Atlas Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Regional Director"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlas Energy (More than a year)

Pros

Great honest people to work for and great benefits.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Atlas.

2. "Beginner's Company"

Current Employee - Lease Operator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Lease Operator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Atlas Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

• Great route to get your foot in the door within the oil/gas industry without being required to have any experience or college-level education under your belt.

• Reasonable pay (see cons for opposing pay factor)

• Yearly bonus

• Great teamwork among production department co-workers

Cons

• Hindrance of future opportunities with company (Your progression level will only allow you to reach up to either a Level 1, Level 2, or Lead Lease Operator position if working in the production department unless promoted to a foreman position which is highly unlikely due to minimal staff openings. Hence the pro of this company being a beginner's entry, it is only good for one to gain experience and a basic foundation of the oil/gas industry to move forward to other growing companies.)

• Pay scale becomes political (Despite the dedication, strong work ethic, and increasing in production as a result of one's work ethic, one's pay is based on a relationship status with management. In other words, if management does not care for you despite your strong work ethic, you will see the minimal raises given to you every year in comparison to the maximum raises given to others.

• Overabundant workload (Number of wells that are required to be maintained on the weekly basis are no longer possible to maintain after all lease operators were doubled-up on their routes after layoff in Feb. 2016.)

• Not cost-efficient (Money is not put where it is required. Money not spent to protect well sites from livestock or wildlife further causes destruction to the operating equipment resulting in major production loss. Costs to maintain access roads to well sites are not upheld resulting further in an increase in yearly vehicle maintenance & repairs. Service to producing wells are denied due to costs involved despite factual evidence proving the well to become more efficient after service measures and to make up for the costs in repairing them.)

Advice to Management

Expand on your horizons as senior management. Do not limit the knowledge given to you from those who are working on the front-lines of the oil/gas industry. Teamwork is essential to the growth of any company.

3. "Manager, Investor Services"

I have been working at Atlas Energy full-time

Pros

Good Pay, Great Benefits good team envirnoment

Cons

company not honest with overall financial health of company

Advice to Management

To be realistic with employees and keep them in the loop regarding the state of the company

4. "Analyst"

I worked at Atlas Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the employees were good to work with

Cons

As an acquired company we were too big for them to handle system wise.

Advice to Management

They are very lax in returning phone calls.

5. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Server Administrator in Uniontown, OH
    Former Employee - Server Administrator in Uniontown, OH

Pros

Best company I ever worked for. I was in the IT Infrastructure group. Great team of true pros. Exec management truly cared about providing great careers for their employees; generous with PTO and bonuses. C-level leadership was positive and enabling to employees, but some of those have left so I don't know whether that is still the case.

Cons

Gas and oil industry. I got laid off as part of massive force reduction in preparation for total restructuring. I would go back in a heartbeat if that were possible.

Advice to Management

Hire me back once your restructuring is complete, you're going to need me!

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant I
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant I

I have been working at Atlas Energy (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Outstanding benefits and paid time off. A work casual dress code so no expensive wardrobes needed. Managers and supervisors care and treat you with respect.

Cons

Some accountants prefer to just do their job and are not very personable. Training needs to be more streamlined. Must love cubicles.

"HORRIBLE!!!"

I worked at Atlas Energy full-time

Pros

There are none, unless you like working for incompetent people.

Cons

Incompetent leadership, arrogant management and terrible execution of strategy and business plans.

Advice to Management

This is a dead end company to work for because nepotism runs RAMPANT! Unless you know someone and/or kiss enough azz you'll NEVER advance. This is one of those companies where your boss - should be working for you. Worst job I've ever had. The Philly Rittenhouse office is the worst. A bunch of pampered spoiled C level execs that get everything they want.

8. "Once a great company sold out to big oil..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Atlas Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, and a once great environment. When it was a local employer, had tremendous employee loyalty.

Cons

Company sold out to a "global" company... big oil. When this happened, all management and executives were replaced with corporate cronies. There was no loyalty paid back...

Advice to Management

Don't sell out!

9. "Good place to make a good living."

Current Employee - Foreman in Chehalis, WA
    Current Employee - Foreman in Chehalis, WA

Pros

Steady work and good wage

Cons

Hard Work but worth it.

Advice to Management

When you see someone doing extra and going beyond the call of duty, give them the recognition you would want yourself.