CallRail Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 12, 2019

4.3
Andy Powell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Nothing but an amazing experience at CallRail."

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love it here. Leadership truly listeners to everyone’s opinions and takes them into consideration. Great laid back environment, great benefits, and unreal vacation policy.

Cons

We are growing a ton, but handling it very well! There are really no cons that I have seen yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It’s working very well.

"Great company, amazing leadership."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The product is great. The culture is great. There was never a moment I felt out of place. The C-Levels at the company are very sharp! I would love a chance to return in the future if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

Nothing of note. I left because I was offered a better salary package elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Even though hiring outside the company is more expensive for sales leadership and middle-management, I believe it's needed. Different perspectives will go a long way. Promoting based on tenure feels good, but it doesn't always work out.

"Amazing"

I have been working at CallRail full-time

Pros

+Catered lunches
    +Passion all around
    +Caring/supportive coworkers and leadership
    +Growing
    +Great location/office
    +Our kitchens are basically a mix of Whole Foods and 7/11's
    +Mario Kart
    +Work From Home
    +Unlimited PTO

Cons

-currently trying to scale the business properly, and all the messiness that ensues

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- innovative, profitable product
    - trustworthy, determined leadership
    - great creative produced
    - flexible, results-driven work environment
    - amazing benefits (healthcare, 401K matching, unmarked PTO, free marta or parking, free lunch on tuesdays)
    - opportunity for growth
    - (actually) fun culture
    - standing desks, macs, snacks, beer/wine

Cons

Literally can't think of one.

Advice to Management

I have had companies take away benefits after already in place, unrelated to finances or performance -- please don't do that :..(

"Fantastic company."

Pros

Great culture and beautiful office. Management is understanding and easy to talk to. A lot of success and excited to be part of the growth

Cons

Can’t think of much here. The energy of everybody is great which prevents office politics and gossip. Mostly young people who are looking to have fun.

"Amazing Culture and team"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great team and such a great environment to grow and learn and work. No complaints plus catered lunches every tuesday!!!

Cons

could get a little messy in terms of management since its still a new company but as an employee, you ae treated very fairly

"A Truly Amazing Place"

I worked at CallRail full-time

Pros

Especially if you like workplace bullying, back-stabbing and bad leadership.

Cons

Please see the aforementioned comment.

Advice to Management

Commit to addressing some of the politics and culture issues you have traditionally just swept under the rug. These things won’t go away or simply improve on there own. You are allowing and enabling a bad employee experience and it will only drive away quality hires and candidates.

"One Size Fits Most"

I worked at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CallRail has created a clever product with a top-notch development and product team. There are many amazing people who are eager to share their knowledge and skills with others. The informal nature of tech is truly alive at CallRail with great technology, perks (catered lunches and video games at work if that's your thing), and location.

Cons

The disadvantage of an informal culture is people truly let loose and conduct themselves in ways that would make a real HR team blush unencumbered by consequence. Certain teams operate independently from one another which creates a clique between departments and ultimately the customer is the one who suffers by lacking an advocate for change. Features are often rolled out with little to no communication. Middle management is determined by tenure which yields a lack of team leadership and professional development.

Advice to Management

Carefully consider who leads your teams and ensure they are equipped to help their staff grow into future roles. The lack of any sort of formal HR team is truly concerning and office politics must be stopped. Don't focus solely on acquiring new customers but rather better support existing customers with timely and concise interactions from better trained customer-facing staff.

"Get it together"

I have been working at CallRail full-time

Pros

The snacks and location are great

Cons

Management does not know how to communicate
    Market is saturated

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate

"Great place to grow your career if you're willing take initiative"

Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CallRail full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CallRail was one of the best decisions that I've ever made. On the CallRail career website, it says 'We want to make CallRail the startup that we always wanted to work at'. It sounds like BS but it's true. The leadership really does want CallRail to be a company that helps its employees grow in and outside of their work. The leadership team and the culture team encourage employees to share their passions and interests during office events. The flexible work hours and untracked vacation policies give you the space to pursue your passions you (whether that's music, travel, mentoring or whatever), so that you are energized and ready to work hard and give CallRail your best. I started working at CallRail a year after I graduated, and my managers and the leadership gave me opportunities to take on lots of responsibilities and even move across departments. I can say with confidence that I would not be in the position that I am now--both in my career and in my personal development as a human--if not for my time at CallRail.

Cons

It's a startup, and startups can get messy. Leadership gives employees the opportunity to take on new responsibilities if they've excelled in their previous roles and if they speak up and ask for it. Sometimes that means that people can end up a bit over their heads, but that's the nature of startups. Learn how to manage up. When I was at CallRail, there weren't many clear career paths or promotion tracks. If you prefer that structure, CallRail may not be for you (yet).

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of employees as people instead of dollar signs. Be confident in the culture that y'all created years ago, and don't hire people that'll ruin it. Build out HR policies like promotion tracks, pay raise schedules, etc.