Cimarron Software Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeannie Crowell

"Great People, Opportunities for Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

I worked at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly talented group of developers and engineers, and the most personable and knowledgeable HR staff I've ever worked with. The work on most contracts are challenging and engaging, and promote good career growth.

Cons

As with any NASA contractor, the pendulum of job stability can swing wildly from year to year or even month to month due to factors outside of your control. Always expect the unexpected and be prepared to move on if needed.

Advice to Management

Aggressively expand and diversify your client base. Promote as much visibility as you can between the business office and the practitioners, and frequently encourage feedback from all employees.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for taking the time to review Cimarron. We strive to hire the best of the best. Not only does our HR staff and Talent Acquisition Team help make that happen but so do our great current and ... More

2. "Neutral Review"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Average Benefits
    - Working on software for NASA Spacecraft

Cons

- Little contact or direction (which might be a pro...)

Advice to Management

- Don't know, worked out of state on a contract and only met with cimarron co-workers on the same project. Contract management would come out every 6 months or so to check in and take us to dinner.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We strive to make all our employees feel like part of the Cimarron family, whether they are near our Houston business office or working in other ... More

3. "Forward leaning company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management team is great. They are progressive and forward thinking with regards to technology, approaches and people. The company as a whole continues to expand with new and interesting opportunities across the US.

Cons

The corporate offices are old, but I think they are moving soon.

Missed out on a few opportunities recently, but this was more about the philosophy and integrity of leadership, as opposed to skills of the workforce.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of new ways to keep the core staff engaged and happy. Overall, this company is great to work for.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for your review. We’re thrilled that you think Cimarron is a great company to work for. We appreciate your comments on Cimarron’s management team and acknowledging the advancement ... More

5. "Good company with many years in Aero Space Industry"

Current Employee - Senior Field Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Field Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401 K contributions, medical and company management

Cons

They are diversifying however they are really tied in the Aero Space Industry

Advice to Management

They have good management.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for your review and thank you for being a long time Cimarron employee. More than a quarter of Cimarron’s current employees have worked for us for more than 10 years. We believe this ... More

6. "The experience is great, just bad benefits."

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cimarron picked us up in our then current positions after contract change. This happened several times since my start in Mission Control Center 7 July 82.

Cons

benefits need to be improved severely

Advice to Management

Due to reduction in force, my manager was released as well.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for your review. Due to the NASA contract environment, contract workers are often forced to change employers or to be let go due to contract transition or reduction in force. Cimarron ... More

7. "Aerospace contract side of things is horrible now"

Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

Small company, professional and competent HR and headquarters staff. Good pay, reasonable benefits. Good place for experience to build a resume.

Cons

No growth, stagnant jobs for those working (24x7 rotating shift) aerospace contracts. I started in 1999 with no chance of promotion since, less than supportive local managers. Layoff after layoff after layoff. Morale is destroyed in the workplace. Employees are high caliber and dedicated to their craft, overworked and under supported.

Advice to Management

Work hard on getting some real, professional local managers who know something about employee development and skills advancement. People are your only asset on a service contract, be more proactively supportive of their growth and you'll reap benefits with your customers. Establish a true plan to actually provide for employee futures. Stop demanding so much on the job in return for so little support.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for reviewing Cimarron. And thank you for being a long time Cimarron employee. Cimarron continues to expand its business base to allow our employees the potential for growth or the option ... More

8. "Good people to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Marvin Triplett is a wonderful co/owner.

Cons

Bus Dev needed more structure.

Advice to Management

Bus. Dev should be more hungry, Pay bus dev professionals based on the business they generate on top of a base salary. If you produce some work, you could earn 500K, if you do not you could earn 30K.

9. "Cimarron needs some work."

Current Employee - Maintenance in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Houston, TX

Pros

It is a smaller, personal company.

Cons

management not in tune with emplyoyee's needs and jobs.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better management level and corporate information sharing.

10. "DKI - a great place to stretch yourself."

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

DKI employees are salaried. We receive compensation even if we are between assignments. For those who like to travel, the corporate division travels 75+% of the time. For those who like to stick close to home, the government side of the house is where it's at.

Cons

For those who don't like travel, there is a LOT and they weren't told about the frequency. Communication is sort of spotty. We hear a lot of plans but aren't included in the timeline.

Advice to Management

Be truthful with employees and customers. Give ample warning to both if changes in the contract are coming. This isn't a static company but there is often enough time to plan exit strategies.

11. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and for. Strong ethics, communication, teamwork, and competitive total compensation package. Place you can get up and look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Not really any cons to share.