Clutter Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2020

3.4
Clutter CEO Ari Mir
Ari Mir
Pros
  • "Free lunch if you're a corporate employee(in 16 reviews)

• "Catered lunch, medical/dental/vision insurance, parking, parking, flexible PTO(in 13 reviews)

1. "Good start up"

5.0
    Former Employee - Fleet Coordinator in Tracy, CA

I worked at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

They were a new breed of company to work for that was refreshing

Cons

Not a con but could use some work is directions and all different teams being on the same page.

"High Churn"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Culver City, CA

I worked at Clutter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perks, pay is weekly, work from home capable, time off friendly

Cons

High Churn, No Job stability, Lay Off rampant, NO career advancement potential, Not a positive place of work, company doesn't care about you, Will use your ideas to create tech to replace you. Is constantly testing over promising and under delivering.

Continue reading

3. "Good Place to work with good engineers"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Culver City, CA

I worked at Clutter full-time

Pros

Solid Engineering culture, respectful teammates

Cons

Not a lot come to mind

4. "Decent"

5.0
    Former Employee - Mover

I worked at Clutter part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay and management And good co workwrs

Cons

Long hours sometimes which can be tiring

"Poor Management Wastes Good Idea"

Former Employee - Senior Lead in Portland, OR

I worked at Clutter full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is decent, not great, but pretty good when it's busy while they were doing the Yelp bonuses.

Cons

Management claims to listen, but truthfully ignores most bubble-up. The scheduling often falls behind leaving you to partially complete understaffed jobs. The control tower for the company is in CA, they have no eyes on the ground outside of a GPS view of the trucks in the field. They make decisions that impact the flow of your routes and only regional managers can really override them, you local manager might if they are good but the field teams are often left at the mercy of poor calls. They talk BIG about advancement but don't follow through. I advanced quickly, and held the Senior Lead postion for 2 and 1/2 months instead of the month it is supposed to be... that is because they used me to fill the role of local manager while they dawdled hiring a replacement. I was all but promised a position at that level, I had essentially built the city's team for the company, and everyone thought I was definitely going to get it since I was the one called on the train up the first local manager, then filled a latge part of his responsibilities when he was fired, when they finally found a replacement they told me they were opening up another state soon, Texas or Florida, that went on several months and during that time a colleague of mine in Seattle at the same senior lead extended tenure level was 'promoted' to local manager there by one of our regional managers... except that was unofficial and did not come to pass though they dragged out him filling the role for a while. It was a total surprise when I spoke to our greater regional manager about it. This was the norm with Clutter.

Continue reading

"Could definitely use some improvement"

I worked at Clutter full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Catered lunches -Growth opportunity -Team outings and company events -Trendy office location

Cons

-Broey tech culture -Elitist employee ideology -All male executives -Not great work-life balance -Not great benefits -Pay is not as competitive as similar companies -Lots of obvious favoritism -Many seasoned employees are not friendly or approachable -Layoffs were handled poorly

"not great"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Clutter full-time

Pros

politics, discrimination, and poor working environment

Cons

it's a storage company that thinks they are not one

Continue reading

"Unemployment better than working at Clutter"

I worked at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

They lay you off and then you don't have to work there

Cons

Have to sit through meetings that could have been emails before getting laid off

9. COVID-19

"A company very confused about itself."

I worked at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Catered lunches made it easy, but also felt like you were chained to your desk -Good commuter benefits, but parking was a real pain.

Cons

-Culture is very siloed and “secret” no transparency among business units. -While trying to be a “performance based culture” decision making is again very convoluted and thus it takes quite some time to do things. This in turn makes you seem slow and lazy but you’re waiting to get a decision on a direction to take/be authorized to make said decision. -Executive leadership seems to be very standoff-ish and unapproachable, an air of “I’m better than you, do as I say” mentality. -With the large scale lay off’s due to COVID-19, it seems as if the company wasn’t prepared nor did they care until very last minute or when it hit the bottom line, it seemed like such a knee jerk reaction. When asked at the beginning of the crisis, it was almost shrugged off by the CEO, like it wasn’t a real thing or would it impact the business. Everyone was sent home because of the shelter in place orders and they laid off a large amount of the company in a almost cowardly way. -Not the case anymore probably but office space was way too full. People were packed into conference rooms as a makeshift office. -some very egotistical employee who think they know it all and they know better than you. No collaboration. -Very Tech Bro culture. So much so I felt like I was in an episode of Silicon Valley.

"Stay far, far away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch if you're a corporate employee

Cons

Too many to list. Here are a couple: - Your word won't get anywhere - There is almost a caste system of a sort where the people in operations are treated like crap and the people in corporate are treated much better - Get everything in writing, especially if you're relocating because they can and will screw you over if they get a chance

Found 151 reviews