CallRail Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Andy Powell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic company."

Pros

Great culture and beautiful office. Management is understanding and easy to talk to. A lot of success and excited to be part of the growth

Cons

Can’t think of much here. The energy of everybody is great which prevents office politics and gossip. Mostly young people who are looking to have fun.

"A Truly Amazing Place"

I worked at CallRail full-time

Pros

Especially if you like workplace bullying, back-stabbing and bad leadership.

Cons

Please see the aforementioned comment.

Advice to Management

Commit to addressing some of the politics and culture issues you have traditionally just swept under the rug. These things won’t go away or simply improve on there own. You are allowing and enabling a bad employee experience and it will only drive away quality hires and candidates.

"Amazing Culture and team"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great team and such a great environment to grow and learn and work. No complaints plus catered lunches every tuesday!!!

Cons

could get a little messy in terms of management since its still a new company but as an employee, you ae treated very fairly

"One Size Fits Most"

I worked at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CallRail has created a clever product with a top-notch development and product team. There are many amazing people who are eager to share their knowledge and skills with others. The informal nature of tech is truly alive at CallRail with great technology, perks (catered lunches and video games at work if that's your thing), and location.

Cons

The disadvantage of an informal culture is people truly let loose and conduct themselves in ways that would make a real HR team blush unencumbered by consequence. Certain teams operate independently from one another which creates a clique between departments and ultimately the customer is the one who suffers by lacking an advocate for change. Features are often rolled out with little to no communication. Middle management is determined by tenure which yields a lack of team leadership and professional development.

Advice to Management

Carefully consider who leads your teams and ensure they are equipped to help their staff grow into future roles. The lack of any sort of formal HR team is truly concerning and office politics must be stopped. Don't focus solely on acquiring new customers but rather better support existing customers with timely and concise interactions from better trained customer-facing staff.

"Get it together"

I have been working at CallRail full-time

Pros

The snacks and location are great

Cons

Management does not know how to communicate
    Market is saturated

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate

"Great place to grow your career if you're willing take initiative"

Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CallRail full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at CallRail was one of the best decisions that I've ever made. On the CallRail career website, it says 'We want to make CallRail the startup that we always wanted to work at'. It sounds like BS but it's true. The leadership really does want CallRail to be a company that helps its employees grow in and outside of their work. The leadership team and the culture team encourage employees to share their passions and interests during office events. The flexible work hours and untracked vacation policies give you the space to pursue your passions you (whether that's music, travel, mentoring or whatever), so that you are energized and ready to work hard and give CallRail your best. I started working at CallRail a year after I graduated, and my managers and the leadership gave me opportunities to take on lots of responsibilities and even move across departments. I can say with confidence that I would not be in the position that I am now--both in my career and in my personal development as a human--if not for my time at CallRail.

Cons

It's a startup, and startups can get messy. Leadership gives employees the opportunity to take on new responsibilities if they've excelled in their previous roles and if they speak up and ask for it. Sometimes that means that people can end up a bit over their heads, but that's the nature of startups. Learn how to manage up. When I was at CallRail, there weren't many clear career paths or promotion tracks. If you prefer that structure, CallRail may not be for you (yet).

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of employees as people instead of dollar signs. Be confident in the culture that y'all created years ago, and don't hire people that'll ruin it. Build out HR policies like promotion tracks, pay raise schedules, etc.

"Candid feedback in hope of helping our company continue to grow."

I have been working at CallRail full-time

Pros

You are treated like an adult with the results only works environment. The CEO has been involved with the company since the beginning and it really shows in his passion for growing the company. CallRail has a fantastic engineering team which makes for a great product to sell and support.

Cons

Managers in multiple departments have been put in their roles based solely on tenure. Having managers without leadership experience is really starting to take a toll. Managers are allowed to make decisions without asking for their teams feedback. The problem is that decisions are made and then not communicated to us. Career development and mentoring is nonexistent.

Advice to Management

There is a great opportunity ahead with the recent funding. Listen to employees feedback and look at what external leaders could bring to the table. You need people who can lead and grow a team. If things aren’t worked out with the current way of management then good employees are going to start leaving.

"The best place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CallRail full-time

Pros

There are too many pros to list so I'll keep it high level:
    - Amazingly talented people that genuinely care about their product and teammates
    - Incredible product that continues to develop in the right direction for the right reasons
    - Incredible leadership that not only pushes you to perform but gives you the tools you need to do so
    - Fantastic culture of driven people that are always more than willing to help
    - Constantly evolving processes that do more to help you than to bog you down with administrative tasks
    - Snacks, sodas, cold brew, etc.
    - Amazing benefits
    - Covered transportation
    - Unlimited, untracked PTO
    - Work wherever
    You get the point. This company is incredible. They are more interested in what you can accomplish towards the company goals than getting into the minutia of process or hierarchy.

Cons

This isn't really a con but the pace can be intense at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and present with your employees. You guys are doing great!

"Great Company Great Culture Great People"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are treated like people. The company realizes your contribution to the world doesn't start and stop at Callrail, and because of that, they allow you the freedom to get done what you need to and manage your own time. There's plenty of perks around the culture and the amenities provided to employees, but it all stems from a genuine desire to have happy employees.

Cons

If you're a negative person you could find some cons, but you'd have to really try.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and keep prioritizing the people.

"CallRail is the Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CallRail full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CallRail is, without a doubt, the best place I've ever worked. I've never seen a company that does so much for its employees. We enjoy perks like weekly catered lunch, snacks, wine Wednesdays, quarterly outings, MarioKart, untracked vacation, great work/life balance and more. The people here are crazy smart, creative and helpful. Management is approachable, motivating and willing to help us succeed.

I believe that everything CallRail does for us inspires loyalty, productivity and a positive attitude that has resulted in the creation of an awesome product that our customers love. CallRail grows and evolves daily and feedback is welcomed and acknowledged. People truly enjoy coming to work here.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say. The only thing that I can think of is that we are growing fast and the product evolves frequently so sometimes it's hard to keep up to date with the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. You're doing an outstanding job and we appreciate it.