Be Relax Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Be Relax full-time

Pros

Wonderful opportunities within the company. Great co workers and interesting people daily. Family like company.

Cons

Would like the location to be a bit larger and more locations within the LAX Airport.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the amazing job you're doing.

2. "The Journey is yours"

Current Employee - General Manager in Bwi Airport, MD
    Current Employee - General Manager in Bwi Airport, MD

I have been working at Be Relax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Be Relax Spa is the best company I have ever worked for. Its diversity and strong corporate support is an employees dream. Just imagine coming to work each day and actually enjoying what you do, not feeling like it's a burden to show up but to actually feel pride in knowing that your work ethics are not in vain. Having a team of positive individuals who will help you grow and be the best possible you. Now let's not forget the icing on the cake, to also be acknowledge and rewarded for the efforts you make whether big or small, who could resist an opportunity to become a part of this team.

Cons

Not being able to share the Spa experience to customers who are not traveling within the airports.

Advice to Management

Continue to be a company that's a force to be reckoned with and you will continue to see exceptional employees.

3. "Best Company Ever!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Be Relax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, Get to meet people from all over the world, Health Insurance, Retirement Fund, Paid Vacations. Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Would like to see more locations open up here at LAX

Advice to Management

Please keep up the great work and continue growing the company!

4. "A great place to grow."

Current Employee - General Manager in Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - General Manager in Jamaica, NY

I have been working at Be Relax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started with Be Relax in 2014 as a Massage Therapist. By February of 2015, I was made the General Manager of the JFK site. It wasn't a very easy transition. Once looks at the spa and thinks, "This is easy peasy to run!" However, it was far from it. My boss, Tina, was patient, she taught me things and provided the necessary tools I needed to succeed. My friend and colleague, one of Tina's "tools" helped me with a basis; she wanted me to succeed, while another assisted in simplifying things. I love working for Tina and Nicolas, unfortunately I don't Fredrick very well, but I am told he is great also! In Be Relax we are like small business owners, while it is a place where one can learn and provides the forum for both learning and growth.

Cons

Sometimes, dealing with Paris not easy due to the time difference.

5. "Best company to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Be Relax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As Be Relax is a growing company, there are many opportunities to develop your talents and extend work skills. Co-workers are also very nice, warm and supportive. If you are looking for a company that gives you a lot of opportunities to develop your career, I highly recommend you to join Be Relax.

Cons

You may work for variety projects even though it may not be directly related with your department. However, it might be a good opportunity to understand an entire business and extend your skills.

6. "Assistant Of Business Development"

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

I had a great internship at Be Relax, there is a multicultural team. I was able to learn different things and work on challenging projects. It is a young team that communicate well and doesn't hesitate to help.

Cons

My internship was quiet short, so I can't really tell.

7. "Part-Time Employee"

I have been working at Be Relax part-time

Pros

Airport Atmosphere. Generous Clients. Commission + Tips. Educational Growth.

Cons

Majority of the employees are poorly trained, unprofessional licensed therapists or cosmetologists, non-dependable and unappreciative.

Advice to Management

Consistency.

8. "Do not fall in Love. Be Love. Be Relax."

Current Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Be Relax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many advantages and opportunities offered by working through Be Relax. The fact that I meet people who come from all different parts of the world is fascinating! I do not get to travel often (because I work here), but whenever I talk with a customer or client from outside the U.S I feel their sense of culture present in the spa. Too bad they can't bring their traditional food with them. But just being in the space with these people is joyful nontheless. I appreciate my management team who have been patient with me throughout my time working here. They have helped me grow tremendously as an individual. With their help I feel more comfortable being myself, and in turn I help the spa with sales. My coworkers are nice people, and we get along for the most part. We do not always but that's how families are. This is more than a team, we are a family. And those who work in different Be Relaxes (other than San Diego-- that's where I am) are like distant cousins I never see. But the love is still there and that's what matters. I also like how we can trade massages with each other and use the massage products. It's a great form of self care.

Cons

Oh my.... this part. Well-- everyday is going to be different in the airport. Some days are busier than others; such is life. I am usually closing on the weekdays. With that being said, sometimes closing is a smooth process, and other times it's less than relaxing. When I close most of the time I close by myself, and I'm not able to help all customers. If I'm doing a 20 minute chair massage, there maybe a few humans looking at our memory foam pillows in awe. But I can't talk to them because I'm doing a service, and they end up walking away without a pillow. Many times I've been alone performing a service, and folks come in also looking for a service. They'll ask me "are you the only one here?" and I'll tell them I am, point them to our closest menu/waiting list, and let them know when I'll be finished. So in trying to schedule the next client, I take my attention off my current client who's relaxing in the chair. This doesn't happen everyday, but when it does it is less than ideal for everyone. It is not ideal for me, as the massage therapist, because I want to focus my time & attention on my current client. But I also have to help other clients looking for services, and it's also not ideal for them because they need help figuring out which service is best for them and they don't have my full attention. It's on the client I'm currently massaging. And the current client does not receive my full attention for a few moments because I'm telling other clients how much time I have and telling them to sit in the massage lounger until I finish.

Advice to Management

Throughout the past few weeks we have not had a cosmetologist available on Saturdays, and as a result I have had to turn down many clients. I let them know I can compensate them with the massage lounger for 15 minutes, but these clients come in looking for nail services. But again-- every day (every week in this case) is going to be different. Around Spring time I understand there are a lot more people flying in & out of San Diego for Spring Break, so there is an increased demand for nail services on Saturdays. A cosmetologist would be ideal to have on Saturdays to service these clients, and is what I would recommend. That way the spa can make more money during busy times.

9. "Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Development in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Boston, MA

I have been working at Be Relax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Be Relax is a company that believes in its people and promotes good employees. There are great career opportunities, especially if you are willing to travel.

Cons

It is not really a con, but if you are not flexible or able to travel, your opportunities, at least in management are limited.

10. "Supply Chain"

I have been working at Be Relax full-time

Pros

Friendly working environment, open communication

Cons

time difference with headquarter delays the communications