Digital Remedy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 25, 2018

4.1
Michael Seiman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There was free lunch Thursdays, lots of holidays off, craft beers for those who drank it, fun atmosphere, nice coworkers" (in 9 reviews)

• "Exciting work environment with lots of Amenities including Stocked Kitchen, Game Room, Gourmet Coffee Machines, Soda & Beer Taps" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "CPXi spends way too much money on superfluous projects and things in the office" (in 8 reviews)

• "I have no cons about working here, it is a great company to be apart of" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place To Earn a Living and Grow."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paternity and Maternity.
    Free Lunch Thursdays.
    Fully Stocked Kitchen.
    C-Level has an open door policy, and care what every employee has to say.
    Opportunity to advance positions.
    Hires Industry leads, and stays ahead of the curve.
    Great training programs.
    Motivational speakers.
    Hands on HR department.
    Ping Pong table, and two kegs.
    Team outings: happy hour, team building, etc.
    Summer fridays

Cons

None come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep having monthly meetings. Its nice to know what is going on behind the scenes.

Jun 25, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Really Glad you are enjoying it here at Digital Remedy- Do remember to take advantage of our C-Suite "open door" policy, or stop by HR if you have any questions. And don't forget about our employee... More

2. "Good"

Pros

- in midtown NYC
    - free food, veg, fruits, drinks

Cons

-The background is a little noisy since in midtown

Sep 26, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

While there is little we can do about the hustle and bustle of our midtown surroundings, we are thrilled you are having such a positive experience here as a member of the team. Please do remember... More

3. "Amazing"

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time

Pros

Great benefits/ perks and every single person I've met is extremely friendly and will drop everything to help you

Cons

No cons come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Sep 26, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We are very glad you are enjoying the strong culture here at Digital Remedy and all the benefits of being a member of the team! Please do remember our employee referral bonus policy - refer your... More

"Great Management and Amazing Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started at Digital Remedy about 3 years ago; my first job out of college, and I have enjoyed every day that I have worked here. The company atmosphere is electric and while we all work very hard we still have a great time doing it. The entire management team is extremely helpful and listens carefully when we have ideas or suggestions. Our manager on the client services team treats every one of his 20+ subordinates equally and makes sure we are aware that we each matter to the success of this company. I look forward to continue growing here over the next few years.

Cons

None at all, love this company and my team.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to our suggestions, we appreciate the fact that we have a say here at Digital Remedy.

"Okay company"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Remedy full-time

Pros

A lot of the people that worked there were friendly and there were a few cool events there.

Cons

CPXi spends way too much money on superfluous projects and things in the office. Content sites really suck and management doesn't know how to take care of their employees. I remember meeting the CFO and listening to him rant about how they blew $9 million on some project that went bust.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees! Get better content

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is always something new to learn, hard work and dedication pays off. Very relaxed environment to work in. Free lunch on Thursdays and multiple happy hours throughout the year. Digital Remedy values their employees exponentially.

Cons

I have no cons about working here, it is a great company to be apart of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

Aug 24, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Really happy that you are enjoying your time here at Digital Remedy- please do remember leadership's open door policy; if you have an idea on how to build a better team, environment or product please... More

"Nice!"

Current Employee - Office Service Technician in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Service Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best atmosphere. Perfect place to grow.

Cons

Can't think of anything wrong. Almost the best experience ever in a workplace!

"For the most part, I loved my time there."

I worked at Digital Remedy full-time

Pros

Location and amenities: Whatever office you're closest to (Seattle, New Orleans, Manhattan), they're great locations, fully stocked kitchens, couches and bean bags. Beer is provided on site as well. Lunch is provided by the company on Thursdays. All employees are equipped with some form of Macbook (Pro or Air depending on usage) and decently sized monitors.

The people: You'll find that a lot of teams, especially between technology and business groups interact a lot, not just because of necessity. For the most part, everyone is generally friendly and are willing to collaborate and listen.

The work being done: The term 'work hard, play hard' is generally a cliche, but it does apply here. While you can enjoy a beer after 5pm, be prepared to put in long work hours, especially on long-term projects and hotfixes. I don't consider this a con, because the reward of getting stuff done like submitting a ton of ad campaigns, fixing a major bug, or launching a new site is worth the 5pm beer.

Cons

The biggest con that I've seen is that the company as a whole has a very reactive approach to major changes in the online advertising market as well as technology, at least when it comes to the solutions they provide. Maintenance is fine and all, but taking steps to evolve technology offerings should've started way sooner.

Company-wide engagement from the main office in Manhattan to the remote offices can be a bit lacking sometimes. They have tried to get other offices involved in company-wide activities, but sometimes the news doesn't trickle down all the way.

Salary can be a bit below market value, depending on job types. To be fair, this is still considered a small company, but it makes for decent salary negotiation when it comes time to discuss raises.

Advice to Management

If this company wants to be innovative and competitive in its offerings, coasting along on what you currently have can only get you so far, and if something changes, it takes more time to get up to speed, and can (and will) be revenue impacting. I've seen previous reviews refer to only taking on short term projects that make money, and while that's gotten a bit better, that kind of mentality lingers.

9. "Just Getting Started"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Remedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Warm and welcoming atmosphere
    Quick and seamless on-boarding process
    Fast paced, never a dull moment
    Free lunch once a week. YAY!

Cons

None really, just your usual fun IT hiccups anytime you start at a new place. :-)
    Lots of meetings, but it was necessary as I'm getting up to speed on the different divisions, systems and strategies.

Sep 26, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Really Glad you are enjoying your new role here at CPXi- we are growing (tell your friends and do take advantage of our employee referral bonus policy!)! Please be sure to connect with the HR Team... More

"Graphic Designer"

Pros

Wonderful co-workers and nice working atmosphere.

Cons

Very little transparency and low salary.

Sep 27, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

It is certainly gratifying to hear that you enjoy both CPXi's terrific office environment and the fantastic group of dedicated professionals we have assembled. Regarding your mention of the culture... More