Datamyx Reviews | Glassdoor

Datamyx Reviews

3.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The Non-Sales Part of Datamyx"

Current Employee - Operations in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Operations in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Datamyx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

First and most important, the people are outstanding at this organization. From top to bottom, the quality of person and skill level is hard to match. I am impressed by the overall youth and energy of the company. Undoubtedly, the youth can be hang-up at times. On the whole, however, it is the freshness of the people that give this organization an energetic environment and contrarian perspective.

The solution (data, technology, and analytics) has a foundation that is knife's edge; even in an industry where innovation can be quickly commoditized. Datamyx sinks way too much money in keeping itself responsive to the market. At times, this strategic flex is an irritant to the people...get over it.

It is a sales organization. If you don't have a penchant for revenue, then get out. Our sales team is the heart of the organization. They can drive the operations-side of the company mad...Check that: they do drive the operations-side of the company mad. However, we don't lose sight of the fact that without "client advocates" this business stalls and we become another Tom-Dick-or-Harry. Regrettably, I acknowledge that sales often gets caught up in non-selling activities. Whenever the sales team does do a non-sales activity, it is not because operational resources are idle.

Which leads me to the operational force (and, yes, they are a force). From IT to Product to Production, they have a work ethic that is unsurpassed. Period. End of Sentence. They are the guardians of the organization. From 3AM trigger loads to 11:30PM app releases, they are literally working around the clock.

At the end of the day, Datamyx is an entrepreneurial company. If you want a stress-free nine-to-five, then you are not cut out for our culture. There was a time when list hawking was easier. In fact, list hawking is still relatively easy. Yet, understand that Datamyx is not in the list brokerage business. Datamyx is in the marketing solutions space. That means, customers come to us to handle real problems and value our insight and consultancy. Know that when dealing with these real-world issues, we are identifying, researching, and crafting real solutions. This is not a 1-2-3 process. It's taxing. Admittedly, not everyone in the organization is cut out for it. The "old guard" is, in fact, less cut out.

I see the negative reviews spewed on this page. To me, it's indicative of employees that are relishing yesteryear or some illusionary concept of a "simpler time". By all means, if that is what you want, then you're not with the right company. There are many data brokers out there that would be happy to have you.

If, however, you want a challenging career that pays and plays well, then I have a seat on the bus for you. This is the new reality of Datamyx. Step up or step aside.

Cons

Here's the list...
    (1) Dysfunctional relationships
    (2) Competing visions
    (3) Office politics
    (4) Gossip
    (5) Unbalanced / disproportionate workloads and efforts
    (6) Indecisiveness at all ranks
    (7) Poorly conceived departures

...Things that exist everywhere. If it bothers you that much, then good luck finding another office where it doesn't exist. If you are looking for a place where these issues don't occur, then I suggest you begin your question the unemployment line.

Advice to Management

You've grown the company's revenue exponentially in five years. I suppose, my advice is keep doing what you are doing. Sometimes the hardest decision is to ignore your people's clamoring and just keep the boat afloat.

""LIKE STEPPING IN QUICKSAND""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Datamyx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small Company; Easy Access to CEO

Cons

If you're new to Datamyx, it will only take about three months before you ask yourself "why do I work here"?
    One word equates with Datamyx - DYSFUNCTION!! Datamyx will sell you on their ‘corporate culture” during the interview process-don't fall for it! Newly hired employees have to remember the values and recite corporate “values” in a required Datamyx exam which is supposed to make you an official “Datamyxer”. It’s all a sham-the majority of employees don't adopt the values and the more tenured personnel have never taken the exam and have the worst professional behavior. The company is run by a CEO micro manager and an inept executive team that does nothing to develop or coach their employees. The client service team are robots who don’t think out the box and the worst offense is an Operations Executive who is so incompetent and disengaged that it damages the credibility and accountability of the CEO and company. Datamyx had an onslaught of new employees that don’t last because Datamyx does not want to change and listen to the innovation or processes that new people bring to the company . I have witnessed sales processes change three times in one year and the company has an antiquated customized infrastructure (don’t remove that band aid)! to support their processes. Employees are miserable and afraid to voice their opinion for fear of losing their jobs-hence tons of sarcasm in the workplace to cover up what is really going on.

Advice to Management

Top heavy-too many chiefs that don't execute -Indians are slaves and very unhappy-ask what has the executive team/personnel done to grow my company. Sell to a company with more resources and competent personnel to absorb all the operating expenses

"Love it!!!!"

Current Employee - Lead Generation Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Generation Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Datamyx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great culture, positive attitudes, stress free, team building focused both with employees and clients. Looking forward to working with all of the geniuses at Datamyx and can't wait to get on the phone and sell the best consumer credit data on the planet.

Cons

I haven't seen anything that I would change so far!

"I learned a lot in my 10+ years with Datamyx"

Former Employee - Client Services in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Client Services in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Datamyx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They care about their values and employees

Cons

No many opportunities to grow.

Advice to Management

See for ways to promote from within