Community Tax Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Jacob Dayan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is an extremely fast paced environment that has experienced explosive growth in only 3 1/2 years (in 12 reviews)

• The work environment is great, the owners have an open door policy and your peers/managers are always more than willing to help (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fast paced environment and not everyone is cut out to work in a (in 4 reviews)

• They work incredibly long hours for horrible pay (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Work Environment"

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first started as a Jr. Case Analyst at Community Tax, I didn't know the first thing about taxes or tax resolution. Community Tax provided a five day training which took me from not knowing anything about taxes to helping people resolve their tax problems within a week. The upper management is fairly laid back and Community Tax is a great work environment. It is fun, and people are always happy to help. The work load is not by any means difficult, but you should definitely have some experience on the phone if you want to be successful here. There is a lot of opportunity here and the clients come to you. As long as you are organized, mentally and physically present, and have experience on the phone, this should be a good fit for you.

Cons

The only con I can think about at the moment is that you have to walk up a flight of stairs every morning to get into the office

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Community Tax full-time

Pros

They pride themselves in the service they provide to the client. They have also increased the quality of the staff. They are bringing in experienced attorneys and enrolled agents who have developed training programs and new work flows that are more efficient. They are working with the practitioners and other staff members to ensure that they are compensated for the quality of work they produce. They have made more reasonable and attainable goals that are tied to client resolutions and client satisfaction. They have also worked hard to ensure that people are getting compensated based on quality not quantity of time. The new management is more organized and with a wider breadth of knowledge of the tax industry. This is such a positive place to work everyday. I actually enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

There are a lot of people at Community Tax. But that is not a bad thing. Everybody has a position and we have to make sure they all work together in a way that is most efficient for the client. I believe they are really close to getting that together.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the staff and you are on the right trajectory. The health insurance, and matching 401(k) are awesome!

"High energy, innovative, and ethical. It is an awesome team to be on."

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very positive environment where innovated ideas and hard work pay off! Management is extremely approachable. The owners are too, and they truly invest in their employees' success. There is a ton of growth opportunity. This is a tax resolution company and many like it have bad reputations. Community Tax is very adamant that it operates in the best interest of their clients and does things the right way. Its hard to find a place to work where you WANT to go in each morning. I love my job because I KNOW I am helping my clients each and every day. I also love my coworkers. The culture is dynamic, fast pace, and there is a sense of victory with each client you help.

Cons

There aren't many so far. The company is smaller, but its growing fast.

"Most Awesome Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Community Tax (More than 3 years)

Pros

First let me start by saying: I truly LOVE me job! If you are looking to finally find a job you'd love to go to every morning, then Community Tax is the job for you. All of the employees are friendly, fun, vibrant and very down to earth. The owners and management are easy going, professional, positive and encouraging. Employees are given the opportunity to input suggestions and ideas to help shape the company. The Fun Committee strive to make the work place a little more exciting and fun by creating fun events and work "spirit" days every month.

Cons

Unable to drive to work. No parking.

Advice to Management

Continue to positively encourage employees. Continue to offer opportunities for incentives and bonus.

5. "Diverse Work Environment That Is Rapidly Changing"

I have been working at Community Tax full-time

Pros

Attractive Work Space
    Great Corporate Culture
    Diverse Work Force
    Fast Paced Environment
    Constantly Challenges Individual Skills

Cons

No Parking
    Limited Benefits
    Complex OS

6. "Just dont."

I worked at Community Tax full-time

Pros

They're fun to laugh at.

Cons

Underpaid and over worked, then belittled if you need any sort of work life balance. No raises and make borderline minimum wage to work downtown Chicago. Terrible benefits. You're basically paid poverty wages to help rich people get out of paying their taxes. Didn't realize how bad it was until I got out. LOOK ELSEWHERE!

Advice to Management

If your name is Nick, my best advice is to stop being such a monumentally horrible human being.

Community Tax Response

Jul 20, 2017 – Director of HR and Talent Acquisition

Community Tax is a firm believer in the concept of the Glassdoor platform being intended as a place where individuals can review and contribute constructive candid input in an effort to provide... More

7. "Blessed to be a part of this successful and awesome company"

Current Employee - Case Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Community Tax (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for the following: getting out of your comfort zone, learn new things every day, work on your goals, working under pressure, challenge yourself every morning, CTAX is the place.

Pros,
    It’s a great company to work with;
    -Great owners who care and recognize your work.
    -Managers are willing to answer question, they are supporting in the learning process.
    -The environment is competitive healthy and coworkers are more than happy to help and they recognize your achievements.
    -Multilanguage and diverse company.
    -No cold calls.

Cons

-Last moment changes.
    -No parking available at the office building.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work

"A great place to work"

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Community Tax for 3 months now. At first glance, this office resembles an extremely well oiled machine, after a while, I discovered that this place is a gold mine. I have had every opportunity to build a solid pipeline and create residual income month after month and all I had to do was work hard. If you're content making 60k a year, make less than 50 dials a day and are dreaming of the weekend, don't bother. If you have goals, and can consistently perform, day after day, then you will strive here. I've worked for many sales companies and Community Tax is, by far, the best. I see a long profitable future ahead of me and I've only just started.

Cons

People don't make coffee after the finish the pot (c'mon, we're in sales....we need it...)

Advice to Management

Better coffee

9. "VP of Servicing"

I have been working at Community Tax full-time

Pros

Huge potential for growth within the company. Great team of people to work with; we have fun at work but there is also mutual respect across the board. The owners of the company of very intelligent, motivated, and committed to creating a company that people want to work for. The owners do not sacrifice quality of work for penny pinching and always put the client first.

Cons

We are growing so quickly that we already need to expand our office space, which is going to be in the same building but likely on another floor. I will miss seeing everyones' face each day.

Advice to Management

Continue working towards better and more efficient work processes as we grow. Put the work where it belongs to ensure fluidity across departments.

10. "It feels good working for a company with its head on straight."

Current Employee - Senior Case Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is on the brink on getting huge. Great time to get in as the marketing budget is blowing up. Inbound calls and the if you dial out you'll get heavily praised from management.

It makes it easy coming to work knowing the people running show are young intelligent lawyers that know what they're doing.

Location is right downtown edge of the loop easy access. Plus it's a high rise building and ComTax is the whole second floor so you can take the stairs! I enjoy working here.

Cons

Not enough candy in the vending machines, mostly chips and healthier snacks. Soda vending options could be better as well.