Critical Connection Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Outstanding Company"

Current Contractor - Occupational Therapist in Rockville, MD
    Current Contractor - Occupational Therapist in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Critical Connection as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an Occupational Therapist for approximately 13 years. I met Telly, the Owner and CEO of Critical Connections, 7 years ago and I have worked with him ever since. My experience working with him and his company has been excellent. Telly and the Critical Connections staff have been very supportive, helpful and accessible. I have never been treated like a number or unimportant. Working with Critical Connections has helped me grow as an individual and professional, by providing me with opportunities in a wide variety of settings and locations. Critical Connections has helped me work in any state that I have been interested in. I have worked in cities in California, New Jersey, Washington D.C., Virginia and Maryland. My decision to work for Critical Connections is one of the best choices I have made in my career thus far. Critical connections is a fantastic company with a bright future ahead. I highly recommend Critical Connections Inc.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Critical Connections. The Owner and Company Staff are great individuals and continuously foster a positive work environment, with opportunities for professional growth and skill refinement.

Advice to Management

Continue their very supportive, positive and team focused philosophy.

2. "I do not recommend"

Current Contractor - Contractor
    Current Contractor - Contractor

I have been working at Critical Connection as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

At first it was a great working relationship. They pay on time weekly.

Cons

Job recruiter is changed multiple times without warning. It is difficult to get in touch with Telly. Promises made with regard to job placement aren't fulfilled. Disorganized. Lied about 401k plan and etc, the site was changed once this was brought up in a conversation.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and up to date

3. "Success Story"

Current Freelancer - Physical Therapist
    Current Freelancer - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Critical Connection (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve had the honor of having Critical Connections assist me in finding a full time and traveling position. Telly Telhan, the CEO, was there to assist me through two crucial periods of my career. When I first graduated from physical therapy school in 2007, I was inundated with a plethora of recruiters trying to push me into situations that were not conducive to my growth as physical therapist or as a person. My confidence in recruiters quickly dwindled until I met Telly. What separated him from the rest of the recruiters was how he took the time to get to know me individually, listened to my goals, educated me about the negotiation process, worked on my behalf to get the best deal possible and ensured that I seamlessly fit with the company. I accepted a full time position with this particular company and worked there for two years. In spite of me not officially working for Critical Connections, he continued to follow up with me until I left that position to relocate to the Arkansas in 2009.

Fast forward 5 years. In 2014, I had accepted a position in DC. I was in the process of moving back to the area from Arkansas when I received an email from that job stating “I unfortunately have some bad news in regards to the position in DC. Just recently the contract has been modified and that position has been removed and we can no longer hire for the position.” Because I was looking for something very specific and didn’t want to get locked down in a permanent position, I decided to go the traveling route. I applied for a traveling position with Critical Connection. The next day, I received a call from Telly himself. He recognized my name and remembered everything about me. He knew my goal was to only do traveling physical therapy until I was able to find my dream job. In less than a week, he provided me with a job and temporary housing. Since then, I have landed that dream job. Telly and I still stay in contact to this day. I spent most of this testimony talking about Telly, but the entire Critical Connection staff exudes professionalism to the highest regard.

-Michael Ashton PT, DPT, FAAOMPT, COMT, ATC, CSCS, CES, XPS, CIDN

Cons

I am forever grateful to Critical Connections and highly recommend this company without reservation.

5. "Physical Therapist"

Former Contractor - Physical Therapist in Rockville, MD
    Former Contractor - Physical Therapist in Rockville, MD

I worked at Critical Connection as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people in the office are very nice on the phone and try to assist you but answers that need to come from the owner, Telly never come. He NEVER returned any of my multiple calls.

Cons

Owner Telly NEVER returns calls, left more than 6 messages requesting return call never received. My last assignment I was owed almost a full week of pay and didn't get paid at next pay day. I made almost daily calls and got part of my owed monies paid 6+ weeks later. It is now 3+ months since contract ended and still have not received a return call from Telly nor my final pay. No problems though as this is called breech of contract and I'm taking Critical Connection and Mr. Telly to court. Paying a lawyer will be much more than what I'm owed. Lastly, I've met 2 additional PT's that worked with Critical Connection and both have stopped due to poor work issues with the company.

Advice to Management

Hard to give advice or recommendations when the problems appear to be with an owner that has no management or people skills and exhibits no desire to change. The rehab world is not that big and soon all will be aware of what Critical Connection is like and it's not good!

6. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD

I worked at Critical Connection (Less than a year)

Pros

Pro is leaving the company and finding a real company to work for. Seeing how bad a company can really be makes me appreciate the position I have now.

Cons

Have never worked for such a harsh environment, still haunts me to this day. I really want people to know that the owner is verbally abusive, there was no communication, the pace is so fast to the point you almost have an anxiety attack and the owner took credit for everything. I would not wish my worst enemy to work here. Seemed like an okay place to work aside from the dirty bachelor style small office in Rockville, MD.

Advice to Management

Do not promise an employee a nice salary and title and have them start as a low paid recruiter. Telly is personable but when working with him the tables turn. Telly doesn't allow for anyone to succeed because he has done it by himself so does not communicate well or manage well.

7. "DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!"

Pros

None. I do not recommend this company. Bad business practices and will not honor contracts. Do not pay amounts owed to contractors and then ignore/screen calls feigning ignorance. The "recruiter" is the OWNER/CEO. He knows what is going on. "Wool over my eyes" was 100% correct.

Cons

Do not uphold contracts and pay employees owed amounts. Will allow Clients to end contracts without notice without any response or owned payment to contractors. Their allegiance is to the Client...not the contractor. Do not visit or follow up with sites to make sure that the employees are safe. Not available. Terrible business practices. Should not be in business.

Advice to Management

Honor the contracts. Pay appropriately...and ON TIME. Be available in the office 5days a week, especially on Friday when paychecks post. Visit the sites you send your employees and ask if this is a place where you would want a loved one to work. Recognize it's the contractors not the Clients that keep your business running for "10 years". Re evaluate your goals. Is it play time or a business? Plan to close your doors and close the business.

8. "Occupational Therapist"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Critical Connection as a contractor

Pros

They moved quickly to set up the interview for a specific job.

Cons

Very unorganized, do not honor all aspects of contract, difficult to get in touch with, especially on issues of concern. Do not reimburse for pre-employment testing.

Advice to Management

Consider reimbursing for physicals, all other travel companies do this. Make sure your travel agents are available to their travelers and check in on satisfaction rates.

9. "Pulled the wool over my eyes"

Pros

If you want to work at a place where you are disrespected, work long hours and have stressful work environment this would be perfect.

Cons

This is a a pyramid scheme. Make 50 calls a day! Intrigues you in the interview but it is definitely not like that when you start.

Advice to Management

leadership desperately needs to take management classes.
    Owner/Manager takes all the credit

10. "Not great"

Pros

Not a lot of pros except for competitive base salary.

Cons

Bad pay, stressful work environment, poor management

"Working here WILL pay off someday!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Flexible hours; ability to work remotely; dynamic atmosphere; much needed service

Cons

Still a startup after 10 years; undercapitalized; errattic paychecks; no benefit plan yet

Advice to Management

Consider Venture Capital! This company offers a service SO needed in the medical community. It's time to turn loose of the some of the control and bring in people who know how to run a company. Then sit back, finally, and watch what you've built take on the life it deserves.