"

Current Contractor - Project Manager
    Current Contractor - Project Manager

I have been working at Advantage Tech as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter and account team are good to work with and available to answer questions during the job seeking process.

Cons

As with any contract company, most of your experience will be derived from the company in which you are placed. The contract company can help, but make sure you like the company you will actually be working in.

Would like vacation to be available along with paid holidays immediately.

"Great company"

Pros

Advantage Tech is a great company to work for. The owners provide us the resources and the tools to succeed in our job. We work in a team first environment and we truly strive to do the right thing for our contract employees and our clients, with integrity as a core value.

The company rewards hard work and strives to have a great work life balance.

Cons

The benefit package for a small company is fair.

"A great company to work for and contract through"

I have been working at Advantage Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advantage Tech will try to place you where you are a good cultural fit as well as a good technical fit. The former is hard to do and just as important as the latter.

Cons

No organization is perfect but I have none to put here. The benefits are reasonably good for contractors which is rare in the consulting business but could be better as is true everywhere.

"The best recruiter I have ever worked with. I rarely write reviews but felt so lead in this case."

Current Contractor - Desktop Support in Kansas City, MO
    Current Contractor - Desktop Support in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Advantage Tech as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

*Hardworking recruiters
    *Professional
    *Personal
    *Account reps who personally make the introduction between you and the employer at every interview
    *Local to Kansas City area with alot of local connections like Burns & McDonnald
    *Optional benefits package

Cons

Tyke kept on the hunt until we found the right fit. I have no complaints.

Jun 25, 2015 – President/COO

It is great to see our recruiters getting kudos from our candidates and consultants. Thank you for your feedback!