CallRail Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Andy Powell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Culture and team"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great team and such a great environment to grow and learn and work. No complaints plus catered lunches every tuesday!!!

Cons

could get a little messy in terms of management since its still a new company but as an employee, you ae treated very fairly

"Get it together"

I have been working at CallRail full-time

Pros

The snacks and location are great

Cons

Management does not know how to communicate
    Market is saturated

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate

"Great place to grow your career if you're willing take initiative"

Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CallRail full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CallRail was one of the best decisions that I've ever made. On the CallRail career website, it says 'We want to make CallRail the startup that we always wanted to work at'. It sounds like BS but it's true. The leadership really does want CallRail to be a company that helps its employees grow in and outside of their work. The leadership team and the culture team encourage employees to share their passions and interests during office events. The flexible work hours and untracked vacation policies give you the space to pursue your passions you (whether that's music, travel, mentoring or whatever), so that you are energized and ready to work hard and give CallRail your best. I started working at CallRail a year after I graduated, and my managers and the leadership gave me opportunities to take on lots of responsibilities and even move across departments. I can say with confidence that I would not be in the position that I am now--both in my career and in my personal development as a human--if not for my time at CallRail.

Cons

It's a startup, and startups can get messy. Leadership gives employees the opportunity to take on new responsibilities if they've excelled in their previous roles and if they speak up and ask for it. Sometimes that means that people can end up a bit over their heads, but that's the nature of startups. Learn how to manage up. When I was at CallRail, there weren't many clear career paths or promotion tracks. If you prefer that structure, CallRail may not be for you (yet).

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of employees as people instead of dollar signs. Be confident in the culture that y'all created years ago, and don't hire people that'll ruin it. Build out HR policies like promotion tracks, pay raise schedules, etc.

"Candid feedback in hope of helping our company continue to grow."

I have been working at CallRail full-time

Pros

You are treated like an adult with the results only works environment. The CEO has been involved with the company since the beginning and it really shows in his passion for growing the company. CallRail has a fantastic engineering team which makes for a great product to sell and support.

Cons

Managers in multiple departments have been put in their roles based solely on tenure. Having managers without leadership experience is really starting to take a toll. Managers are allowed to make decisions without asking for their teams feedback. The problem is that decisions are made and then not communicated to us. Career development and mentoring is nonexistent.

Advice to Management

There is a great opportunity ahead with the recent funding. Listen to employees feedback and look at what external leaders could bring to the table. You need people who can lead and grow a team. If things aren’t worked out with the current way of management then good employees are going to start leaving.

"Great For Some But Not For All"

I worked at CallRail full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great piece of software backed by a phenomenal engineering and design team. Some really talented and passionate colleagues who take pride in what they do.

Cons

The culture does vary by department and senior leadership does not know how to foster overall cultural accountability. The office can feel very political for some and you may encounter people who are toxic, self-serving and completely disgenuine. It doesn’t always feel like an employee or a customer centric organization. Unnecessary high school like drama is often a distraction and undermines team cohesion and the overall day to day operations.

Advice to Management

Your culture is ultimately defined by the behaviors you allow. Take note of that, recognize it and when you or a team member bumps up against that ugliness don't brush it off, deny or ignore it. All the Mario Kart, ping-pong, free snacks and funding in the world won't counter a toxic or political environment. Only competent leadership can do that.

"The best place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CallRail full-time

Pros

There are too many pros to list so I'll keep it high level:
    - Amazingly talented people that genuinely care about their product and teammates
    - Incredible product that continues to develop in the right direction for the right reasons
    - Incredible leadership that not only pushes you to perform but gives you the tools you need to do so
    - Fantastic culture of driven people that are always more than willing to help
    - Constantly evolving processes that do more to help you than to bog you down with administrative tasks
    - Snacks, sodas, cold brew, etc.
    - Amazing benefits
    - Covered transportation
    - Unlimited, untracked PTO
    - Work wherever
    You get the point. This company is incredible. They are more interested in what you can accomplish towards the company goals than getting into the minutia of process or hierarchy.

Cons

This isn't really a con but the pace can be intense at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and present with your employees. You guys are doing great!

"Great Company Great Culture Great People"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are treated like people. The company realizes your contribution to the world doesn't start and stop at Callrail, and because of that, they allow you the freedom to get done what you need to and manage your own time. There's plenty of perks around the culture and the amenities provided to employees, but it all stems from a genuine desire to have happy employees.

Cons

If you're a negative person you could find some cons, but you'd have to really try.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and keep prioritizing the people.

"CallRail is the Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CallRail is, without a doubt, the best place I've ever worked. I've never seen a company that does so much for its employees. We enjoy perks like weekly catered lunch, snacks, wine Wednesdays, quarterly outings, MarioKart, untracked vacation, great work/life balance and more. The people here are crazy smart, creative and helpful. Management is approachable, motivating and willing to help us succeed.

I believe that everything CallRail does for us inspires loyalty, productivity and a positive attitude that has resulted in the creation of an awesome product that our customers love. CallRail grows and evolves daily and feedback is welcomed and acknowledged. People truly enjoy coming to work here.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say. The only thing that I can think of is that we are growing fast and the product evolves frequently so sometimes it's hard to keep up to date with the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. You're doing an outstanding job and we appreciate it.

"Lack of management and direction for sales team"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The software is amazing thanks to the development team that keeps up with product demands
    -Customer's have great things to say about the product
    -Reps are mostly working inbound leads, very few outbound leads are generated
    -The office is great and coworkers are genuinely nice
    -Company outings make you feel special
    -Quotas are not tied to revenue, they just care about credit cards per month (very rare for sales)
    -Other coworkers within other departments truly love working for support, product, and the development team

Cons

-Lack of leadership and sales direction- no sales training or best practices. The expectation is "learn as you go".
    -No spiffs or accelerators for exceeding quota.
    -Base salary is low compared to other SaaS companies in Atlanta. I was promised a lot more than what I made (you mostly make your money on OTE if you get the right leads which are evenly distributed).
    -Sales manager has no management experience or enterprise sales experience.
    -Some reps cheat the system by faking calls and activities and management oversees it while other reps work their butts off and barely get a thanks.
    - They say you are promoted for being a high performer, yet there are reps that get by doing the bare minimum and there are no consequences. Numbers don't lie.

Advice to Management

This company would be great for sales people if the sales department was led the same way other departments are managed at the company. I left for a better opportunity because I was told my experience was going to be something that it was not. 4 people left the company for the same reasons (2 from sales and 2 from marketing)- what is it going to take for management to see the common denominator?

From what I understand, exit interviews were given to provide feedback but nothing has changed.

"Horribly run sales team (great company otherwise)"

Pros

Very cool company with an overall great culture. The benefits were amazing, great camaraderie, and a good product. Great place for developers and customer success.

Cons

Sales management originally made it very clear that every person hired at CallRail was hired to help the company. One of the best things about the company was supposed to be the transparency and opportunity to be open with upper management and your own team alike. Love the thought, but don't think it was actually true by any means.

There is a false sense of consideration, and the lack of structure and organization on the sales team is astonishing. The product only sells well because of it's quality and the people on the phones selling it. So many sales companies our there have it down to a science. CallRail's sales management methods do not lend to an ability to progress and be a successful sales person due to the inexperience of the sales management and inability to be open to ideas other than their own. Without clear expectations, you'll always be failing - they have set no bar for success, leading to very subjective conversations rather than conversations based on numbers.

The sales team was told they would be getting training and never did- the sales management would try something new for a week and decide they didn't like it. This lead to incredible lack of stability or expectation needed. Perhaps the leadership is stretched too thin. With a young sales team without much experience, it makes more sense to have a leadership team with a bit more of an idea of what a successful sales team looks like and how to get there.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees.