Clutter Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 130 reviews

4.0
Clutter CEO Ari Mir
Ari Mir
Pros
  • "Nice perks like free lunch, work assigned phone, newest hardware(in 14 reviews)

• "Clutter is a fast-paced company that is growing extremely fast(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Performance culture" where people get fired instead of trained(in 7 reviews)

• "(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"AMAZING PLACE TO WORK, BUT CAN BE INTENSE!"

Former Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Clutter full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work with insanely smart and passionate individuals - Culture of Freedom & Responsibility - Pays well with good benefits + unlimited PTO - High bar for talent + high performance expectations - Top performance rewarded with cash, equity, career opportunities

Cons

- Performance culture can be intense, no ability to coast - Late nights expected periodically to meet tight deadlines - Rapid growth over the summer put pressure on the supply chain / negatively impacted quality of service

Advice to Management

- Over-invest in communication, especially when change management is involved - Improve forecasting to better predict impact of industrywide seasonality in 2019

Clutter2018-12-07
  2. "The BEST People"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing People Catered Lunch Amazing curly-haired co-workers

Cons

High Expectations of individual agents Rude customers Cold office

Clutter2019-09-18
  3. "Good summer Job"

Current Employee - Driver/Mover

I have been working at Clutter full-time

Pros

There are tips and the hours are decent

Cons

Labor intensive work and physically demanding

Clutter2019-08-28
  4. "Keep pushing us"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Frankly, it's hard to put into words how much I love this company. My supervisors are brilliant; the product sells itself, and my colleagues are both incredibly down to Earth as well as best friends. The job is fun, the happy hours are a blast, and the people I see day-to-day are world-class. This company is going places and I feel blessed to be contributing...

Cons

Mgmt, maintain transparency and continue to challenge leaders within the company. Most everyone in sales wants to be with Clutter long-term and are way sharper than our current roles demand. CHALLENGE US! WE BELIEVE IN THIS PRODUCT! WE WANT TO HELP LEAD!

Advice to Management

Allow for individuals to transfer between departments. While I see this rarely...and understand the chance to do so will only increase as time goes on..it is a huge incentive to staying with Clutter long-term and something I eventually hope to do. Make the ability for employees to see and touch all parts of the business a priority.

Clutter2019-08-21
  5. "Love it"

Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Clutter part-time for less than a year

Pros

They care about there employees (they have our back)

Cons

Not all over the US just yet

Clutter2019-08-19

"Good junior team, Arrogant leadership"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Clutter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clutter's junior folks, from movers and ops, to associate Product Managers, to accounting analysts, are smart, motivated, and fun Clutter's business thesis makes sense; there's a reason why they were able to raise so much money despite serious operational challenges

Cons

Leadership has a noxious combination of arrogance, lack of compassion, and ignorance that led them to run a business that performed haltingly and was a terrible place to work for front line ops employees Regular layoffs and poor communication resulted in a fear-based environment in which employees walk in each day half expecting it to be their last Leadership hired and then fired nearly 1,000 people (over 100%... of the ops team) in 2018 because they did not believe the business would follow the established annual cycle Leadership has established a culture where sycophantism trumps performance, creating a fear based culture that has a tough time encouraging creative thought or growth

Advice to Management

Hire an experienced operations executive that understands how to run a large team and a complex supply chain Encourage diverse thought and create an environment where the team feels empowered to challenge the status quo and speak their minds. The business idea is a good one, if you can empower your team to help bring it to fruition.

Clutter2019-08-14

"This job is sorry as h***"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual dress and free lunch

Cons

The management here is so sorry, it's sad. The customers think they're being treated shady, ha! The floor managers treat us the same, they coach us on them being unavailable as a descalation tool. They hate having to speak to anyone but themselves, and will dodge a call until a customer is practically screaming for a supervisor.

Advice to Management

This is for UPPER management: Let go of Larry, (promote) Curly, and let go Curly's lap dog that follows her around everywhere. He doesn't really want to be here anyway, it's been said aloud countless times and it shows towards the care team. The exec resolutions team is hindering the growth of your care workers, it's their job is to descalate for supervisors and offer solutions.

Clutter2019-09-02

"Basic review"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver

I worked at Clutter full-time

Pros

Pay was really good and high hours

Cons

I was a night driver

Clutter2019-07-24

"A fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking to work hard and move up this is a great place to be. Excellent performance is rewarded with excellent career opportunities. If you are willing to work for it, there is plenty of room for personal and professional growth and internal mobility Due to the size and organization of the company, you have opportunities to work directly with execs and C-Suite employees from day 1. People here are... incredibly creative, motivated and intelligent. It is a breeding ground for innovation in this industry. Super fun environment if you want to be around smart people. Lots of Freedom to get the job done how you see it best - you are never micromanaged. Pretty good work-life balance for a startup, but people do work hard

Cons

If you're not proactive and need lots of guidance in your job, this may not be the best place for you. Because things move so quickly and the people here are so focussed, sometimes it is very difficult to ask questions due to a fear of burdening people - this creates a lack of communication that makes things difficult at times.

Clutter2019-07-23
  10. "LA's next success story"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Clutter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to grow both personally and professionally; always additional responsibilities to take on and own Organization is relatively flat with the ability to work with and talk with leadership frequently Organization is focused on bringing in the highest quality talent; get to work with a lot of very smart and talented people Company is on an awesome growth trajectory; hiring like crazy with a lot of... new ideas being tested Backed by some of the very best investors in the industry with a lot of capital invested

Cons

Too much vision and not enough concrete direction - sometimes tough to determine what is the most near term priority Clutter moves fast and experiments often, which can be challenging for some.

Clutter2019-07-10