AlgaeCal Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Dean Neuls

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic team oriented company"

I have been working at AlgaeCal full-time

Pros

I have thoroughly enjoyed working for AlgaeCal. They consistently care for their customers and employees. The company has a very warm and trustworthy culture. Working alongside people who all enjoy what they do and are happy to be at work makes for an excellent environment with productive meetings. It's everything you could want in a small but rapidly growing company.

Cons

There no specific cons to mention. Any issues that arise are always handled right away and when adjustments are needed they are made.

2. "Excellent!"

I have been working at AlgaeCal full-time

Pros

- Wonderful team & management to work with - very supportive.
    - Great learning opportunities and encourages self improvement and advancement.
    - Positive atmosphere & good team moral
    - Fair Workplace

Cons

- Very busy! The company is forever growing & changing. You will never be bored - but that's a good thing!

3. "Cares about their customers and cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Junior Marketing Associate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at AlgaeCal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- AlgaeCal really cares about their customers and it shows. There's a huge emphasis on scientific research to back up their products and decisions are made in favour of the customers. You can feel good about working here and know that you're making a difference.
    - Amazing workplace culture. Definitely reflective of the healthy and active West Coast lifestyle. Everybody works together and helps each other. The convenient Yaletown office, delicious Friday lunches, and Buddy, the office dog, are a bonus.
    - Lots of learning opportunities. AlgaeCal invests time and resources in their employees through many training programs, certifications, and conferences. Roles aren't rigid and they encourage you to take the initiative to explore new things. They genuinely care about your personal growth.

Cons

- I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

- The company's growing very quickly, which is a testament to how great things are working. Keep it up!

4. "Making a REAL Difference"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Content Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at AlgaeCal (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at AlgaeCal for a little over 3 years now and have loved every minute of it. I know, it seems too good to be true, but let me tell you why it's not!

This is a company and brand with products you can actually get behind and believe in. We're making a REAL difference in people's lives. I've had customers tell me they can play with their grandkids again without fear of fracture, participate in races they thought were no longer physically possible for them, and simply just say thank you for creating such a life-changing product.

From a career aspect, there are endless growth opportunities for employees. I started out as a marketing assistant, then a writer and social media lead, and now I'm in a managerial position.

Cons

The team culture, values, and ethics are SO important to AlgaeCal. It doesn't matter how good you are at your job if you don't truly believe in what we do.

5. "Honest, Caring, Trustworthy and Endless Growth"

Current Employee - Search Marketing Specialist in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Search Marketing Specialist in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at AlgaeCal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The company believes in excellence and continuous improvement
    - They value honesty and integrity for their consumers and fellow team members.
    - The company provides all necessary learning materials, courses and any other tools to help employees better themselves at their job.
    - You will gain boundless learning experiences and opportunities here
    - Gain the opportunity to work alongside leading industry professionals.
    - Recognition of hard work is always acknowledged, appreciated and often rewarded.
    - Friendly, supportive and engaging team atmosphere
    - A healthy working atmosphere with stand up desks, home-made team lunches and flexible health benefits.
    - Great downtown office location
    - Extra-curricular activities

Cons

Through my experience, I can honestly say I have no cons about this company.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to maintain their current practices, advancing and always continually improving in every possible way.

6. "Unlimited growth"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

--Full of opportunity to grow. There are always events available for personal and professional growth within the team.
    -Everyone is friendly and supportive. There is a weekly team bonding lunch made with organic ingredients only.
    -Your work always valued and appreciated no matter how insignificant it seems.

Cons

-It's a busy call center so the amount you are willing to contribute definitely makes a difference.

"Great Team Spirit"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

AlgaeCal feels like one big family, and every day is different which keeps it exciting and engaging. Team spirit is really encouraged with Friday family style lunches, and birthday celebrations. Everyone working together for the same goal with a great sense of pride and ownership cultivated by positive attitudes. No micro-managing and very supportive learning.

Cons

If you prefer to be 'hand-held' through learning you may find it challenging - there's a positive emphasis placed on following your own best judgement and learning from mistakes

8. "Marketing Associate"

I have been working at AlgaeCal full-time

Pros

-weekly team meetings
    -friday/bday lunches
    -full health benefits
    -company events

Cons

-steep learning curve, but co-workers and management help throughout the entire process

"Customer Care Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

I previously worked full-time for AlgaeCal and grew so much from the experience that I continued to work part-time even after switching fields. This company invest so much into their staff and also gives you the freedom to break into other roles you express interest in. One of the best benefit of working in this close knit team and smaller company is the opportunity to try different roles before discovering your niche.

The company is currently growing rapidly and needs talent in most departments. Although the need for human resource is strong, the company still places huge emphasis on maintaining the current culture of the team.

Cons

AlgaeCal is the only manufacturer of a certified organic plant calcium. There is a steep learning curve in the beginning and therefore requires individuals who are actually interested in natural health and helping people.

Advice to Management

AlgaeCal's organization structure is relatively flat. This means you are expected to manage yourself without direct superiors micro-managing you! Which is great!

10. "I love my new job!"

I have been working at AlgaeCal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, comfortable working environment, caring people, great location, learning environment, excellent resources, exciting projects, feel valued.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons