Dee Set Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Dee Set Logistics Reviews

Updated Sep 14, 2019

2.2
Dee Set Logistics CEO Greg Phillips (no image)
Greg Phillips
Pros
Cons
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to develop"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Barlaston, England

I have been working at Dee Set Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to develop if you have the right attitude. Talent is recognised.

Cons

This is a family owned business and in some areas this shows.

Dee Set Logistics2019-09-14
  2. "Fun times"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Dee Set Logistics part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, fun colleagues, progressive,easy going

Cons

Not enough hrs sometimes. Apps fail. Need better tablets

Dee Set Logistics2019-09-13
  3. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Reigate, England

I have been working at Dee Set Logistics part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working individually or in a group. Various locations as backup, but not compulsory. Extra pay in your pocket plus travel and petrol. Uniform supplied. Perks of job in some retail places % discount. Flexible working.

Cons

To be honest I can not think if any at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up good work.

Dee Set Logistics2019-05-19

"Job with two sides"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I worked at Dee Set Logistics part-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff in your store and your supervisor are great to work with. You become a great team and make good friends.

Cons

Area managers are useless at their jobs Everyone above your store supervisor is useless Impossible jobs and tasks set with little time Pay is different depending on age (outdated and should not be allowed anymore)

Advice to Management

Get out of your offices and get in to stores and actually give your loyal and hardworking staff some help. There is constant checks and balances on staff when it comes to surveys and the way the store looks but never on those above who constantly seem out of touch and useless. I personally reported the stupid and impossible tasks that get set for staff in stores and there was no change. Area manager would... constantly say she would be coming in to check on store but never did and never given reason why there was no visit. As for staff wages it seriously needs to be looked at. I started at the age of twenty and even though I did the same and sometimes even more tasks than another member of staff I was still paid less because of my age. Even though my work was flawless and always to a high standard I was paid less just because of my age something I can not control. Go and see the staff that work for you in stores. Go and spend a day doing delivery with them or the numerous amounts of surveys that keep getting sent. Go and see how hard they work and constantly put up with everything you dump on them. Go and give them some help and let them know you are willing to listen.

Dee Set Logistics2019-06-21

"working at dee set"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Dee Set Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

team are good to work with

Cons

the following lack of jobs\hours/locations/communication/information/staffing

Advice to Management

arrange job better

Dee Set Logistics2019-06-13
  6. "Good if you don’t mind being left to it"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Kilmarnock, Scotland

I have been working at Dee Set Logistics part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours - left alone to get on with work.

Cons

Low pay Little on job training

Advice to Management

None

Dee Set Logistics2019-04-01
  7. "Disappointed"

Former Employee - Nutmeg Merchandiser in Liverpool, England

I worked at Dee Set Logistics part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working around other commitments.

Cons

Not being paid mileage to other shops. Poor pay compared to supermarket staff. Poor training. Low expectations.

Advice to Management

Pay at least what the staff are being paid in the supermarkets where you operate, we have more responsibility. Listen more. Pay mileage. Get rid of Morrison’s off uniform. Train better and be realistic.

Dee Set Logistics2019-05-04

"Unsure"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Dee Set Logistics part-time for less than a year

Pros

Part time hours for those that can't do full, seems an easy enough job.

Cons

Small team, lies about contract hours, unorganised, pay

Advice to Management

At least give former employees time to fill in time sheet before closing their colleague portal account down, notice given day1, went to account day2 no access so cannot input hours worked so I won't get paid. Don't advertise job as certain hours to then find theirs hardly any staff and they require lots of overtime from you straight away.

Dee Set Logistics2019-04-25

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England

I worked at Dee Set Logistics part-time

Pros

Manager was nice other than that not much to say.

Cons

-Too much work given in the four hour shifts -treat you horribly although my manager was nice but the head offices were obnoxious. -paid very little - so much training is needed yet barely anything is given -I was only two weeks into the job yet the manager decided to take a holiday and leave me with everything even though I knew barely anything as I was still new myself? -they give you way too much work to... do in such little time, it was almost chaotic. - most of the shifts you are on your own so you will barely get any help if you need it. - there was a big fuss over my uniform (I wore a black shirt with black work pants) even though they did not give me a uniform to begin with. Kept asking them for uniform and they told my manager to give her Deeset Tshirt to me knowing fully well she had worn it for 6 years.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers. Stop paying them little and making them work so much and giving them such little time to do everything. Offer help and support to your workers rather than leaving them out in the open with virtually no training them blaming them when something goes wrong. In the few months I was there, I saw 2 staff quit which forced me to work extra hours which I was not happy about.

Dee Set Logistics2019-04-15

"My child could run the company better than those in head office!"

Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Dee Set Logistics part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Believe I just saw a tumble weed go by...

Cons

Make yourself a cuppa as the list is looong! Now I expect I will get a generic thanks for your feedback type of reply for this from Mr phillips but don't worry it won't hurt my feelings as like 95% of the staff I have spoke too we no longer care.the only reason for this review is to warn people if they think of applying for any merchandising job with Dee set then throw a cold bucket of water over your face to regain... your sanity. So to give you a better understanding of the job let's start with the important bit, PAY...it's peanuts. Morrisons staff get paid more than you will. And to add insult to injury your be given a work load with a time frame that is unrealistic and here is the best bit...drum roll....your be given Morrisons colleagues work. That's right your paid to do work that Morrisons should be doing for a wage less than theirs. This also leads me onto another issue. The new nutmeg uniform which clearly states Morrisons on it! Not sure which bright spark in head office though this was a good idea but it's insulting to the ones who have to wear it and I really don't understand why you wouldn't have Dee set on it rather than advertise another company.hell maybe I'll add some other company names for free advertising, mc d's? Tesco? O2? Now onto another issue, no perks. No discount cards and no bonuses. Once again Morrisons staff get both of those inc discount on the clothing. The workload like I have said is unrealistic and expectation is high with last minute sales to set up, I'm talking 2 days to identify,sort and set up a sale. I bet your wondering what staff morale is like by now well with lack of communication from an area manager for help and advice you are left to wing it! But don't be fooled, if you don't get work done by the stated time they are soon on your case like their life depends on it. Recently also store hours have been cut so much that some store are not able to forefill all staff contracted hours! I could go on  but unfortunately I have to prepare myself mentally to visit hell, sorry I mean work but here is a quick round up for you.... paid peanuts, Morrisons uniform, zero benefits, huge work load, little time, lack of communication and contracted hours not able to be honoured.  I hope this helps prevent at least one more person losing their sanity.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and Clean your ears out so you can hear and see what your merchandisers are trying to tell you. Without us the company wouldn't be where it is today. Show us some respect and improve the job before you lose all your staff... Bet this falls on deft ears :(

Dee Set Logistics2019-03-16