Found 1,799 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Benefits and tuition reimbursement" (in 112 reviews)
- "Overall the Christus Spohn Hospital is a great place to work and people are great." (in 77 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great" (in 51 reviews)
- "Staff was great and had a quality control perspective" (in 44 reviews)
- "Faith Based and great culture" (in 30 reviews)
- "Low pay Bonus/ pay raises are rare" (in 129 reviews)
- "Company had poor management for all" (in 101 reviews)
- "Senior leadership doesn't follow their own code of ethics and is still violating the false claims Act it settled for 5 mil" (in 33 reviews)
- "Upper management at Corporate is clueless." (in 29 reviews)
- "Micro Managers, Petty across the board, always had to find a problem with everything instead of letting you do the job they hired you for." (in 25 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of CHRISTUS Health and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJun 22, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Always have continued offers of education Great management
Always busy but that’s everywhere in healthcare
- 4.0Nov 16, 2023Registered Nurse, Float PoolCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsShreveport, LA
For being the less prominent of the three main hospitals in the area, they're fairly organized. Doctor/nurse relations are pretty easy-going with minor exceptions. Private hospital, so all physicians are contracted out from different groups. Hospitalists are a mixed bag, but a majority are well respected and knowledgeable.
Administration has no interest in the concerns of staff, only concerned with the bottom line. Not uncommon for this facility to cycle through a new CNO every 1-2 years, bringing in a host of unanimously unpopular changes. Does, at times, push for unsafe ratios.
- 1.0Dec 4, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearTyler, TX
- Educational opportunities are plentiful via web-based learning; - 180 hours of PTO is credited on day 1; - Insurance coverage is adequate; - Onboarding process (in person, not the online part) was great
- This hospital does not believe in calling report when patients are admitted or transferred between units; - Lowest pay in the region; The following apply to OCC, based on my experiences: - Assignments are not equitable (some nurses routinely have no admits while others have multiple admissions each shift); - No continuity with patient assignments when returning the following day; - Assignments tend to change more than an hour after you have received report, passed meds, and completed your patient assessment; - Self scheduling exists in theory but is ignored in practice; Several rooms do not have a shower and these patients must share a community shower; - Rain and cold air blows through cracks in the foundation and the windows; - Schedules are changed by management with less than 12 hours notice; - Lunch breaks rarely occur (yet staff is told to clock out whether a break was taken or not); - Supplies are rarely in stock; - Phlebotomy often calls after 0500 to inform that they are short staffed and nurses have to draw morning labs; - For a “ministry” dedicated to Jesus Christ, His name is blasphemed regularly; - Inappropriate conversations occur at the nursing station yet no action is taken when reported to the director; - Look at the pictures for Christus Health—medical equipment is piled on counters and overflowing into the sink. There is no pride in the department.
- 5.0Nov 3, 2023Contracts AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIrving, TX
If you do your corporate job well you get the rewards, great benefits bonus and PTO policy. There were some really crappy employee's who didn’t work and would delegate all their work to others. And then whine to leadership. They are now gone so the rest of us are happy again
Honestly good people there and good mission
- 3.0Dec 5, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAlexandria, LA
The benefits are pretty good.
Not enough staff. Too much responsibility on critical care nurses with no help. Clocks you out for lunches you don’t take.
- 4.0Nov 12, 2023Senior SQL DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Great company to work at if you want to have a good start in the industry.
CEO and executive mindset is a little antiquity in regards to WFH.
CHRISTUS Health Reviews FAQs
CHRISTUS Health has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,923 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at CHRISTUS Health to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
60% of CHRISTUS Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CHRISTUS Health 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.