Amazingmail Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Danielle Stiehl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Couldn't have asked for a better experience!"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazingmail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time at Amazingmail.com was truly an amazing experience! The CFO and Executive VP are actually incredible, contrary to some reviews on here. The way that they have turned this company around over the past five years is remarkable. They also go out of their way to make every employee feel comfortable. They know your name and really care about you and your needs/concerns. Before my manager was hired they were there for me and worked with me personally on a daily basis. Speaking of my Manager, the Controller, he was awesome. We worked together daily and were able to build a great friendship. My other coworkers were great as well! The open floor plan of our office makes it easy to interact with all departments. From day one everyone was super friendly and helpful. They are genuinely excited when a new team member comes on board, no matter the department. It is truly a family-like atmosphere at Amazingmail and I have created friendships that will last a long time. Another pro is the quarterly bonus and the office party. Basically you get your bonus, review the quarter's successes, and enjoy the treats that are provided. If you are fortunate enough to work for AMI then you will absolutely LOVE it there!!

Cons

There aren't many downsides to AMI. A few of us tried to make Fridays Bring Your Pet to Work Day but that didn't really work out for obvious reasons!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You two are continuing to take this company to the next level. Your hard work, commitment to your employee's success, and determination is really paying off!

2. "A Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great group of co-workers with high levels of professionalism and passion for what they do
    - A place to test your capabilities
    - Supportive environment
    - We have a new group of positive professionals who strive for excellence
    - Your input matters. Collaboration is encouraged and appreciated
    - Opportunities to work with and learn from other departments
    - Generous with rewards, recognition and contests
    - Quarterly company events

Cons

We have a 24 hour commitment to our customers. The pace can be demanding and create challenges during our busiest season. Being a small company we wear many hats and expect a true level of commitment that can only be categorized as character building at times. We have experienced growing pains and learning curves. We continue to develop people and processes.

Advice to Management

As the company grows continue to focus on the culture. Everyone wants to be heard and feel appreciated. Trust that your employees will do the right thing. Many positive changes in the recent past will propel our success moving forward.

"Great Company that's growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful team that likes to have fun while getting the job done. A company without corporate red tape, that values hard working employees and loves to promote within.

Cons

There really aren't any. This is a solid company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"ownership please read"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazingmail (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees work well together and support one another

Cons

Ownership you put people in charge that are not capable of running this company, Vice president was fired from his last job. He is so insecure and can't deal with people who know more..Every employee here will tell it is there hard work that keeps this company together, not management.
    We can only hope some day they replace both of them with intelligent ,caring people who understand people and business ethics. It is a shame ownership keeps them on with so many complaints.

Advice to Management

Get therapy

"Dysfunctional Management"

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time

Pros

The product itself is great! Unique idea good quality.

Cons

Management argues right in front of the employees. They never seem to agree on anything. The working environment is hostile. You feel like your being pulled in a million different directions. Not enough pay for stressful work. No obvious path for growth unless someone quits.

Advice to Management

Stop fighting in front of your employees. It's obvious that you don't like each other.

"Run from this company."

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful. The PRODUCT is wonderful. The major downfall is management, who makes the atmosphere unbearable. The company is run by a bullying CEO and VP.

Cons

Management ran off 7 long term, hard working employees who loved the company, in less than a year. Spend a moment in that place and you'll see why. Management loves to hear themselves talk and fills all day with pointless meetings that do not allow us to actually work.

Advice to Management

Quit. Then maybe the company would thrive.

"Fighting Management"

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The coworkers are fun and try to make this place more tolerable.

Cons

The management is terrible. You can hear the CEO and VP yelling at each other in conference rooms and over the phone. Employees are reprimanded in front of the entire staff because they have no professional decorum.

"Horrible company"

I worked at Amazingmail full-time

Pros

None - nada. Do not work here

Cons

Everything. Do not work here under no circumstances.

"Developer Perspective"

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time

Pros

Interesting concept. At our core, we print and mail postcards. It’s a relatively simple process, but augmented with our workflow, it makes for interesting work. In the end, we have a process that can be leveraged by enterprise applications for customer-triggered mailings sending a personalized card to thousands per day. And that same exact process supports any person that wants to snap a photo and send it to grandma. There are a few major pieces involved that make this possible, and working with these concepts in mind makes for fun work.

Variety. We are a small team, and as such, we often tend to wear different hats. In a given week, I may work a gambit from UX to backend programming to database administration to server maintenance. It keeps things fresh. At the same time though, when I need focus on a single project, I can.

Flexibility. Work from home schedules are generally allowed, and there’s never an issue when needing to run errands or step away from work for a bit during the day.

Small company atmosphere. We have a bit of a corporate feel in that we conduct our meetings professionally and we put heavy focus on process. But beyond that, we retain the feeling of a small company. It’s an environment where you’re encouraged to speak your mind. Everybody is accessible. It’s an environment where you can feel comfortable. And as such, your opinions, suggestions, and day-to-day work make a difference. You get a sense of ownership of the company.

Smart management. Management has a keen sense of our place in the market, and they’ve done a good job of keeping us pointed in the right direction. That’s more difficult than it sounds given that we primarily print postcards. But it’s that description of “we print postcards” that is an oversimplification that has lead previous management teams astray and caused bad decisions that lost money and good employees. I trust that our current team is leading us beyond stability.

Cons

Limited growth potential. Being that we are a small company, growth potential is limited. There is a lot of potential in professional growth via quarterly professional development goals. Salary is also reviewed annually. But there isn’t much in terms of a corporate ladder to climb. We are a unique company that has growth potential as a whole, however, so this could change over time.

Legacy code. This company was started in the late 90s, and some of the code is still in use today. It’s difficult to work around some of these old blocks of code, but when it makes sense, we do refactor and update where we can.

"Loved Company but it's Going Nowhere"

I worked at Amazingmail full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique potential with product. Comfortable work environment. Overall it was a good experience and some of my fellow staff and I were very passionate about company.

Cons

CEO has no vision, no marketing or sales ability, no management skills. Absolute horrible choice and company has sat idle for years now diminishing staff along the way without increasing revenue or expanding markets. I've never been as embarrassed to sit next to fellow executives until the latest CEO.

Advice to Management

Leave. The product and company can thrive again.