Bark.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 10 reviews

3.8
Bark.com CEO Kai Feller
Kai Feller
  1. "Good company, doesn't give a damn about its customer service dept."

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Bark.com for more than 2 years

Pros

Frequent socials, nice office, relaxed environment, probably great if you're in 'head office'.

Cons

Money is more important to them than people, little-no internal career progression, clients can be utterly ghastly, business model is designed to grab money any way possible.

Advice to Management

You're a hugely successful tech company with hockey-stick growth and you don't even pay your support team the London living wage. Onboarding 1 client generates more money than deleting 10: sort your metrics out.

Bark.com2019-04-02
  2. "Great stepping stone"

I worked at Bark.com full-time

Pros

Easy job. Good bunch of colleagues. Management easy to get along with.

Cons

Not the most exciting of jobs

Advice to Management

Keep keeping the workforce happy. It's a mundane job so

Bark.com2018-12-07
  3. "Great Leaders, Great Job"

Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England

I worked at Bark.com full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I came on early on to help develop their early prototypes to a launchable product. Great co-founders and generous perks, understanding environment and timeline as scope was consitantly changing (not in a bad way).

Cons

Some hesitation early on to move to a framwork which would have made the process smoother, and a questionable management hire early on.

Bark.com2018-09-26

"Approach with caution"

I worked at Bark.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talented and friendly team of people working there under the management team. Free fruit daily and free lunch on Friday.

Cons

Started. Was given a project with a 2 week deadline. No training or support given. 2 weeks later it turned out they had already done the work a year previously and it seemed like just a test. The 2 founders also had completely different expectations for the outcome. Anyway, I was then fired over the phone, told not to come back in and provided no feedback. In the short time I was there I also witnessed someone else...

Bark.com2018-08-14
  5. "Fantastic company to work for! Even as a temp!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Bark.com for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training from passionate managers, who genuinely want the company to grow! Excellent perks and above average pay! Felt like a proper member of the team from day one, even though I'm just a temp!

Cons

Would be nice to have more out of work social activities!

Advice to Management

Keep it up, and don't loose the culture as you continue to expand.

Bark.com2018-03-13

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Support Manager in London, England

I have been working at Bark.com full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Work Hard, Play Hard is what Bark is all about. We are a very close team and all work hard to reach the same goals. I've been with other companies previously where departments are very segregated but this is not what happens at Bark. We bounce ideas of each other all the time to ensure we are all going in the same direction (as a team). The staff socials are unbelievable and we have had some incredible experiences....

Cons

Nothing Negative to add at this time.

Bark.com2017-10-18
  7. "Life Changing Role"

Current Employee - Customer Support Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Bark.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Professional, outgoing & supportive team. - Opportunities to develop and have your input wherever necessary, opportunities to help with tasks outside your department. -No dull days, challenges and opportunities at every turn, be that helping clients or working with a colleague on improving the service. - Good energy within the team, everyone gets on & everyone is working towards the same goal.

Cons

Occasionally call volumes have been perhaps too much to handle for reduced staff levels, but I do love a challenge and this has only happened once or twice. As yet no direct pension scheme in place, this is a negative for me as I don't have a private one set up.

Advice to Management

Keep us in the loop wherever possible regarding plans and progression, we're all in this together and we love hearing whats going on - oh, and parties, we love parties.

Bark.com2017-10-18
  8. "Best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Operations in London, England

I have been working at Bark.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I started at Bark.com, it was after having worked at a large corporation - The companies couldn't have been more different. Within a few months of working at Bark, I had worked on tasks and projects with every teammate in every department. We all know each other, and work well together. During my time at Bark I've learned a great deal, having been shown tools, ideas and concepts in Marketing (PPC, CRM, and other...

Cons

The pace at which the company changes as it grows creates a constant challenge. The demand to improve on yourself is ever-present.

Advice to Management

We should continue to show further commitment to our Elite professionals by expanding on the number of features and benefits available to them. Additionally - Take us on another immense Christmas party!

Bark.com2017-10-17
  9. "Exciting and challenging environment that changes every day"

Current Employee - Tech in London, England

I have been working at Bark.com for more than 4 years

Pros

Bark is a classic startup - hard nosed, constantly changing, always challenging but also fun and exciting. Everyone around you is a very high calibre.

Cons

Sometimes a bit chaotic and you don't get much hand holding. Great for self-starters, but not so much for others.

Bark.com2017-10-17

"Horrific Place To Work"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at Bark.com full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There are loads of things that Andrew the MD will tell you that you can have but none of these ever come to fruition.

Cons

Andrew Michael, the owner, boasts that he is worth over £100m. He also believes that you should work 45 plus hours per week for him to make his next £100m. Absolutely zero training is given which results in people not doing the work as Andrew wants it done. When this happens he takes you into his office and fires you. This is very common practice at Bark which hence makes staff moral very low.

Bark.com2017-09-03