Amino Reviews | Glassdoor

Amino Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

4.4
Amino CEO David Vivero (no image)
David Vivero

"Happy to be here"

I have been working at Amino full-time

Pros

Management, Culture, Product, Team, and Engineers Talented, Passionate, Caring, Hardworking, Honest, Team oriented

Cons

Turnover every 2 years is accurate, but this is is Silicon Valley, I have friends who work at startup companies where every 8-10 months entire new 10 person sales team, 4 person marketing, so not as bad.

Advice to Management

Focus on compounding benefits maybe

Amino2018-12-27

"Great people, high turnover, confusing vision"

I worked at Amino full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work culture is great. Good work-life balance, good benefits and pay People are well-intentioned

Cons

Consistent abrupt decision-making -many major changes to the product over past 2-3 years makes it hard to make progress on sales, messaging, marketing. Vision and mission can feel diluted Very high turnover - entire sales/marketing side has changed over in two years

Amino2018-12-12

"50% turnover in 2-3 years"

I have been working at Amino full-time

Pros

Free lunch and good work life balance.

Cons

Jarring, drastic decisions across all business units. It doesn't seem like we are building a long term sustainable company with a sound product, but rather a house of cards.

Amino2018-10-23

"Started as an intern, never left"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amino full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started at Amino as an intern and wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was an incredibly thoughtful, down-to-earth, yet ambitious team working on a product that is (actually) making people's lives better and has the potential to do so much more. A few pros to highlight: - Managers who make it a priority to identify the highest-impact work and champion your contributions and achievements - Coworkers... you *almost* forget are geniuses who are the best at what they do because they're so funny, kind, and humble - Empathy. People actually understand what "work life balance" looks like and actively encourage it Also a plus: catered lunch every day. It's easy to take this for granted—but it's a huge benefit, and it creates the kind of work environment where everyone has lunch with not only their own team members, but leaders and team members from across the company. (We have the best lunch chats.)

Cons

Communication between teams can be challenging, but nothing to be concerned about.

Advice to Management

Continue to make sure priorities are communicated clearly to everyone, so we maintain our efficiency as we grow and shift priorities.

Amino2017-08-04

"This is where you want to be"

I have been working at Amino full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The mission -Working with incredibly talented and intelligent individuals -Leadership team leads by example. Can go directly to David (CEO) to pick his brain and get advice - Embraces life/work balance to the highest degree - Treated as professionals

Cons

The healthcare and benefit landscape is complex.

Amino2017-08-01

"Sales"

I have been working at Amino full-time

Pros

Very smart team. Lots of dedicated individuals working toward the same set of goals. Excellent team work environment

Cons

Typical start up challenges, you have to be adaptable. Nothing to be concerned about.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your teams

Amino2017-08-01

"Love this company, its mission and the people!"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amino full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Smart, humble and genuinely kind people. -An environment that encourages collaboration, creativity and curiosity. -A strong mission that drives high-quality work. -Being treated like an adult. You can run an errand or go to lunch with a friend without anyone getting suspicious and passive aggressively asking whether you'll get your work done - everyone is trusted to get everything done on their own time.... -Great benefits: Especially the free lunch everyday and the unlimited vacation (people actually use it here, and it's awesome).

Cons

-Nothing to report so far

Amino2017-07-18

"Thoughtful and interesting people, cool company"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amino full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are talented and really fun. Tons of different backgrounds and there's often a cool story getting shared at lunch. I like what we're working on. Healthcare data is hard to get to and understand and that sucks. It feels great to be making it better. There's a lot of transparency here. The CEO and department heads keep everyone up to date. I know what's going on even if I'm not directly working on it.... Weekly meetings with just the immediate team to reflect on our process and see what we can improve. Super impressed with taking a little time to be introspective and fix issues before they become problems.

Cons

Really no big cons. It can be hard to get to know people that aren't on your immediate team. Team lunches help a lot, but smaller interpersonal (water-cooler) conversations don't happen super often.

Advice to Management

Maintain the transparency and commitment to mission. Being able to be proud of where you work is worth a lot.

Amino2017-04-04

"Amino is a wonderful place to work"

I have been working at Amino full-time

Pros

It really feels like you're working with your friends and family. The company is mission driven and takes great care of all the employees. Benefits are wonderful. Lots of fun events - lunch provided daily. Couldn't ask for more!

Cons

Really no cons - only positive things to say

Amino2017-03-31

"Big data with awesome mission"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amino full-time for less than a year

Pros

The data we have and product we are building is necessary in healthcare. I believe we are on the right path to focus on consumers and businesses, since healthcare is healthy a mix of both. The team seems incredibly driven and thoughtful. There is a lot of flexibility with how we build the team and direction of the product, based on what customers tell us. CEO seems humble and willing to learn from everyone around... him to get the best answer and solution.

Cons

Ambiguity in some things, but that comes with a start up. Lower stock options than expected, but I anticipate future grants based on performance. Options rather than grants, but that makes you truly want to build the value of the company so that your option purchase price is a lot lower than the true value of the stock.

Advice to Management

Start developing your current employees into leaders, so that when we start to grow fast we have leaders in place to step up and lead a team with a clear vision. If you haven't already, develop an evergreen stock granting system for bonuses so employees' hard work will feel valued and keep us motivated in building the product and team.

Amino2017-03-30