CDM Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Kyle Barich

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is fully achieved here with flexible work hours, great benefits, and office incentives (in 9 reviews)

• Great people who get the job done is a heavy regulated market (in 16 reviews)

Cons

"Great Clients, Great Work, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at CDM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fact-paced agency doing some great strategic and creative work in the Princeton, New Jersey area. Everyone is invested in making the agency and work great.

Cons

Definitely a bit crazy at times, with a less than ideal head count.

Advice to Management

Need better recruitment efforts focused on the NJ area.

"Junior Art Director"

Current Employee - Junior Art Director
    Current Employee - Junior Art Director

I have been working at CDM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and people always good work and life balance, you will still have late nights but people do not question and 100% respect hardstops and all vacation time without feeling threatened.

Cons

Bad IT and minor occasions (but often) lack of communication between art and account.

Advice to Management

Nothing! Ted and Chris do their best to keep all employees happy, healthy, respected while also producing great work. Always showing they care and they're intune with what's going on and willing to show they're just lack us often taking a back seat and putting employees first.

"Worthy work"

I have been working at CDM full-time

Pros

Smart, innovative shop. Strong creative.

Cons

Recruitment needs to increase significantly.

"Growing with an optimistic outlook!"

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at CDM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've stayed at CDM Princeton for the past 4 years because of the collaborative, team player environment, and the bar we set for ourselves to create award-winning, lifechanging experiences. When everybody lives up to our core values (substance, style, conviction, and grace), this place runs like a well-oiled machine, turning around great work for every client.

Cons

Like I said, I've been here 4 years, but in the past 6-8 months, I've experienced an all-time low in work/life balance. Besides needing to handle some clients better (I think this is every agency), we are GROWING, which means we have more work than we have people to handle it. In 2017, we had a 75% pitch win rate, and senior leadership is actively working to fill in the gaps with people that live up to our values and fit into our culture.

Advice to Management

I know growth is good, and I don't know if there's a solution for this because we don't necessarily want to turn away work, but maybe there's a way to be more transparent with clients so they know the resources we have available to us for the amount of work we're being given right now.

"Good place for growth"

I have been working at CDM full-time

Pros

Great mentorship from managers, accessibility to upper management and partners

Cons

still waiting to see how promotions are achieved

6. "Worst job"

I worked at CDM full-time

Pros

Free fruit and booze to keep employees happy. Not working .

Cons

Very clique group will never take blame for anything and point the finger at someone else. Upper management is the worst. Not a surprise they keep losing business and not winning any pitches.

Advice to Management

Wake up!!

"Top caliber creative"

I have been working at CDM full-time

Pros

It's intense, but the creative work is outstanding. If you want to learn from the best, spend some time here. Consider it advertising bootcamp. You'll be impressed. And you'll be surrounded by some amazingly talented people, and build your resume and portfolio. Bonus: great location, excellent benefits, plus lots of time off including between Christmas and New Years.

Cons

Like I said, it's intense.

Advice to Management

Staffing is critical.

8. "A new regime"

I worked at CDM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good location, lots of beer/wine, and fresh fruit daily.

Cons

New president and new leadership were brought in to salvage the remaining talent, but this has only driven more away. Another omnicom company has joined the floor, further feeding into the low morale. Glory days are over. People are overworked and not getting promoted. Some are being forced out of the agency. The toxicity is infectious.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and take care of them. It's not all about you and saving yourselves. Have some character.

9. "Play Favorites"

Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY

I worked at CDM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work culture
    Kind, respectful coworkers

Cons

Difficult to be recognized, noticed, or promoted--it all depends on the group you work for

Advice to Management

Pay attention to all your employees--have higher ups check in with employees

"Toxic environment with a revolving door"

I have been working at CDM full-time

Pros

This is not a review written by an angry ex-employee. It’s a review written by someone who has been there and will choose to leave because the environment has become so very toxic. Pros? Fresh fruit. Pros? alcohol is free flowing.Much of the talent has walked out the door over the past two years. Talent that they choose to keep are bitter Angry and frustrated. Instead of build you up they tear you down. They are wonderful at placing blame.And they seem to get pleasure out of it.

Cons

The cons are many. It starts with senior leadership. Clueless and quick to lay blame instead of take responsibility. This includes their laughable revolving door in human resources. Anyone who is good who points out the inequity in Treatment and bad behavior of others is forced out the door. Yet they keep acquiring more agencies. They are wonderful at placing blame.This only perpetuates the cycle.

Advice to Management

Look hard and close at what you’re doing and why. Look at the clients who have walked out the door and who you choose to keep. It is so unfortunate that something that was so well thought of and highly regarded in the industry is no longer.