Cardinal Intellectual Property Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Frank Nicholas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The flexibility is perfect for me - I can work from home and spend more time with my family (in 12 reviews)

• It's not anywhere near as stressful as big firm life, and I can make a lot more than a Patent Examiner here (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Very large disconnect between management and employees (in 3 reviews)

• Sure you get to work from home but you're gonna be up all night long a lot (in 3 reviews)

1. "Analyst Review"

Former Employee - Patent Analyst in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Patent Analyst in Evanston, IL

I worked at Cardinal Intellectual Property full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy going and fun. Workday goes by quickly. Pretty stress-free, no one breathing down back. This is a job that requires you to actually work, I think a lot of the people who haven't enjoyed working at Cardinal are people looking for a job that pays them to sit there, this isn't that job. Workforce seems generally younger, office crowd is enjoyable to be around. Free wifi for streaming music all day. Burger joint nearby has good food.

Cons

Not much to complain about, if you are looking for a gig that is going to change the world, this place probably isn't for you.

2. "Out of touch"

I worked at Cardinal Intellectual Property part-time

Pros

Parking in building. Right in downtown Evanston. 4 weeks vacation promised in the 2nd year of employment, although one gets a statement in writing that the company reserves the right to take that benefit away at any point in time.

Cons

Out of touch with reality on many levels. Assessments were made and communicated to management, but any sound advice was completely disregarded and ignored. The larger question is of course whether or not patents intrinsically are for the better good or not, which is quite controversial. And it has been for centuries now. If anyone is considering working for Cardinal, be prepared to just collect a pay check and maybe, depending on the department, not have to put in long hours, and maybe get to work from home some or all of the time, and hopefully it is a big enough one.

Advice to Management

Probably just dissolve the business or try to find a buyer, if revenues are shrinking. Otherwise... whatever...

3. "Intellectual Property legal services"

I have been working at Cardinal Intellectual Property full-time

Pros

There is a remote worker program.

Cons

Salaries are far below market value, work load can be very high. Employees are taken advantage of, financially.

4. "Try to Avoid"

I worked at Cardinal Intellectual Property (More than a year)

Pros

-Tends to hire emerging young professionals
    -Gives corporate experience if needed

Cons

-Management does not manage, will only speak to you if you do something wrong
    -There is no accountability for the higher-ups
    -High turn over
    -Expects overtime work with no compensation or acknowledgement

Advice to Management

Work on work culture by creating more opportunities for company bonding to increase company loyalty

5. "Client Operations Associate"

I have been working at Cardinal Intellectual Property full-time

Pros

Evanston is a beautiful town to work in.

Cons

There's a degree of soulless in the company

"Toxic and Dysfunctional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I worked at Cardinal Intellectual Property full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient location, 35 hour work week

Cons

Constant in-fighting in Management. Pay is a slap in the face. HR is the worst. No matter how hard you work you will never get ahead. Minimal training. Hostile work environment. Lots of finger pointing rather than resolving issues. Hierarchy within the company. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Invest in good employees. Paying recent grads $23,000 a year is not a way to retain employees. Be more transparent.

7. "Former Employee"

I worked at Cardinal Intellectual Property full-time

Pros

paid on time, although the pay is not great or competitive in the slightest.

Cons

The moral is very low at this company. Proper management, training, evaluation is lacking. No real room for growth. This is not a company I would recommend working for to anyone!

8. "remote analyst"

I have been working at Cardinal Intellectual Property full-time

Pros

apparently can make a lot of money if you're good, apparently

Cons

too many expectations. pay will not feel fair for the amount of work put in

"Sales Team"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Evanston, IL

I worked at Cardinal Intellectual Property full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team of people at Cardinal is great. This position served as a great platform for me to jump to the next level from. Out team leader was a great person, he was always taking into account everyone's needs professionally and personally...FLEXIBILITY! I left this job because I moved out-of-state to be with my family which enabled me to look for, find, and secure a new position with an office more local to me. My experience at Cardinal has proven to be a definite big time plus when it came to my professional growth.

Cons

Office space is brand new, but a bit tight on space. Was a bit further from my home than ideal, but the transportation reimbursement was a nice perk.

Advice to Management

miss u guys!

"I like my job, I think it is fun"

Current Employee - Patent Analyst in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Patent Analyst in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Cardinal Intellectual Property full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, Production based. Very engaging work for problem solvers. I like the challenge that each case brings. I also like the relationship I have with the Project Managers and other analysts - the team oriented atmosphere seems to promote hard work and generates a lot of fun and laughs. I am excited to go to work every day which is something I have not said about some other jobs I've had. Number one best thing about this job is the flexibility, can't beat it.

Cons

Takes time to get up to speed. Standards are high but not unreasonable. Work requires a lot of critical thinking and can be exhausting at times, but the compensation makes this worth my time and energy.

Advice to Management

We have a summer picnic and winter holiday party, but a few more out of the office social events would be nice.