Bilingual Source Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Bilingual Source full-time

Pros

Build your own work day
    Meet great people
    Amazing career for the go getter / Entrepreneur
    Create goal, meet targets, work hard play hard office environment.

Cons

Like any other business owner, if sales are not coming in, that means you will probably have to work longer days to gain momentum. But that's par for the course in this industry.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, we have a great team and I love working here.

2. "Excellent Employer - They strive to make their employees successful"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bilingual Source (Less than a year)

Pros

After working here 3 months, it's clear why Bilingual Source has continued to be an industry leader in recruitment for over 30 years. They provide excellent, ongoing training for their employees. This is consistent, on the job feedback from people within the organization. There is an open concept office and open communication between colleagues and management. Everyone works hard, and is professional and efficient in dealing with each other, clients, and our candidates. There is no micromanagement and the culture is quite positive. Compensation is competitive, and there is a great opportunity to control your own income.

Cons

If you are not self- motivated and lack sales skills, you may not be successful. You have to manage your own day and you need a bit of time to establish your candidate base and really grasp the position.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Solid Employer in the Recruitment Industry!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Bilingual Source has been a good employer to me, they have been flexible when I needed time to take care of personal matters, provided me with great training and personal growth and development. This is a good training ground for people that are looking to grow their career in sales and also learn a new skill in recruitment. Busy, fast paced environment.

Cons

Recruitment is a stressful business that can cause conflict, especially working on a busy sales floor. No major cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Continue to move forward, adapt to the changing economy and current work place trends. Continue to focus on using the most up to date technology that is available to you.

"Great People, Great Culture, Great Training"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bilingual Source full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredibly supportive culture with an incredible focus on training and mentoring.
    The learning and duties of the job are unbelievable, I’m brokering deals finding people great jobs while making Money and having fun.

Cons

Highly completive but I love it!
    Hard work but I love it!
    It’s not a job it’s a career!

Advice to Management

Great Job!

"Think Twice!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bilingual Source full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent training. Learn then get out, is my recommendation

Cons

Owner Sleeps with employees, dodges paying commission where he can

Advice to Management

Become honest

"This is a sales environment."

I have been working at Bilingual Source full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training, especially for new hires that have little to no recruitment experience. The training is probably the strongest aspect of working at Bilingual Source.
    - Great team atmosphere with a work hard, play hard attitude.
    - Convenient and accessible central location in Mid Town Toronto.
    - Lots of very constructive feedback from Management.

Cons

- This is a sales environment, which can be a "Con" for some. If you aren't used to a smaller firm type of sales environment, this job is not for you.
    - If you are new to recruitment, it will take you some time to get used to interacting with candidates; everything from lying about career gaps and criminal records, to unrealistic expectations and everything in-between.
    - Your KPIs don't always solely reflect your own work ethic: it's a balancing act between management's goals, client expectations and candidate performance.

Bilingual Source Response

Jan 12, 2016

Thank you for your review. We're happy that you enjoyed our training and team atmosphere. We are really proud of everyone here.

"Amazing employer, great training & very rewarding."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bilingual Source full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bilingual Source has proven to be an excellent employer. They took me out of a call centre, and showed me how to recruit and I've never looked back. I don't really understand why someone would complain about this employer. They treat employees very well and have a generous package and great vacation time. Love the half days in the summer!

Cons

None. Like life in general, this place is what you make of it. If you have a strong work ethic, you will do very well.

Advice to Management

Great job!

Bilingual Source Response

Jan 12, 2016

Thank you for the positive review! We look forward to many more years to come.

"Horrible, horrible place to work."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bilingual Source full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will come out trained to do well at most other companies. It truly is recruiter boot camp, and if you survive long enough to absorb those learnings, you will have a work ethic that future employers will find almost god-like.

Cons

It is abusive. Employees are pitted against one another. The owner of the company thinks he owns his employees. There is no flexibility, it is like a prison. You must be at your desk, you can't be 1 minute late, you can't leave at 5:00 without risking the wrath of your boss. You are expected to eat, sleep, and breathe Bilingual Source for $30k per year plus a measly 10% commission. All told, if you really grit your teeth, swallow your pride, and devote your life to this company, you might make $45k in your first year.

You will also notice that 1 or 2 people have hoarded all of the good accounts left behind by past employees who finally had enough. This leaves the rest of the team to find for scraps, making the job that much more difficult.

Advice to Management

Get with the times. Retention is your biggest problem, and it starts with the environment. Take responsibility for the real problem - you!