BGC Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I have joint BGC Group in early 2017" (in 6 reviews)

• "Agent Charmaine Tan has been very efficient in assisting with my job application" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Managers do not lead by example, but they are good at faulting members when not able to meet targets" (in 2 reviews)

• "However, on my first day, I received a call from BGC HR department that my contract is not meant for 11 months" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Recruitment Consultant"

I worked at BGC Group full-time

Pros

Constantly change, too much change in too short of time

Cons

High turn over, unlawful termination

BGC Group Response

May 30, 2018 – Operations Executive

Hello there!

There's no doubt that change is a constant here at BGC - we need to continuously improve! As for the latter pointer, unlawful termination is a serious thing - so we had to check in... More

2. "Honest review (serious): Fun colleagues + food to celebrate every occasion"

I have been working at BGC Group full-time

Pros

Fun, vibrant, highly youth driven. You'd probably never find another recruitment agency with a culture like this in SG.

If you're somebody who is proactive and doesn't need constant hand-holding or pushing to go beyond your current work scope, this place has a lot to offer you in terms of career growth and developing your leadership potential (usually starting as mentors for the staffing side). If you don't like being micromanaged – try BGC.

Management is cautious (like any other) but they're open to hear you out - even interns can make a difference. You'd be given enough room for trial and error - as long as you show that you've thought things through. If you need guidance or support – all you need to do is ask for it and the team will sit and figure things out together.

The CEO doesn't care much for book smart people. What matters is showing and demonstrating that you care about growth. Daring to try is a huge thing.

People who like to dream big and spearhead projects will do very well here.

Teamwork is highly emphasised - it's an all for one and one for all thing. We're tending towards embracing our eastern values instead of a competitive western one.

FUN and lots of FOOD guaranteed. If you're not having fun at work within your team... maybe a more professional/ structured environment in an MNC would fit you better. BGC is more about being comfortable and casual. Sometimes work doesn't even feel like work because of the strong friendships you form here. Check out our #ILIVETO videos showcased on our facebook page for a better picture!
    Definitely can't rest on your laurels - change is a constant here. If you're looking for a cushy desk job with a fixed routine - don't bother applying. It's an overall very young environment and the people here are hired based on values and how keen they are to find purpose and personal growth.

If you're more of a solo contributor who prefers working in your own bubble and doesn't care much for teamwork… perhaps this place isn’t right for you.

Cons

Negative reviews seen here - are from a very different time that's before the reorganisation in the first quarter of 2017. In those times, highly driven sales individuals were paid really well - but this sometimes could be at the expense of teamwork and morale.

We can now confidently say that we are better aligned to the company's purpose, "Because We Care" - with a stronger sense of camaderie and less focus on cutthroat sales, insane targets dangled on your head, and more emphasis on finding candidates/clients the right fit, we do believe our candidates should be able to feel the difference when finding a job with us and other agencies. However, there will still be stress, because you have team targets to meet. Well, at least you aren’t alone.

Advice to Management

Communication is KEY. Keep it open, transparent and honest as always.

TBH, our male management could be softer with their words/ tact, but we really don't think they mean any harm.

Females (and maybe even males) who are more sensitive might take it the wrong way (this is coming from a female) – just needs time getting used to. Well at least that's what we learnt. Don't worry though - the boss is well aware of his shortcomings and is constantly trying to improve as part of continuous growth.

"Bad experience"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at BGC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to experience the worst in your career, so in the future you are able to handle any challenge in your future career.

Cons

Biased management with no clear direction. Bad company culture, a lot of peer pressure and discrimination. Management goes back on their words. Management does not trust employees and does not listen to feedback.

Advice to Management

No point giving advice, since management does not listen.

4. "Job Opportunities"

Current Employee - Retail Consultant in MacPherson (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Retail Consultant in MacPherson (Singapore)

I have been working at BGC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Cons

Slow in reply mails to the candidates

5. "Consultant"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at BGC Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very different culture from other recruitment companies where everyone is vying for candidates. Here, I enjoy the team work and brainstorming with team mates. It's truly a much enjoyable working environment and I don't have to drag myself out from bed to work!

Cons

Provide different selection of fruits rather than red apples only

Advice to Management

I understand that your job is not easy and you are Helping Us By Making Us Think than giving us solution

6. "A Workplace in the Wonderland"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at BGC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have joint BGC Group in early 2017. This workplace is full of love and care from senior/managers as well as from your collegues. They give me their trust and confidence with their heart on completing assigned tasks. Here you will find lots of opportunities to develop not only your working skills but also your personality making you into a 360 talent and a better person. So far, I enjoyed pretty much working with my manager and my team. Besides, their management is also transparent enough which provide every staff a clear direction on the short/long-term development plan making sure every one of us to have the same direction and goals with the company.

Cons

This company is too good for lazy and bad people. If you are looking only for a "job" and get paid every month for nothing, this company might not suit you.

Advice to Management

I wish we could develop and improve together. Don't let us down.

7. "A Valuable Company"

I have been working at BGC Group full-time

Pros

Pros: They offer lots of opportunities. I feel love and cares from them. The company culture is young & energetic and it emphasize a lot in team bonding. Teammates and managers are helpful and friendly without any workplace politics issues. If you want to develop yourself into a 360 person, BGC will be your dream place to work in.

Cons

I love BGC gorup.

8. "Got placed with one of leading client thru BGC Group (HK) Limited"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at BGC Group (Less than a year)

Pros

BGC Group not just recruiting candidates for their leading clients, but are sowing the seeds of their reputation in global market.

Best hearts and minds of the people who work with BGC Group. Helps me to find suitable opportunity for my career growth, supportive in scheduling discussion with client’s & up to onboarding process. Still keeps good rapport with recruiter to maintain professional network. All The Best to HK Management (JoJo & her team).

Cons

Takes time for entire recruitment process, but still worth to wait to find suitable opportunity.

9. "Join at your own risk!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at BGC Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office.
    Good location in CBS

Cons

No clear direction
    Management practices is unclear
    Little growth
    Massive turnover including their internal staffs

Advice to Management

Nothing.

10. "No clear direction"

I worked at BGC Group full-time

Pros

It used to be fun loving env where consultants very target driven until the restructuring took place.

Cons

Not a good platform to do sales any more

Advice to Management

know your direction well before making any more changes