Digital Remedy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Michael Seiman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It was a great young work environment that made everyone feel included and still got a lot done (in 8 reviews)

• There was free lunch Thursdays, lots of holidays off, craft beers for those who drank it, fun atmosphere, nice coworkers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • For me so far I haven't really felt any cons and if people believe that a lot of work is a con then (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is full of sexist men with horrible Napoleon complexes (in 4 reviews)

1. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is always something new to learn, hard work and dedication pays off. Very relaxed environment to work in. Free lunch on Thursdays and multiple happy hours throughout the year. Digital Remedy values their employees exponentially.

Cons

I have no cons about working here, it is a great company to be apart of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

Aug 24, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Really happy that you are enjoying your time here at Digital Remedy- please do remember leadership's open door policy; if you have an idea on how to build a better team, environment or product please... More

"Nice!"

Current Employee - Office Service Technician in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Service Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best atmosphere. Perfect place to grow.

Cons

Can't think of anything wrong. Almost the best experience ever in a workplace!

3. "For the most part, I loved my time there."

I worked at Digital Remedy full-time

Pros

Location and amenities: Whatever office you're closest to (Seattle, New Orleans, Manhattan), they're great locations, fully stocked kitchens, couches and bean bags. Beer is provided on site as well. Lunch is provided by the company on Thursdays. All employees are equipped with some form of Macbook (Pro or Air depending on usage) and decently sized monitors.

The people: You'll find that a lot of teams, especially between technology and business groups interact a lot, not just because of necessity. For the most part, everyone is generally friendly and are willing to collaborate and listen.

The work being done: The term 'work hard, play hard' is generally a cliche, but it does apply here. While you can enjoy a beer after 5pm, be prepared to put in long work hours, especially on long-term projects and hotfixes. I don't consider this a con, because the reward of getting stuff done like submitting a ton of ad campaigns, fixing a major bug, or launching a new site is worth the 5pm beer.

Cons

The biggest con that I've seen is that the company as a whole has a very reactive approach to major changes in the online advertising market as well as technology, at least when it comes to the solutions they provide. Maintenance is fine and all, but taking steps to evolve technology offerings should've started way sooner.

Company-wide engagement from the main office in Manhattan to the remote offices can be a bit lacking sometimes. They have tried to get other offices involved in company-wide activities, but sometimes the news doesn't trickle down all the way.

Salary can be a bit below market value, depending on job types. To be fair, this is still considered a small company, but it makes for decent salary negotiation when it comes time to discuss raises.

Advice to Management

If this company wants to be innovative and competitive in its offerings, coasting along on what you currently have can only get you so far, and if something changes, it takes more time to get up to speed, and can (and will) be revenue impacting. I've seen previous reviews refer to only taking on short term projects that make money, and while that's gotten a bit better, that kind of mentality lingers.

4. "Just Getting Started"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Warm and welcoming atmosphere
    Quick and seamless on-boarding process
    Fast paced, never a dull moment
    Free lunch once a week. YAY!

Cons

None really, just your usual fun IT hiccups anytime you start at a new place. :-)
    Lots of meetings, but it was necessary as I'm getting up to speed on the different divisions, systems and strategies.

Sep 26, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Really Glad you are enjoying your new role here at CPXi- we are growing (tell your friends and do take advantage of our employee referral bonus policy!)! Please be sure to connect with the HR Team... More

5. "Fast growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy (Less than a year)

Pros

• Full transparency within the company
    • Good inter-departmental communication
    • Better chances of professional & personal growth
    • Lots & lots of perks for full time employees
    • Better motivation since there is no visible professional hierarchy

Cons

None that I know of.

Advice to Management

The company CEO, higher management could probably have monthly meetups with employees to boost performance, share reviews, communicate etc

Sep 14, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your post- we are gratified that you are enjoying the career path you've chosen here with us.

"Graphic Designer"

Pros

Wonderful co-workers and nice working atmosphere.

Cons

Very little transparency and low salary.

Sep 27, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

It is certainly gratifying to hear that you enjoy both CPXi's terrific office environment and the fantastic group of dedicated professionals we have assembled. Regarding your mention of the culture... More

"Good guys, try hard"

I worked at Digital Remedy full-time

Pros

Good guys, passionate about what they do. Willing to try and differentiate. Care about their staff

Cons

Management has no real chops, not the most business savvy group. Make decisions that aren't particularly well thought through that keep the business from breaking through as a tier 1 industry player.

Advice to Management

Hire professional management. What's been brought through won't take the business to the next level.

"Just an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is great. Just being there makes you feel motivated to do more. The people around you influence your fixed mindset to believe that you can grow and be more. The company encourages that you strive for more, which is awesome. Plus summer Fridays, karaoke and happy hours are GRRRRReat! Overall the best company I have worked in.

Cons

For me so far I haven't really felt any cons and if people believe that a lot of work is a con then.... why work in a company? I personally believe that more work is better than less work because it can and will get you noticed.

Aug 4, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your response- We're really glad you are enjoying it here with us! Please know that your suggestions and feedback are always appreciated and most welcome. Please do reach out to me... More

"5 stars!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Although I have only been a part of CPXi for a couple of months I must say that the work environment is great! The employees within the company all have a strong work ethic and share the common goal of aiding in the company's success.

- Welcoming atmosphere
    - Free Lunch on Thursdays
    - Tons of games
    - Free breakfast

Cons

Can't think of anything that needs to be changed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mar 29, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Really Glad you are enjoying the team here! Please know, we welcome new ideas and are happy to answer any questions that might come up. And don't forget about our employee referral bonus policy!

"Bleak"

Former Employee - Ad Tech Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ad Tech Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Remedy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to get experience in different departments. Beer and food are nice, but this is not unique to cpxi. A handful of good individuals to enjoy working with.

Cons

Lack of direction/focusing in the wrong direction. There was lots of inconsistency(in both vision and strategy). Most employees only have knowledge of CPXi, leading to lack of full knowledge of the industry. Improper staffing in important departments prevents the ability to keep up with the industry having them end up two steps behind. Depending on outdated ways of piecing together business for most cases. There is limited internal technology. Limited possibilities for future unless someone decides to buy up one of the divisions.

Advice to Management

Stop coming up with the "next big thing" after it has already been done. Look to strategize towards helping and growing the industry overall.