Compassus Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Compassus Chief Executive Officer James A. Deal
James A. Deal

Pros
  • Some of the people in this organization certainly have their hearts in the right place when it comes to end of life care (in 4 reviews)

• I helped many families because clinical staff could or would not do their job (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Breakdown in communication between employees and upper management (in 11 reviews)

• Too much overturn of management, no clear focus, no support of management (in 6 reviews)

1. "RN Case Manager"

Current Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Prescott Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in Prescott Valley, AZ

I have been working at Compassus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy of daily work, good company, good pay, mileage pay and benefits. Easy to access corporate for Human Resources and insurance benefit

Cons

On call after very long shifts / driving,all handwritten notes and care plans. Productivity model can be difficult to meet in rural areas

2. "Employee"

Current Employee - HCC in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - HCC in Houston, TX

I have been working at Compassus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The patients are amazing. The families are a joy to work with. They are truly the best part of the job. Knowing that you are helping families at such a vulnerable time makes you feel good.

Cons

Not competitive with other companies. Must make sales in spite of having less to offer. Limited people to market to. Don't really offer all 4 levels of care.
    Management. No work life balance. The hours are long. You can easily work 14 days straight. No genuine appreciation. This is the expectation. No support. CEO not in touch with local markets. ED actually says in a team meeting "if it comes down to me or this team, it will be me".

Advice to Management

Create a way to make us more competitive in the market. Don't ignore problems. Face them head on and find a solution. Home office, Please do not call and ask questions about our ED, say it's anonymous and then she repeats it all the next day. Houston, we have a problem.

3. "Care Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sedona, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sedona, AZ

I worked at Compassus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, Glass Door requires 5 words so I'll add no pros whatsoever.

Cons

This company has no ethics whatsoever. They should not be representing Hospice. Hospice can be a beautiful thing but Compassus takes the beauty out with very poor leadership from the top down. Their business practices are obscene.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone with ethics.

5. "Pitt Ks"

Former Employee - CNA in Pittsburg, KS
    Former Employee - CNA in Pittsburg, KS

I worked at Compassus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nurses and certain cna are good to work with.

Cons

DCS allows certain a cna to make nursing judgements.

Advice to Management

Upper Management is awesome.

"Rn"

Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Hospice RN Case Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Compassus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is fair but no chances of raises admin very nice good benefits. You have to like micro management to work here.

Cons

Admin interested in numbers not quality of care lots of unhappy pt's and family. Micro management distrust by admin. Lots of unhappy employees.

Advice to Management

Rn case loads must be 14 to 16 not 22 to 24

Compassus Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Compassus

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At Compassus, we recognize the importance of feedback to further achieve our Company’s Vision for our Patients and Colleagues. Given the nature of ... More

"Chaplain or Spiritual Care Coordinator"

Current Employee - Spiritual Care Coordinator in West Branch, MI
    Current Employee - Spiritual Care Coordinator in West Branch, MI

I have been working at Compassus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

West Branch, MI has by far the most supportive, caring, management team I have ever had the privilege to work with. All staff members are willing to help one another. Regardless of the position the staff reached out and bettered each other.

Cons

Not enough time to fill out reports. The reports are required by medicare. These mandated reports keep various disciplines from spending more time with the patients and their families.

Advice to Management

Our office management are an inspiration. Continue to advocate for your staff. Continue to create a strong team approach. It makes us all stronger and willing to go the extra mile.

"Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Compassus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compassus is a very ethical company that prides itself on doing the right thing for both patients and colleagues. Even with recent growth nationwide, the home office and executive leadership remain supportive, accessible, and responsive. I have worked in larger healthcare organizations where bottom line profit and growth trump patient care and colleague satisfaction.....this company is very different from those large organizations. Each colleague and patient are valued and treated with Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence.

Cons

No specific cons with Compassus; however, it is hard to recruit and retain good staff in our very large and ultra competitive market.

Advice to Management

Keep the feeling of a "small company" even as we continue to grow our nationwide footprint.

"Wonderful Care by Terrific People"

Current Employee - Chaplain in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Current Employee - Chaplain in Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at Compassus part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working as a PRN Chaplain with Compassus for a year. Without question it is the most inspiring work I have ever done and it is a gift to be able to work with such a wonderfully talented group of caring, skilled and ethical staff and clinicians.

Cons

Census has been a problem in this crowded market. Company relies on marketers who have not been successful where they really need to become more visible in the market possibly through advertising or community relations projects.

Advice to Management

Fix the problem regarding lack of referrals from the largest hospital group in the market who is referring only to their own hospice group.

10. "I do not recommend especially if the Brentwood corporate office is not involved"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Compassus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The corporate office in Brentwood was a nice environment as well as the Brentwood colleagues.

Cons

The management and colleagues offsite that originally had the billing department was not very successful and has made the billing department move back not knowing the real benefits of Hospice billing. The CEO really need to be involved and aware of the main setback of the company.

Advice to Management

Management will need to listen to the employees especially when things have been done incorrectly since day one.

11. "Good, growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Compassus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has been experiencing rapid growth over the last 2 years. That has given others room to grow in their position or to get promoted. The work load has increased accordingly. The company also has a great PTO plan.

Cons

Health benefits could be better but many companies are experiencing this issue today.