- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- - Paddington, England
Found 53 of over 55 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Fantastic team to work with where everyone has a voice to be heard, which can help influence the product we build." (in 8 reviews)
- "Management is always there to support you, but they simultaneously trust you to handle the situation." (in 6 reviews)
- "Amazing people here to work with and people to learn from." (in 4 reviews)
- "Open plan office, perfect for collaborating, hope the new office is as open" (in 3 reviews)
- "Amazing company culture, supportive, great benefits, office perks, private gym etc." (in 3 reviews)
- "Training wasn't great, resulted in me making lots of unnecessary mistakes in order to learn and progress." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 5, 2022 - Talent PartnerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great culture and helpful people throughout the organisation. Very smooth and insightful onboarding which sets you up for success. Alot of growth plans for 2023 which makes it a very exciting time to be onboard. Lots of flexibility and ownership in your area to really bring value and make it your own.
None I can think of.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Dec 1, 2022 - Quality AssuranceRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Highly ambitious and passionate team of super stars that are incredible to work with. Plenty of upskill opportunities (learning grant included too!) and career progression. The Engineering unit as a whole feels incredibly friendly and welcoming to work with.
Our growth and success has been so tremendous over the years that we sometimes need more staff on hand to help us get to the finish line.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 9, 2022 - Customer Success SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great culture, perfect job after uni. Team are all very friendly and helpful.
There isn't a clear career progression, although there are opportunities to join other departments if an opportunity arises
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 27, 2022 - Customer Success Agent in Paddington, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Promoting our product to the public
There is no cons here
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jun 14, 2022 - Manager in London, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
We have a really exciting few years ahead of us. There are great people everywhere, ones that are genuinely invested in propelling Bark forward. The socials are great and getting better and better! We are finding and creating more structures and no doubt the business will have changed so much (all for the better!) in the near future. The team all get on so well and despite growing quickly, we haven't compromised on the people we are hiring! I think there's friendly and supportive people at every turn- people ready to listen and improve/help you improve. I really love working here!
Nothing to really share here!Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 13, 2022 - Front End Developer in Paddington, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I honestly can't think of any positive reason why you would want to work at Bark unless you class getting drunk as a 'pro'.
I honestly now wonder why I took the job. I was in between jobs and the pay really wasn't that great but I thought at first it looked a decent place to work. Oh how wrong could I be? If you want to see how morally corrupt the CEO of Bark is then just Google 'Bark.com spam'. Read through the search results and ask yourself do you really want to be involved in this? The CEO isnt very smart so you will tend to find everything is done at a very low level. If you are a dev get ready for architecture from the 1990s. Don't try to explain anything to him or even try to suggest doing something properly he won't listen and will smash on making a mess of everything. Worst part is that the CEO actually think what they are doing is ground breaking. Oh yeah and the 'shares' you get in Bark.com are pretty worthless.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 23, 2021 - Salesperson in London, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Bark is a great place to work. Bark hire talented, ambitious and hardworking employees and culture reflects this. It's motivating to see company targets being hit quarter on quarter and this pushes you to do the best that you can within your role. If you reflect the values of the business and work hard then progression into leadership roles can be achieved relatively quickly. From a sales-perspective, the product is the best that I've encountered. There are little to no exceptions to the rule that businesses set up to work with Bark correctly will see fantastic ROI. There are many stories of multinational businesses being founded entirely on Bark which makes working directly with clients enjoyable and rewarding. Office-wise, the new office is a spacious and modern place to work. There are excellent off-site parties (outside of pandemic) and the benefits span wider than lunch on a Friday and beer taps with Private Health Insurance, cycle to work schemes and gym discounts also available to all staff.
The company culture is still emerging from the pandemic with teams slowly coming back into the office though this will be back to pre-pandemic levels in no time. As you'd expect with any tech company, the list of things to do is endless so often things can take a little while to implement however there are many talented people to help come up with solutions in the interim.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 3, 2022 - Customer ServiceRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good to get some experience and plenty of opportunities
Not a great wage. Poor management. Questionable ethics
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 28, 2022 - PartnershipsRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The strongest product in the market, with a really exciting future. A family feel culture with lots of nice and talented people
It's quite a demanding work environment but equally rewardingContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 24, 2021 - Partnerships Manager in Paddington, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people. They are talented and ambitious but also genuinely friendly and fun. I met a lot of my close friends working here. Bark adopts a culture of innovation and creates opportunity for staff to be involved at different stages of the business. They want to maintain a horizontal structure and hear what you think. Growing rapidly, there is huge opportunity for promotion and they recognise talent and hard work over anything. Fast growth makes working here exciting. You can see the tangible effects of what you are doing. There is a sense of being part of something thats going to be big.
As any newer business they are still figuring out growing pains in terms of internal processes.
Bark.com Reviews FAQs
Bark.com has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 55 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Bark.com to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
67% of Bark.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bark.com 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.