AmCheck Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
AmCheck President Dean Lucente
Dean Lucente

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Growing company, lot's of opportunity for anyone willing to work hard (in 4 reviews)

• Great place to learn and grow your career (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons at this point and I do not see any that could rise in the future (in 6 reviews)

• There is terrible work/life balance with this company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Exciting Place, Great People!"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AmCheck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn and grow your career. Fun/ useful product to cell, great people and company culture, and trust leadership as they have the best interest of their people. Very exciting time to be a part of the company.

Cons

As with any sales job, it is a grind. Can be stressful at times as hitting quota has become the culture and expectation

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. We appreciate the adjustments you make that are in the best interest of your people.

2. "Love My Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AmCheck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with AmCheck for 5 years now and absolutely love my job. The atmosphere is challenging and fun and everyone in the office provides a positive and collaborative feel. The company also encourages professional growth. I started at an entry level job and have been promoted twice. I truly feel that the management values employees that have a good work ethic and will reward them for a job well done.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

"Unprofessional Scammers"

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AmCheck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Drinks and low-level employees.

Cons

There are some reviews that were responded by the company. It's amazing that Management is telling employees to find work elsewhere in the reviews. That's exactly how employees are treated with this company. You constantly feel like you will be on the chopping block if you don't agree with their unprofessional behavior.

There is terrible work/life balance with this company. I was informed someone was termed while on sick leave for a domestic violence situation. How cold-blooded can you be? This company does not support its employees, Amcheck will suck the life out of you until you break. The teams here are kind of like a clique in high school. Gossip all around. HR tells other employees what is going on if an employee is having an issue. Like I stated. Unprofessional.

Benefits are terrible. The little pay you receive will go to paying for your premiums. CEO should not be a CEO. Look at his responses left on the reviews.

Advice to Management

Take some lessons from Fortune 500 companies. Learn how to run your company like a well oiled machine. Right now the company will run into the ground very shortly.

4. "Leave it to Amcheck"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at AmCheck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wish I could think of the pros to working here but I just can't.

Cons

My biggest concern with this company is it's constant need to defend practices that aren't correct. Someone leaves a negative review, and it either gets deleted from the page, receives a response from the "president" defending it's reasons to why the negative feedback isn't valid, or is followed up by several current employees who feel the need to harp on it's greatness.

The first thing to understand with this company is that it really isn't a company, but more of a dysfunctional family that thrives on those "in the circle", but if you are the black sheep, be prepared for a final paycheck.

The next issue I have is a concern of ethics but I won't elaborate on that due to this post being removed.

Lastly, the environment is very uncomfortable. The work/life balance is awful and the monitoring of employees (bathroom breaks, lunch breaks etc) is frightening.

Advice to Management

Learn to accept feedback and grow from it. I'm sure this will be deleted because the truth is never accepted. I look forward to your response to this post validating mine even more.

"Payroll Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at AmCheck full-time

Pros

There are no pros that I can think of.

Cons

Management is not equipped or experienced enough to create individual employee growth. The management team preaches about accountability but offers no training to employees that may need it. The management has a got it or you don’t attitude towards staff that affects day to day operations. The word cultural is thrown around loosely but cult is the proper terminology. Management is not equipped or experienced enough to run a small company and it shows.

Advice to Management

When a person who begun well starts to lag in performance, question the environment and it’s impact on the person.

AmCheck Response

Jan 23, 2018 – President

Thank you for your feedback. Although, we don't know the details of your situation because the review is anonymous, we are sorry you had a negative experience working at AmCheck. Depending on the... More

6. "Front desk coordinator/admin"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AmCheck part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AmCheck is a fantastic place to work. Management is very approachable and understanding. Everyone works as a team toward a common goal. AmCheck also community minded.

Cons

No cons for this organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Awesome Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AmCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture, environment, co-workers, sales structure

Cons

No cons at this time

"Lucky to join the AmCheck family!"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AmCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with AmCheck for a little over a month now. That might not seem long enough to give a credible review but it feels like I've been working here for years! The environment here at AmCheck is unlike any other company I've worked for. The employee's are so welcoming, helpful, and great at what they do. What puts AmCheck ahead of the rest is the upper management. The events and the way they balance the work life balance keeps the employee's happy and excited to come into work. I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to continue my career here at AmCheck!

Cons

No cons at this point and I do not see any that could rise in the future.

Advice to Management

None. Management knows what they are doing and are doing a fantastic job.

9. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AmCheck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have been with the organization almost 6 months. Overall positive experience. Refreshing working for a company with great products and an excellent reputation. Everyone in the office has been super friendly. Owner and upper management are extremely approachable and very open minded to any ideas/feedback that can positively impact the organization. Would highly recommend.

Cons

There are none at this time..

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Receptionist"

I have been working at AmCheck part-time

Pros

Everything, and everyone. I have never felt more welcomed at any other company I have worked for. Staff is super friendly. Training is very thorough. I am so glad to be apart of their staff.

Cons

There are no cons. I would recommend this company everyone!