CUES Reviews | Glassdoor

CUES Reviews

Found 12 reviews

2.7
  1. "Drafter"

I have been working at CUES full-time

Pros

The Flexibility is amazing! I love working here!

Cons

Take employees concerns more into account.

CUES2018-12-03
  2. "Good ol boy atmosphere"

I worked at CUES full-time

Pros

A lot of great employees

Cons

Management doesn't listen to long-term employees ideas on Manufacturing. It's Management's way or the highway. Most management is very narcissistic. And all reality they're Liars that have never done some of what they say they have.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and don't always feel that you're correct and no the only way.

CUES2018-11-30
  3. "Manufacturing"

Current Employee - Monkey in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CUES full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Steady under paid check every week

Cons

Management will berate,harasses, be little your intelligence. HE will do Nothing to protect you. It's the "Good ok boy" system. They will lie to you non stop.

Advice to Management

Do what you say. Stop the smoke and mirrors show. People are not buying it.

CUES2018-03-09
  4. "Good company to gain experience"

Current Employee - Electronics Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CUES full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Overall friendly environment to work in. Hours are flexible and work is fairly easy.

Cons

Lacking a solid structure for training. Pay is on the low end compared to similar companies.

CUES2017-12-06
  5. "The company culture is behind the times"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Orlando, FL

I worked at CUES full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

none to list from my experience.

Cons

Management needs continuous training. There's no PMP in place. The lead engineers behave like children. More complaining than working out issues. Micro management practices. Team leads miss every project target date. Undermining new ideas. Skeptical when presented with innovations.

Advice to Management

Assign competent managers to projects, not narrow minded engineers.

CUES2017-06-10
    • "Good company to gain experience"

Former Employee - Technician

I worked at CUES full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Match 401k, started out with 2 week vacation, new employees not so lucky. Manager at cues west location is awesome.

Cons

Micromanage, no compensation for good work, no room for advancement, insurance no good, does not care about employees suggestions, plan out simple not a place to work if you want to make a honest living.

Advice to Management

Out with the old in with the new

CUES2017-03-29

"Great, if you work with the right people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at CUES

Pros

If you have the right boss, it makes all the difference; mine was absolutely excellent, and an advocate on my part.

Cons

There's an old-school "be tough" attitude, and a good ole boys network. If you're not in, you're out.

Advice to Management

Support employees more, be willing to let some control from the top tier of management be delegated, and get rid of of bad actors.

CUES2016-10-04

"Great work environment, laid back atmosphere and good people to work with"

Former Employee - Electronics Repair Tech in Orlando, FL

I worked at CUES

Pros

Very laid back work environment, can wear what you like and never have to be out in the weather and temp is always a nice 72 deg. Pay is good for both someone who is getting started in the Electronics field and for those who have some experience too. Benefits are good and you get to take most of the holidays off including a week at Christmas for plant shutdown. There is a lot of room for movement to higher areas if you...

Cons

Technicians do have to work some long Hrs after probation period is over. Most days are 10Hrs a day 5 days a week and half day some Saturdays too.

Advice to Management

Get to know your techs as more than just someone who sits at a bench and does good work, get to know them as a person too. This way you might be able to better understand when they have some personal issues that need to be taken care of.

CUES2015-02-24

"Wasn't what I expected!"

Former Employee - CAD Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at CUES full-time for more than a year

Pros

The nature of the work.... if there is any. Additionally, the people are great and extremely friendly. Starting salary was pretty decent with full benefits.

Cons

Lack of direction and the training was almost non-existent. Fend for yourself type of mentality. No sense of accomplishment or praise from management. No feedback from management for new employees to know where strengths and weaknesses are.

Advice to Management

When you hire someone due to an impeccable resume with proven skills and inform them that it could take a good 6 months to learn the nature of the job (every company is different with different products), have them relocate to start work, and then lay off the employee with no excuse, please do not waste time and money with the hiring process. If you know that business decreases during a particular time of the year and...

CUES2015-01-29

"Good place to earn a paycheck"

Current Employee - N/A in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CUES full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Stable. Very few layoffs. Do your job and you'll succeed. There are good people working here, but the best get their talents stifled. Some good people do fine jobs in spite of the culture. Also, the one-woman HR department is great.

Cons

The owner has his fingers in everything and, paradoxically, won't do anything; "I know I'm not a ____ but I think..." If you don't know a thing, aren't your opinions about it mostly invalid? In this age, you can hire a consultant or professional to do just about anything, but CUES won't wise up.

Advice to Management

Hire your weaknesses. Get rid of the old employees that are stiff, bad actors, holding back progress. From what I hear there really, really needs to be an official Engineering Manager, who's an actual engineer and not a business guy. Also, stop tolerating ignorant intuition, and deal in facts.

CUES2014-10-17