Found 91 of over 107 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits fully paid by the company" (in 21 reviews)
- "For retirement benefits they match 40% of your 401K contribution up to 15% of your annual salary." (in 6 reviews)
- "It is a great work environment and you truly get out of it what you put in." (in 5 reviews)
- "Easy environments to work in and people are great" (in 5 reviews)
- "Excellent management from operations" (in 5 reviews)
- "Low Pay for Los Angeles living conditions (not sure if this applies to all employees/positions)" (in 7 reviews)
- "Manager of office is a bully, makes derogatory remarks behind everyone's back." (in 6 reviews)
- "needs more work life balance" (in 4 reviews)
- "Bonus is based on manager discretion, no transparency" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Allen Lund and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0May 30, 2023Senior Transportation BrokerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsDenver, CO
The company cares about their employees and is willing to invest in the company long term. You will not find better benefits anywhere. They offer full benefits with little to no cost to their employees. The owners reinvest in the long term success of the company and overall have a good mindset about putting money back into the company. From my experience upper management was willing to work with me when ever I had an issue. I even raised a concern to the executive team and it was addressed immediately. Overall ALC is a good company and a great spot for beginners looking to gain experience as a broker.
Being on call is tough, but by the time I left they had begun creating a department to take over the after hours and on call responsibilities. Your earning potential isn’t as high here as other brokerages but is still very good. The full benefits and good work environment are a fair trade off that you don’t always get at the commission based brokerages.
- 3.0May 24, 2023Account ManagerCurrent EmployeeOrlando, FL
Great benefits fully paid by the company
Moving up will be very complicated and favoritism is a really big thing. Management also micromanages a lot.
- 4.0Apr 3, 2023Freight BrokerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDallas, TX
There is structure in place to begin a career
Low paying at entry level. Mandatory overtime weekends on occasion
- 5.0Feb 15, 2023BrokerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Free Healthcare for all full-time employees, birthday's off
Sales and revenue based, pressure to meet earning goals
- 5.0Feb 1, 2023Transportation BrokerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLa Canada Flintridge, CA
The office is a fast paced, team orientated environment.
Career progression can be slow
Allen Lund Reviews FAQs
Allen Lund has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 107 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Allen Lund to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
85% of Allen Lund employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Allen Lund 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.