Crescent Point Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2019

Found 24 reviews

3.3
Craig Bryksa

"Work hard, play hard mentality"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty to keep you busy, great perks (breakfast ordered in 4 times per week, plenty of vacation time for all levels of employees and they encourage you to actually use it, social events for employees once per month), the company is growing very quickly in Denver so get it while you can and they typically promote from within. Culture is very important and that comes directly from the top so I don't see the small company...

Cons

They run fairly lean so while it's great for keeping you busy and gaining valuable experience, during exceptionally busy times it can be overwhelming.

Crescent Point Energy2014-07-28
  2. "Gone Downhill"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Was a great place to work in 2014 when oil was still booming Free breakfast, beer fridge, ping pong, monthly social events Can be rewarding if you are in the right department and are friends with the VPs

Cons

As they grew, the culture changed drastically Will not be considered a high achiever unless you put in well over the 37.5 hours you get paid to work Some departments are looked down upon as less important Compensation info is only known to VPs, probably because of how unfair it is

Advice to Management

Do what you say you're going to do (ex. don't issue debt after telling shareholders you aren't going to) At least pretend like you care about the "administrative" departments, not just engineering/geology/land

Crescent Point Energy2018-04-26
  3. "Don’t fall for the facade"

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food all day. Free drinks and lots of free candy. Nice office- have ping pong and darts (but nobody is encouraged to use them)

Cons

Very manipulative. Management is in charge and nobody else has a say. HR is unreliable. Very exclusive environment that new employees are not invited to be a part of. They present a positive and inclusive environment during the interview process, but don’t let that fool you! People are not very outgoing and management decides everything. There is no autonomy. Watch your back.

Crescent Point Energy2017-12-31
  4. "Inmates running the asylum"

Current Employee - Operator in Roosevelt, UT

I have been working at Crescent Point Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has fun parties and events. Personal use of company vehicle, good benefits and stock purchase program. Kind of relaxed compared to other companies with OSHA and state regulations.

Cons

People in the office (production Foremen, leads, oil buyer/dispatcher) don't have too much experience or knowledge. Most of the field employees have more expertise than leads and foreman. Office personnel hardly ever come out to the field. There's a few operators with a lot of experience that pretty much keeps the field running. Terrible mechanic that somehow still has a job. Odd schedule. Office seems to have favorites.

Advice to Management

Hire leads and production foremen with actual experience and knowledge.

Crescent Point Energy2017-01-09

"Intern Program"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Crescent Point Energy for less than a year

Pros

Fun, young company who encourage the work-hard play hard mentality. The staff is very close and open and there are awesome opportunities to get to know co-workers and learn about the industry.

Cons

As a support staff intern I felt there was not much for me to do - there was a little bit of a separation opportunity wise for more industry specific interns and the support staff ones. Sometimes I felt that there was nothing for me to do and that I was constantly pestering my manager for more work.

Advice to Management

I would like to see a more structured intern program that encouraged growth and exploration for all the interns - not just the engineers.

Crescent Point Energy2016-02-15
  6. "Life Changing"

Current Employee - Landman in Denver, CO

I have been working at Crescent Point Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome corporate culture Amazing people Fun work atmosphere Flexibility Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Parking is not always paid for all employees

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and progressing, don't let others influence your business practices

Crescent Point Energy2014-01-15
  7. "Supervisor"

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time

Pros

Good teamwork when the company is making money, nice benefits and perks.

Cons

Loss of leadership when profits slow. Management unwilling to take risks that made the company great in the first place. Complete distrust of vendor base resulting in higher costs to produce.

Advice to Management

Don't forget what made the company great, it's still the best chance for a return.

Crescent Point Energy2019-04-10
  8. "Analyst"

I have been working at Crescent Point Energy full-time

Pros

Great company culture, young energetic company. Perks such as breakfast and gym

Cons

Limited room for career growth. Weak middle management.

Crescent Point Energy2019-03-01
  9. "Technician"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Calgary, AB

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Breakfast every morning, gym, benefits.

Cons

Unstable due to economy. They don't use their techs very well. The tech jobs are generally pretty easy, and you don't have to use your brain.

Crescent Point Energy2019-02-26
    • "Very effecient team who always get the job done. They treat their employees so well."

I have been working at Crescent Point Energy full-time

Pros

- Flexability to make changes - dedicated co-workers - work health balance

Cons

very little room to advance

Advice to Management

Management needs to see the day to day little things, not just the big projects.

Crescent Point Energy2019-02-11