Cetera Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Cetera Financial Group CEO Robert Moore
Robert Moore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Learned a lot from my time there (in 3 reviews)

• Friendly staff, great work hours/work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unorganized upper management, can't even tell you if you're eligible for bonuses or where you stand in the company (in 4 reviews)

• No growth opportunities - flat management structure (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great people and great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Shared Services
    Current Employee - Shared Services

I have been working at Cetera Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When it comes to the people, Cetera is top notch. I always love coming in and seeing my team every day and would consider them my friends rather than simply coworkers. I truly feel like I have been given so many opportunities to learn in this role. While we have been through some more trying times recently, I do believe we are making significant changes for the better. The leadership team is focused on the employees and on being a more open and communicative leadership function moving forward. They have started having more frequent all employee calls and leadership email updates. I am proud to be a part of my team and this company.

Cons

In my experience, Cetera as a whole has embodied the saying “the only constant is change”. We have undergone a change in CEO, integration to one shared service model for all of our locations, and a shift to an advice centric experience all in the short time I have been with the company. This can be a bit exhausting to some, but I love it as the constant changes have given me the chance to make significant impact to our processes and try on a bunch of hats in my role to try to adapt.

Advice to Management

Keep prioritizing company wide and department wide employee updates!

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cetera Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cetera has such great leadership and cares about employees.

Cons

Nothing more than typical city cons, like commuting.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job!

3. "Product Manager"

Pros

good company with great benefits and culture

Cons

mid size company with only several locations

4. "Operations Team Lead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Cetera Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment and fair pay

Cons

Understaffed with higher volumes for work.

5. "Great People"

Pros

Super friendly and laid-back environment.

Cons

Location can make the commute painful.

6. "Saint Cloud Home Office Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Cetera Financial Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility with time off.

Cons

The culture is not friendly to outsiders. The culture does not allow employees to think outside the box.

Advice to Management

The company could benefit from an on boarding process that helps employees feel welcome. Perhaps there is a way to better integrate the new with the old employees.

7. "Great Potential and People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Cetera Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Impressive executive team and I'm encouraged by the recent additions and the direction they are setting. I appreciate the positive energy and optimism.

Cons

Things can get a little hectic and you definitely need to be able to stay flexible at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the all employee calls and sponsoring events like our Cetera Cares fundraiser and the CeScara fun for Halloween!

8. "If you are a workaholic, this is the place for you"

I have been working at Cetera Financial Group full-time

Pros

financial stability, diverse employees, room to grow

Cons

you basically don't have a life.

Advice to Management

they should hire a product manager

9. "Great people and opportunities for those willing to do the work"

Current Employee - General and Operations Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - General and Operations Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Cetera Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. I love the fact that even though its big company you get a family feel with the people you work with and its easier to make suggestions that can get acted on without having to go through a bunch of red tape like you may have to at other firms. The company has a number of opportunities however you will have to be proactive about pursuing them. Love the fact that you can pursue your finra licenses and grow your knowledge about the financial industry.

Cons

Systems are in the process of being updated this was definitely needed. They have been slowly rolling out new systems recently which is good. If you live in Des Moines you may miss out on opportunities for advancement that require moving locations if you are like me and not open to relocating just yet. Firm needs to be willing to hire more staff where needed.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the staff and associates informed about changes happening in the firm. Look for more ways to develop the talent of associates. Would love to see more assistant from HR on developing career paths for various departments etc.

10. "Great people, opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Talent & Organiztional Development Consultant in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Cetera Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great People: I've really enjoyed the team mentality at Cetera - and not just on my own team in HR. I've been fortunate to work with fun, smart, and hard-working people in IT and marketing, for example, to launch new programs and tools for employees (i.e. new intranet called "The Connection," new HR system, new Facebook-like program called Celebrate Great! where employees can send eCards and recognize others on a "Wall of Fame").
    - Career Growth: I recently moved into a higher level position which is expanding my knowledge, skillset, and experience in other sides of our business that I know will help me achieve my long-term career goals. I’ve never had the amount of career growth at any company as much as I’ve had at Cetera.
    - Constantly Focused on Improving: I've been at Cetera for over 2 years and have seen the company grow and evolve tremendously. While change can been challenging, it's been a great opportunity for me to work with my team to implement new ideas and help our company continue improving its efficiency, employee programs, and performance.
    - Moving in the Right Direction: I feel optimistic about our direction and the recent improvements made to in our technology, how we do business, employee program offerings and culture as a whole. The progress I've seen already, frankly, is exciting and inspiring. The hard work has been worth it.

I've been grateful to work here and highly recommend anyone apply who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and work hard alongside bright people.

Cons

Changes in the financial regulatory environment have created unique challenges for Cetera and employees in order to comply with new standards.

Advice to Management

- Continue supporting new programs to develop/engage employees and support our advisors. We've made a lot of progress together and it's so key that we keep up the momentum.
    - Continue providing updates to employees on our All-Employee calls on the state of our business, mission, and vision. It's helpful to hear about improvements being made to our technology and advancements in creating an advice-centric experience for our clients.