Critical Connection Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "PTA"

Current Contractor - Contract Traveler in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Contractor - Contract Traveler in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Critical Connection as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation compared to other contract companies
    Staff and owner sincerely care about keeping people working
    Company sponsored meet ups for local staff

Cons

No 401k
    Long call back times

Advice to Management

Add open positions to website
    Loyalty bonus after mult extensions or repeated contracts with company to be used like vacation time

2. "Best Company I have ever worked for"

I have been working at Critical Connection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner genuinely cares about his in office employees, as well as the contractors out in the field. The work environment is fun and easy going. We are like a little family. I wouldn't trade my current situation for anything else.

Cons

I honestly have no cons.

3. "Admin"

I worked at Critical Connection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. At all. This place is absolutely, unbelievably awful. I'm just typing here because Glassdoor requires a 20 word minimum.

Cons

I am one of many admins that have been through this revolving door of an office. No one seems to last long here. To say that the CEO (Telly) is abusive is the understatement of the year. He constantly made fun of me. One day he literally reduced me to tears, and it had nothing to do with my work (he started teasing me about personal matters, loudly, so everyone heard).
    The others in the office were incredibly nice, but it became humiliating to be there, especially when I'd get insulted and then have others come to me saying they can't believe I'm putting up with this abuse. I had to leave, to save my sanity and self-esteem.

Advice to Management

Close your doors - Telly does not have the people skills or the temperament to run a business.

4. "I do not recommend"

Current Contractor - Contractor
    Current Contractor - Contractor

I have been working at Critical Connection as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

At first it was a great working relationship. They pay on time weekly.

Cons

Job recruiter is changed multiple times without warning. It is difficult to get in touch with Telly. Promises made with regard to job placement aren't fulfilled. Disorganized. Lied about 401k plan and etc, the site was changed once this was brought up in a conversation.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and up to date

5. "Outstanding Company"

Current Contractor - Occupational Therapist in Rockville, MD
    Current Contractor - Occupational Therapist in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Critical Connection as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an Occupational Therapist for approximately 13 years. I met Telly, the Owner and CEO of Critical Connections, 7 years ago and I have worked with him ever since. My experience working with him and his company has been excellent. Telly and the Critical Connections staff have been very supportive, helpful and accessible. I have never been treated like a number or unimportant. Working with Critical Connections has helped me grow as an individual and professional, by providing me with opportunities in a wide variety of settings and locations. Critical Connections has helped me work in any state that I have been interested in. I have worked in cities in California, New Jersey, Washington D.C., Virginia and Maryland. My decision to work for Critical Connections is one of the best choices I have made in my career thus far. Critical connections is a fantastic company with a bright future ahead. I highly recommend Critical Connections Inc.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Critical Connections. The Owner and Company Staff are great individuals and continuously foster a positive work environment, with opportunities for professional growth and skill refinement.

Advice to Management

Continue their very supportive, positive and team focused philosophy.

6. "Success Story"

Current Freelancer - Physical Therapist
    Current Freelancer - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Critical Connection (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve had the honor of having Critical Connections assist me in finding a full time and traveling position. Telly Telhan, the CEO, was there to assist me through two crucial periods of my career. When I first graduated from physical therapy school in 2007, I was inundated with a plethora of recruiters trying to push me into situations that were not conducive to my growth as physical therapist or as a person. My confidence in recruiters quickly dwindled until I met Telly. What separated him from the rest of the recruiters was how he took the time to get to know me individually, listened to my goals, educated me about the negotiation process, worked on my behalf to get the best deal possible and ensured that I seamlessly fit with the company. I accepted a full time position with this particular company and worked there for two years. In spite of me not officially working for Critical Connections, he continued to follow up with me until I left that position to relocate to the Arkansas in 2009.

Fast forward 5 years. In 2014, I had accepted a position in DC. I was in the process of moving back to the area from Arkansas when I received an email from that job stating “I unfortunately have some bad news in regards to the position in DC. Just recently the contract has been modified and that position has been removed and we can no longer hire for the position.” Because I was looking for something very specific and didn’t want to get locked down in a permanent position, I decided to go the traveling route. I applied for a traveling position with Critical Connection. The next day, I received a call from Telly himself. He recognized my name and remembered everything about me. He knew my goal was to only do traveling physical therapy until I was able to find my dream job. In less than a week, he provided me with a job and temporary housing. Since then, I have landed that dream job. Telly and I still stay in contact to this day. I spent most of this testimony talking about Telly, but the entire Critical Connection staff exudes professionalism to the highest regard.

-Michael Ashton PT, DPT, FAAOMPT, COMT, ATC, CSCS, CES, XPS, CIDN

Cons

I am forever grateful to Critical Connections and highly recommend this company without reservation.

7. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD

I worked at Critical Connection (Less than a year)

Pros

Pro is leaving the company and finding a real company to work for. Seeing how bad a company can really be makes me appreciate the position I have now.

Cons

Have never worked for such a harsh environment, still haunts me to this day. I really want people to know that the owner is verbally abusive, there was no communication, the pace is so fast to the point you almost have an anxiety attack and the owner took credit for everything. I would not wish my worst enemy to work here. Seemed like an okay place to work aside from the dirty bachelor style small office in Rockville, MD.

Advice to Management

Do not promise an employee a nice salary and title and have them start as a low paid recruiter. Telly is personable but when working with him the tables turn. Telly doesn't allow for anyone to succeed because he has done it by himself so does not communicate well or manage well.

8. "Occupational Therapist"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Critical Connection as a contractor

Pros

They moved quickly to set up the interview for a specific job.

Cons

Very unorganized, do not honor all aspects of contract, difficult to get in touch with, especially on issues of concern. Do not reimburse for pre-employment testing.

Advice to Management

Consider reimbursing for physicals, all other travel companies do this. Make sure your travel agents are available to their travelers and check in on satisfaction rates.

9. "Pulled the wool over my eyes"

Pros

If you want to work at a place where you are disrespected, work long hours and have stressful work environment this would be perfect.

Cons

This is a a pyramid scheme. Make 50 calls a day! Intrigues you in the interview but it is definitely not like that when you start.

Advice to Management

leadership desperately needs to take management classes.
    Owner/Manager takes all the credit

10. "Not great"

Pros

Not a lot of pros except for competitive base salary.

Cons

Bad pay, stressful work environment, poor management