KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

61 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Basis Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Amazing Company!

Mar 10, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited PTO - 401K Matching - HSA Funding - Great Company Culture - Dedicated to Diversity & Inclusion

Cons

None at this time. The company is seeing a ton of growth in the industry & appreciates its employees as a direct correlation to that growth!

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so appreciative of your tenure with us and that you highly value our benefits, culture, and dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion. If you have any other feedback, know that my door is always open! Tyler (President)

2. 5.0

Outstanding Community

Jul 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Wonderful people - Flexible hours - Remote Optional - Great perks and benefits

Cons

- Daily hours fluctuate based on client needs

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for leaving a review on the outstanding community we have here at Basis! I love knowing you enjoy the people, flexibility, and perks & benefits package we offer. Since our org is focused on raving fan service for our clients, there may be times that work hours fluctuate. Please know your hard work and ability to be flexible do not go unnoticed! If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to tellusmore@basis.net. April (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Underpaid & over worked/ no structure

Jun 1, 2022 - Digital Media Associate in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice but you can find that at any company

Cons

They expect you to work longer than 8 hours. Had multiple days where my manager/vp would need help to get things finished before EOD and have me on until 6-7pm. So incredibly underpaid, I took the position knowing it was a pay cut because I wanted to get some marketing experience and expected it to be lower since it was entry level but was forced to work longer hours and have more projects than any previous job I had before as well as be paid way less. I believe it’s taking advantage of its entry level employees Denied a 5k pay raise to one of my colleagues who had been working there for about a year and a very hard worker who worked on multiple clients so definitely don’t expect to make much or get bonuses as an entry level position Last but not least NO STRUCTURE! No organization whatsoever, training was awful, and there was no resources to go and get information. There were some associates who were on 5 accounts And some who were on 2 which is not fair to be on the same pay grade and there is no organization or structure about how many accounts an associate can take, they just expect you to handle depending on the pod your on and will only hire someone else when you work after hours and have to tell them.

3 people found this review helpful

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your experience at Basis Technologies. I’m sorry that you felt overworked and underpaid during your time here. Our entry-level employees are pivotal to our organization and we want associates to get experience and feel set up for success from the get-go. We’ve worked hard on our training and onboarding programs like New Hire Orientation and Media Services Bootcamp to ramp our employees appropriately, and I’m disappointed to hear you felt unprepared. We balance workload distribution and resource allocation as much as possible, but client work does fluctuate. I wish you luck in your next position and if you have any further feedback, please email tellusmore@basis.net. April (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

4. 4.0

Great People and Culture

Aug 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, culture, and strong product

Cons

Low salaries can be discouraging

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great People & Work-life Balance

Jun 23, 2022 - User Experience Researcher in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall the company treats employees with respect in the form of great benefits and work life balance.

Cons

The product organization can feel a bit reactionary at times instead of proactive.

Continue reading

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for sharing your experience at Basis! The culture of respect, great benefits, and work-life balance are in place to ensure our employees feel like their best selves. With a growing team and developing product, I can understand the feeling of being reactive, but we are focused on the roadmap and being as proactive as possible! If you have additional feedback and feel comfortable doing so, I encourage you to reach out to me personally or to tellusmore@basis.net. Hiten (Chief Product Officer)

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company Culture

May 20, 2022 - DMA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are super nice, there are sometimes events that can be fun.

Cons

Compensation is super low compared to other businesses. The company culture is not what they make it seem like in interviews. Don’t expect to only work 9-5 with an hour lunch break, that will not be happening. It is not worth the pay you are offered, and they say promotions are based off of working skills and not merit. This is not true, they do not appreciate a hard working mentality they will try to keep you in a spot that you aren’t able to grow in.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. I’m happy you found joy in your coworkers and events, however, am disappointed you struggled with workload and concerns around compensation. We appreciate hard work and our biannual merit and promotion process allows eligible employees to be reviewed for increases. I wish you luck in your next position and if you have any further feedback, please email tellusmore@basis.net. April (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

7. 5.0

Paid Search Specialist

Jun 18, 2022 - Paid Search Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot's of new learning opportunities and great time collaboration

Cons

Working hours and workload can be strenuous at times. Make sure you take frequent breaks!

Basis Technologies Response

Welcome to Basis! I’m thrilled to read that you have enjoyed both the cross-functional collaboration and the learning opportunities that are present here. Work-life balance is important to us and we have heard the feedback regarding workload and hours on the media services side. We are continuing to work with department heads to address balance across all teams. If you have additional feedback to share, I encourage you to reach out to tellusmore@basis.net. April (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Place to Work

Jun 13, 2022 - Senior Digital Media Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They truly care about their employees and show it with a wide range of benefits and incentives.

Cons

Everyone is really nice. If you are not into that, this isn't your place.

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! I love reading how you feel cared for here at Basis Technologies through the people, benefits, and incentives. If you have anything else to share, feel free to reach out to tellusmore@basis.net. April (EVP, Media Services and Operations)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company!

Jun 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great & supportive team to work with.

Cons

No downsides. Everyone contributes to create a healthy work culture.

Basis Technologies Response

I’m so happy to read how much your team and their support mean to you. A healthy culture is exactly what we are striving for! If you would like to share more, please write to us tellusmore@basis.net. Emily (EVP, Talent and Development)

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company that cares about employees

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

WFH No pressure Friendly and flexible working environment

Cons

The compensation and the raises expectation part is not clearly structured. There are ambiguity as to what to do to get to next level.

Basis Technologies Response

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a review! I’m happy to read that you enjoy our remote-first policy, as well as our friendly and flexible working environment. We believe flexibility is the future of work and want to ensure our employee’s health and happiness by doing so. I appreciate your feedback around compensation and salary increases. Our bi-annual performance assessment and development program provides an opportunity for you to formally review your performance and career path with your manager, but please feel free to connect with them or your talent partner at any time if you have unanswered questions. Emily (EVP, Talent and Development)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 325 Reviews

Basis Technologies Reviews FAQs

Basis Technologies has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 345 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Basis Technologies to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Basis Technologies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Basis Technologies. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

79% of Basis Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Basis Technologies 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Basis Technologies to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Basis Technologies Job Seekers