Cimarron Software Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awsome company to work for

Cons

It is contract work i want full time

2. "Pay to work at NASA"

I worked at Cimarron Software Services full-time

Pros

NASA is cool. Space Industry is exciting.

Cons

I had a really negative experience with this company. I didn't think it was a very transparent place to work. I had a very aggressive exit interview even though I performed really well in my job and represented that company well. I felt I had to be defensive just off of the conversation in my exit interview. Ultimately though, you pay to work for NASA. I didn't feel my pay reflected my ability well and that is ultimately what made me leave the company.

Advice to Management

Don't be aggressive in face to face talks. Be more transparent with your employees. (Not that this will make a difference) Pay your employees better, even if it's a bump in benefits. At least pay according to their background.

Apr 26, 2018 – Cimarron Management

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to respond here. Exit interviews are important to Cimarron and our goal is simply to gain information on things that were successful... More

3. "Associate Programmer"

Former Employee - Associate Programmer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Programmer in Houston, TX

I worked at Cimarron Software Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to network with employees at NASA in Clear Lake if that is where you want to go in your career.

Cons

Growth is slow, and corporate culture is slow to adapt.

Advice to Management

More Young people and more innovation

Jan 12, 2018 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for your review and for having been a part of our team. Cimarron continues to expand our customer base beyond NASA JSC to give our employees the opportunity for growth or the opportunity to... More

"A Growing Company"

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time

Pros

Involved, caring owners. Great co-workers. Exciting mission areas. Committed to employee success. Growing.

Cons

Still small, one large contract loss could seriously effect the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and diversify.

Jan 12, 2018 – Cimarron Management

Thank you reviewing Cimarron. We strive to hire the best and make all of our employees feel like part of the Cimarron family whether they are near our Houston business office or working remotely in... More

5. "Space Biz"

Former Employee - Tech III in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tech III in Houston, TX

I worked at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good employer with decent benefits.

Cons

At the mercy of government contracts.

Jan 12, 2018 – Cimarron Management

Thank you taking the time to review Cimarron and thank you for being a long time Cimarron employee. We are thrilled you think Cimarron is a good company with good benefits. Each year we work very... More

6. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and for. Strong ethics, communication, teamwork, and competitive total compensation package. Place you can get up and look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Not really any cons to share.

Jan 12, 2018 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for your review and thank you for being a Cimarron employee!

"Great People, Opportunities for Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

I worked at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly talented group of developers and engineers, and the most personable and knowledgeable HR staff I've ever worked with. The work on most contracts are challenging and engaging, and promote good career growth.

Cons

As with any NASA contractor, the pendulum of job stability can swing wildly from year to year or even month to month due to factors outside of your control. Always expect the unexpected and be prepared to move on if needed.

Advice to Management

Aggressively expand and diversify your client base. Promote as much visibility as you can between the business office and the practitioners, and frequently encourage feedback from all employees.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for taking the time to review Cimarron. We strive to hire the best of the best. Not only does our HR staff and Talent Acquisition Team help make that happen but so do our great current and... More

8. "Responsive Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cimarron has deep talent in multiple engineering and operations areas. The management and corporate team are very responsive; I can contact anyone in HR or Finance or on the Executive team and they will respond. Cimarron is aggressively seeking growth opportunities for the company and its employees. I like the regular company all hands meetings that provide useful info. Salaries are industry competitive but what makes the difference are the people!

Cons

I can't think of any, really. It's a tough industry right now but that's not a knock on Cimarron, just a fact of business for all aerospace companies.

Advice to Management

Stay available, keep communicating. We have a great workforce and we appreciate the care and recognition. More parties, please.

9. "Neutral Review"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Average Benefits
    - Working on software for NASA Spacecraft

Cons

- Little contact or direction (which might be a pro...)

Advice to Management

- Don't know, worked out of state on a contract and only met with cimarron co-workers on the same project. Contract management would come out every 6 months or so to check in and take us to dinner.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We strive to make all our employees feel like part of the Cimarron family, whether they are near our Houston business office or working in other... More

10. "Forward leaning company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cimarron Software Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management team is great. They are progressive and forward thinking with regards to technology, approaches and people. The company as a whole continues to expand with new and interesting opportunities across the US.

Cons

The corporate offices are old, but I think they are moving soon.

Missed out on a few opportunities recently, but this was more about the philosophy and integrity of leadership, as opposed to skills of the workforce.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of new ways to keep the core staff engaged and happy. Overall, this company is great to work for.

Feb 22, 2017 – Cimarron Management

Thank you for your review. We’re thrilled that you think Cimarron is a great company to work for. We appreciate your comments on Cimarron’s management team and acknowledging the advancement... More