CTP Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fred Conover

1. "Creative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at CTP (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities, mentorship, clients, culture, people. Everything. And the work-life balance is better than most. Plus, there's a bagel day.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints in mind. I think the compensation could be a bit better for some positions, but overall very happy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I'm really happy to be here and know that my co-workers are as well.

"Media Intern Turned to Media Coordinator"

Current Employee - Media Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Media Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at CTP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started as a Media Buying/Planning Intern, and after 2 months, was promoted to a Media Coordinator and couldn't be happier. There is definitely opportunity for growth at CTP!

More things I love about CTP:
    -The people. Coming in as an intern, I was afraid that I would be seen as "only an intern" and treated differently, but that was farthest from true! My team took me in right away and treated me as one of them, as did the entire CTP office. Only being here a short time, I've made great relationships with my coworkers and fellow interns - it makes me love coming in to work everyday.

-The culture. CTP encompasses everything I've wanted when it comes to company culture. It's a relaxed atmosphere, but you know everyone is working hard. Coworkers aren't just coworkers, they're friends too. Teams are very collaborative. The whole office is very into overall wellness, so we get a kitchen stocked with healthy organic foods and fruits, group yoga classes and soccer teams, paint nights, and so much more to ensure that CTP employees are well.

-The learning. I'm learning so many interesting things about media and the industry as a whole on a daily basis.

-The location and office. CTP is conveniently located in the North End of Boston in a warehouse-type office with an open floor plan that is just the coolest.

-The perks! Cold brew coffee on tap and fresh ground coffee are both available, Bagel Thursdays, stocked kitchen of healthy foods, the opportunity to win money for participating in agency events/working on your wellness, Paint nights, and SO much more - CTP is very good to its employees.

Cons

When I started out as an intern, my workload started out very slow. However, it eventually picked up so be patient! You just have to gain the trust of your team and they will start handing off some of their projects to you.

Also, I wish CTP had more big clients. A lot of clients, media clients at least, are smaller or local. It would be cool to work with some bigger clients with bigger budgets so we could do bigger things!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing to cultivate the CTP culture -- it truly matters and makes employees so much happier.

3. "Account Management Intern"

Current Employee - Account Management Intern
    Current Employee - Account Management Intern

Pros

- Office culture: Everyone is welcoming, creative, and passionate about their positions. From bagel Thursdays to paint night and other office-wide festivities, there is a great spirit that fills this office

- Attitude toward interns: Everyone here welcomes you and delegates meaningful work. Interns are quickly considered integral parts of the team and not just temporary stand-ins. Additionally, interns have opportunities to collaborate and are encouraged to be part of office events together.

- Clients: CTP has some really incredible clients that are really fun to work on. Save the Children and the Red Sox are a few of the most notable. It definitely shows that CTP is able select clients that challenge employees help build a presence in the industry

- Opportunity: Proactivity pays off big time and opens the doors to more opportunities and projects. In addition, if an intern is really blending well with with their team, they can be invited to stay for another semester.

-Philanthropy: Giving back is really valued here and that is evident in many things CTP does.

Cons

There's not really anything significant to note here. We are in the middle of an office move (heading up a floor in the same building), so interns don't have a set work space. That will likely change with the new office though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome culture here! I love that interns and higher management can collaborate openly. It has really been a pleasure being part of something that's so great.

"Not for the long term.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at CTP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the culture and people. And, you can't beat the office and location. They make an effort to make people feel welcome and part of the team. There are a lot of team-building and other fun activities. Some of the accounts are interesting, but smaller budgets and local. On the surface it is a good place to work if you are looking for a basic 9-5 job. Hours not as bad as the big agencies mostly because the accounts are smaller.

Cons

The biggest issue is that there is no opportunity for growth. The senior team has been here for a very long time and not going anywhere. Management is pretty old school advertising and PR, so it is not a place for very cutting edge digital marketing. Also, we are pretty small compared to the big players, so CTP only gets small to mid size local accounts making opportunities for learning limited. The job is good for now as I sort out my long term plans, but it is not a place if you are looking for career growth, or if you want to work on large and cool accounts. There are also communication issues among departments and at times, too many meetings.

Advice to Management

Think about selling or merging with a larger agency or you will be challenged to attract top talent and accounts. There will be more losses like the recent media loss to a bigger agency with more capabilities. It is also the reason why there has been turnover. The perception is that it is not a company for ambitious younger people. Honestly, we are seen as more of a home for some long time ad agency veterans.

"Intern"

Pros

Everyone is very welcoming and willing to teach you whether or not you're in their department.

Cons

Projects were small and limited to local companies.

"Talented teams, poor communication."

I worked at CTP (More than a year)

Pros

So many talented people who work here with lots of potential for growth.

Cons

Unfortunately seemed like there was a lot of talking behind closed doors. Overall poor communication between upper management and employees.

"Challenging work environment with great culture and unique benefits!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at CTP (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great for gaining lots of experience. Small agency gives lots of opportunity to dig in to areas/projects of interest.
    If you speak up, management listens/considers ideas.
    Company has a comprehensive employee program to allow for people to engage in professional development, philanthropy and health/wellness activities. Its a very unique benefit to have a company with a program dedicated to helping people grow as professionals and feel good as individuals.

Cons

Some people don't like to wear lots of hats. Those folks don't last long.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people!

"Best agency I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Vice President Management Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President Management Supervisor in Boston, MA

I worked at CTP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely Family Friendly
    Egos are left on the curb on the way in
    Fair, Fun, Forward Thinking
    Talented crew

Cons

As a result of size, some departments are missing (art buying, legal).

Advice to Management

Senior Management, remain approachable. Don't lose sight of the family friendly environment as you grow. Make sure everyone in the agency is getting reviews/feedback. Everyone can use constructive criticism.

"A great agency experience"

Former Employee - Account Team in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Team in Boston, MA

I worked at CTP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are very talented people at CTP. They make you strive to create better work, better ideas. Half the agency are from big shops and thrive without all the ego and red tape/process.
    CTP is a family. They care about you. And they believe in offering work/life balance. They don't just offer it as a benefit, they really deliver on it.
    CTP promotes from within and presents opportunities for employees to get involved.
    Loved the Book club, organic foods and all the outings and parties.

Cons

Not as many resources as larger agencies.

Advice to Management

Continue to retain the culture. You have created a special place and an agency unlike any I have ever worked for.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at CTP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team-oriented, supportive, integrated environment. Senior management is involved, creative and willing to work with you. There is collaboration between all departments allowing broad range of experience across departmental 'borders'. Definitely a group that lives by the 'work hard, play hard' mantra.

Cons

Little structure for growth while I was there, but think as the company has grown that has changed.