Arysta LifeScience Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Manager in Norwalk, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Norwalk, CA

I worked at Arysta LifeScience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous benefits, good salary and a really great management team

Cons

Smaller company, many positions require travel given global nature of business

2. "Supply Chain"

I worked at Arysta LifeScience full-time

Pros

401K (6 percent match), stock option, PTO, Benefits in general are fine.

Cons

Management always set unrealistically high goal without any plan on how to achieve that and used that as an excuse for not great bonus. Expensive insurance plan. No training.

3. "Packing"

Former Employee - Packer in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Packer in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Arysta LifeScience full-time

Pros

One of the pros is the it has a good salary.

Cons

One of the cons is that

"My Time at Arysta or...How I Learned to Give More and Get Less or... Why I Began Bartering with my Doctor"

Former Employee - Business Support in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Business Support in Cary, NC

I worked at Arysta LifeScience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It wasn't all bad. I felt my salary was higher than it would have been somewhere else for a position of the same level. However if you have no other health insurance option than the Arysta plan, then the higher insurance costs will more than offset any salary bump you might receive. I was in a fortunate position where I could enroll in my spouses benefits plan, but I felt bad for my co-workers who didn't have that option. The company said the plans were "scaled back to meet the market average", however, my research leads me to believe it must be significantly below average.

To illustrate what kind of impact the Health Insurance benefit will have on your total compensation package, I recall that as the benefits for 2016 were introduced we were told that we should start bartering with our doctors to lower our medical bills to make up for the higher deductible plans being offered. The example we were given was to explain to the doctor that we had a high deductible on our health care plan and that maybe they could charge us less than what they charge other patients. We were told this was the way of the new health care law. That may be the case, but I've asked plenty of people since then if their employers are saying the same thing and haven't found anyone yet. My new employer has not suggested bartering and, while it's still a good chunk of my salary, my monthly contribution is significantly less and covers significantly more than the Arysta plan would have. So now my spouse is enrolled in MY plan.

Cons

"Good is not good enough at Arysta" proclaimed the speaker from the podium at the National Sales Meeting. "You have to far exceed 'good' if you want to succeed at Arysta. We expect much more than just average." A few minutes later, within the same speech, the benefits package for the coming year was introduced and it was explained that the company did some market research and discovered that the health insurance benefits they provided their employees were above the market average so they were scaling that back to be in line with the average.

And so began my employment with this company. I had already come across a number of clues leading up to that point which caused me to think that I had made a mistake. Like the very first meeting/conference call I was on that accomplished nothing. The fact that a C-Level executive later derided the meeting as a disaster temporarily reassured me that this was an anomaly. However that reassurance was short lived. They never, ever got better. Each meeting was more harrowing than the one prior, with each participant in their own bubble, seemingly oblivious to the other participants' diverging perceptions of what was to be accomplished. This went on for years and is presumably still taking place today.

The work I was assigned was an endless cycle of busy work, made necessary by a merger with a similar agricultural chemical company with incompatible record keeping, and by the reporting requirements of the parent company, a public company who's infrastructure was simply not in the shape it needed to be in order to efficiently roll up quarterly results for the required SEC filings. My initial thought was that I would be able to improve on the current processes to minimize the amount of time spent on said busy work in order to dedicate time to actually making an impact, but even if the rigidity of a multinational company didn't stop me, the density of the task list was too much and thus my days (and nights) were too consumed to make any headway.

That being said, it didn't take me long to realize that my life for the foreseeable future would be centered around long hours of unfulfilling work for the advancement of a company that expected a better than average output but actively worked to keep my compensation average. Not wanting my resume pock-marked with rapid-fire job changes, I cautiously searched for a job I was sure I would enjoy to ensure my next move would be the last for a long while. That took some time and I ended up staying years at Arysta. Now it feels as if the clouds have cleared, the flowers have begun to bloom and I have control of my life again. I had been there so long I had forgotten what life on the outside was like...and now that I'm here.. it's beautiful.

5. "DO NOT RECOMMEND (Arysta EMEA)"

I have been working at Arysta LifeScience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, Knowledge, Customer oriented, R & D, Regulatory, Safety.

Cons

lack of vision/strategy/
    leadership
    Work life balance
    Not for "starters"
    Staff rotation

Advice to Management

Not applicable

6. "Arysta Review"

I have been working at Arysta LifeScience full-time

Pros

Arysta has assembled a really good team to work with: competent, hard-working and just good people.

Cons

Multiple owners over the past few years creates instability.

7. "Lacks strong leadership and professional competency"

I worked at Arysta LifeScience full-time

Pros

Compensation and benefits are competitive

Cons

Too much promotion from within

Advice to Management

Hire from outside

8. "Do Not Recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I worked at Arysta LifeScience full-time

Pros

Wonderful People- Smart. pay well.

Cons

Work all the time. Complete chaos. Always label issues, recalls. Push sales only to rerun them to meet numbers. No work life balance. Horrible management. Human Resources down totally downhill since Annetta left.

Advice to Management

Solve issues instead of sitting in meanless meetings all day.

9. "Good company to work for, but still trying to determine focus in R&D"

Former Employee - Senior Formulation Chemist in Valdosta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Formulation Chemist in Valdosta, GA

I worked at Arysta LifeScience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good customer services, great products, great people. Company had a high regard for quality. Has a asset light business model.

Cons

Management going through changes due to mergers and acquisitions. Objectives and focus still being developed. Average safety program that is improving.

Advice to Management

Use your employees for their skill set and invest in their weaknesses

"Great People to Work With"

I worked at Arysta LifeScience full-time

Pros

Within the organization, the people are awesome to work with. Teamwork and family-type atmosphere. Compensation is at or above expectations.

Cons

Business was sold and new owners have changed the culture. Impossible goals made by those unfamiliar with the industry have created a high-stress environment. Benefits have been trimmed back making being overworked even worse. Company is definitely going through some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Owners need be aware of the needs of their employees within the different divisions they have purchased. Different markets have different types of employees. Trying to treat them all the same will lead to more and more turnover.