CoreMedical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 13, 2016

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CoreMedical Group President & CEO Armand L. Circharo Jr.
Armand L. Circharo Jr.

Pros
Cons
  • My assignments have been smooth and have had no cons (in 5 reviews)

• One downside to working for Core Medical Group is that they are a small travel company and often go through a "middle man" to place nurses (in 3 reviews)

1. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Salem, NH

Pros

Awesome culture and people that care not only about the company itself, but the community. Always participating in events and making an impact in a positive way. Love working here.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Does what it says"

Current Employee - Allied Health Recruiter
    Current Employee - Allied Health Recruiter

I have been working at CoreMedical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CoreMedical Group Truly assists Healthcare Professionals with finding their perfect fit in this high demand healthcare industry

Cons

Very competitive industry, but we are working with the best professionals out their and they are in demand so its hard to fault that.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Unethical Company"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salem, NH

I worked at CoreMedical Group full-time

Pros

If you're willing to sacrifice your self worth and work 24/7, you can potentially make a lot of money that you then have no time or energy to enjoy.

Cons

The immature and unethical behavior of management and employees is disgraceful. Even the reviews on here appear to have been coerced or faked. 8 reviews were added between April 19th and 22nd. Pretty big coincidence. More likely that management noticed how low their rating was and "asked" people to write positive reviews or just wrote them themselves. And that pales in comparison to the rest of this company's dishonest and despicable behavior. There's a picture on their website of the administrative department and 9 out of the 13 people in the picture are no longer there. And for good reason. Moving on from this company was the best decision I ever made.

Advice to Management

Hire new management with experience and professionalism.

Nov 18, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Core. We do pride ourselves on the tenure and experience of our management team - many have been with Core for a number of years. We ... More

"Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

I have been working at CoreMedical Group (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is by far the driving force behind such an amazing company. They treat their people like family and truly want to see you succeed. There are a lot of successful people here with a lot of tenure and in the staffing industry that is unheard of. The growth of the organization is superior and this is led by a management team that really cares and supports their employees. The company is 20+ years old and has an amazing reputation in the industry with both the clients and candidates. On the sales side of the company the compensation plan is superior and allows those who are successful and driven to earn an amazing income. The owners are also top-notch people with a great sense of direction and values.

Cons

This is not really a Con but it is a VERY fast paced environment. If you want to work for an industry leader you had better be prepared to work hard and deal with lots of volume.

Advice to Management

With all of this substantial growth both in sales and in headcount, don't lose sight of the culture and keep this big family feel.

Oct 6, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear that you enjoy being a part of the Core family!

"A lot of help needed with management"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Salem, NH

I worked at CoreMedical Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I believe this is a job for a new grad, or someone whose never worked in a sales environment before. There's a lot of potential in the long run as a recruiter/account executive if youre willing to do 55+ hours and be micromanaged through the whole process. You can tell they're really trying as an organization to create something different, they just need a positive outside influence to bring a new way of thinking to management. There are also some really great employees that work here who have put a lot of hard work in that are well compensated for it and are actually really nice, funny, and genuine.

Cons

Depending on the division you work with, it could be a different envrionment. Management has no prior management experience before working here. A lot of contradictions from team leaders, to management, to the staff, I didn't see any solid communication from any parties. You're underpaid for the amount of time you put in if you've ever been compensated for your time and performance prior to working here. When I interviewed here, I was supposed to be interviewing for an account executive role, then during the interview I found out that one recruiter was fired, while another had just quit that morning. I should've have seen that as a red flag initially, but was persuaded to the recruiter position which has a huge turnover rate within the company. I do still believe this could be a good role for someone who can truly put the time in initially for a solid 12 months.

Advice to Management

Build on positives from new hires, send managers to growth groups with other new managers from other companies to truly understand what leadership looks like. Focus more on salesmanship, goals, strengths and weaknesses, and treat everyone the same within your sales force to create a positive work environment with the growth and changes within the company. Hire outside managers with previous management experience and see what new practices, attributes, energy, and positive culture they can bring to the table as leaders.

Oct 6, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback - we've shared this with our management team.

"Travel RN"

Current Employee - Travel Nurse in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Travel Nurse in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at CoreMedical Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great Recruiters and they work well with employees

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment

Advice to Management

None

"Poor Company, sets you up to fail!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

I worked at CoreMedical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The experience at this place was poor. Management needs help & the environment is toxic! You'll be better off pursuing a different opportunity! No growth & high turnover!

Cons

No growth, training, department drama

Wrong place to start your career

Poor compensation. The owners power trip over their title when they should put more time on building their departments to avoid the high level of turnover

Aug 9, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Core. We strive to provide our employees with the training and support they need to be successful and grow, including mentoring and ... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Salem, NH

I worked at CoreMedical Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They will give you a shot if you have no experience. Will train, get you ramped up and give you an opportunity to earn it.

Cons

The organization is flat, no room for growth. It is a lifestyle company for the owners who are never present, the starting pay is similar to what you would make at a retail clothing store at 25,000 a year, and the management team really does not develop and coach their people to succeed. They do not allow their employees to be references if someone moves on from the company and use a non compete to limit your options for 2 years after you leave. Stay away unless you are a new grad or new to the industry.

Advice to Management

Develop an atmosphere of professionalism where people can flourish and the business can grow. Limiting others only limits yourself and turns away real talent.

Jun 8, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide an environment where employees can succeed professionally and financially and your feedback has been passed on to our management team.

"Home Health RN"

Current Employee - RN, WCC in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - RN, WCC in Denver, CO

I have been working at CoreMedical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My recruiter Justin keeps me working. I don't have to worry about the "next job" cause I know he's already looking and calling me and letting me know what there is going to be available and when. Before I'm ever done at the current job.. it's nice to know what's coming up .. I enjoy getting paid weekly, anything I need.. someone within the company has the help I need.. I really appreciate that. It's nice to know there are people out there I can count on.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

Advice to Management

I feel wages need to go up, prices are rising and wages aren't. And more Per-Diem for higher priced areas. Plus you could be a really good employer and reward those that remain loyal, hard working staff with extra money

"Current Employee...Recruiter"

Current Employee - Allied Health Recruiter in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Allied Health Recruiter in Salem, NH

I have been working at CoreMedical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work for Core? Culture. I go to work every day loving who I work with and who I work for. Core invests in their employees and in their community.

Cons

Recruiting is not for the faint of heart. Takes a strong work ethic, lots of outside of office hours, organization and attention to detail. But if you give it everything you've got you'll get more than you give.

Advice to Management

Keep the family feel as you grow.